Coup in Zimbabwe? - Mugabe Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...y-coup-harare-take-over-zanu-pf-a8055536.html

Mr Zuma said he spoke to President Mugabe earlier this morning, who indicated he was confined to his home but said he was fine.
23 mins ago
South Africa's President, Jacob Zuma, is sending a special envoy to Zimbabwe to meet with President Robert Mugabe and the Zimbabwean army, Reuters reports. Mr Zuma is doing this in his capacity as chair of the Southern African Development Community.
41 mins ago
The Zimbabwean military is in charge of a paramilitary police support unit depot in Harare and has disarmed police officers there, an army source told Reuters. "They are now in charge of all armoury, all gates and roads leading in or out of the camp. Arcturus Road [which leads to the camp] is closed and all Support Unit details with guns have been disarmed," the source said.

Both, a fine example of the difficulties in transition from leading a revolutionary movement to a functional government. Aung Sun Sui Kyi in Myanmar is another example, her actions toward the Rohingyas are even analogous to Gukurahundi in Matebeleland.

For the lefties. Is Mugabe a hero for feeing his country from white oppression, or is he a racist who's anti white policies sent his once thriving country broke?

Racist corrupt scum.

Oh wait, i'm a center righty.

Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both, a fine example of the difficulties in transition from leading a revolutionary movement to a functional government. Aung Sun Sui Kyi in Myanmar is another example, her actions toward the Rohingyas are even analogous to Gukurahundi in Matebeleland.
What was it I heard said about Stalin? I think it was in the article about the Silk Road take down. The problem arises when the leader thinks the revolution is all about him.

Malcolm Fraser is inconsolable

But its so much better than when the English ran the place.

A land of milk and honey.

What was it I heard said about Stalin? I think it was in the article about the Silk Road take down. The problem arises when the leader thinks the revolution is all about him.

It was all about the wife.

According to aunt who's spoken to one of my two remaining cousins there it's all remarkably business as usual.

A mate rang his mother who lives in Bulawayo to see if she was ok and she didn't even know there was a coup on.

Mugabe was the main reason the racist Southern Rhodesia state ceased to be.

He was also a racist, dictatorial prick in his own right and he is responsible for Zimbabwe's parlous state today. The two don't need to be mutually exclusive of each other.

One wonders if things would've turned out differently had ZAPU and Nkomo's strategy to roll in the tanks from Tanzania once Mugabe's guerrilla forces had done the hard work ended up working.
Nkomo was never in with a chance, he was an Ndbele.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back