Court Dates

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Trying to keep a list of court dates for cases that have caught the interest on the crimes board.

If you know of any more, or as others become known or any updates please let us know in this thread or tag us in the case thread

April 2, Riversde (US) 10 year old nazi father murderer, sentencing hearing Appears Currently Supressed
April 8, Luke Magnotta – the Lin Jun murder – Montreal, preliminary resumption

June 19 - Adrian Bayley, Jill Meagher Murder, sentancing
June 20 – Scarsdale teenager murder – Darren Wilson and Joel Henderson, Commital Mention, Ballarat Magistrates Court
June 25 – Streeter Brothers murder – Ross Streeter Commital Mention Melbourne Magistrates
June 26, Steven Hunter, Sarah Cafferky Murder, Sentencing, Victorain Supreme Court
July 23 – Keli Lane Appeal Hearing, NSW Court of Criminal Appeal, Sydney
August 5 - Dylan Closter – Rye Bashing Manslaughter, Committal Hearing, Melbourne Magistrates
August 5: Joan Ryther brief due to magistrate

August 11: Oscar Pistourious – Indictment hearing, South Africa (Adjourned June 4)

Unknown/Yet to be determined
– Llloyd Rayney, Appeal hearing, Appeals Court Western Australia
Brett Cowan, The Daniel Morecome Murder, Trial Supreme Court Queensland
Gerard Baden Clay, Murder, Trial, Queensland Supreme Court
Demarquise Elkins, Brusnkwick Georgia baby shooting, Georgia US (preliminry likely Glynn County)
Amanda Knox, Appeals Court Retrial, Florence Italy

CAS79

Mark Marshall 19 April Application for Release

Agreed to a further 6 month individually focused counselling regime/program. To be determined after that date . ie Oct 2016

Mark Marshall has , through the Mulligan Enquiry made allegations spanning 3-4 decades against SA Police , his own family members ( see Ratcliffe/Gordon story) and prison officers

October apparently, who knows what will happen then though? This thing could go on forever and it doesn't look to be a slam dunk to me either.

I'd suggest it will be a slam dunk.

People very close to the incident are well briefed and very confident. Given their legal backgrounds, they would have an eye and ear for what it takes for a conviction.

I'd suggest it will be a slam dunk.

People very close to the incident are well briefed and very confident. Given their legal backgrounds, they would have an eye and ear for what it takes for a conviction.

Well, that's good news then. Maybe he'll plead guilty in October, try and do some sort of deal for a chance at parole and tell the Spiers where their daughter is.

Criminal trial by judge alone (p12) [Western Australia]
http://www.lrc.justice.wa.gov.au/_files/ch01-jurors.pdf

Disclosure/Committal Hearing for Perth ...
http://www.magistratescourt.wa.gov.au/_files/practice_direction_2_2008.pdf

The State Director of Public Prosecutions acts as prosecutor in the Magistrates Court Stirling Gardens but is not responsible for disclosure under s 42(5) of the Criminal Procedure Act 2004

The responsibility for disclosure prior to the disclosure/committal hearing remains with the investigating officers who commence each prosecution.

The establishment of the Magistrates Court Stirling Gardens expedites the committal and hearing of criminal cases in the Supreme Court. It effects a system of individual case management of each matter from start to finish. To this end, the parties are encouraged to engage in voluntary case conferencing at a very early stage notwithstanding the lack of full prosecution disclosure.

http://www.supremecourt.wa.gov.au/M/magistrates_court_stirling_gardens.aspx?uid=4946-0149-8167-1518

Last edited:
That's interesting, I didn't even pick it up. Was saying only a few days ago, with limited knowledge of the evidence against, I could see a scenario where he may try to do a deal, plead to the two lesser charges KK and Huntingdale in exchange for dropping the murder charges.

Fat ****** chance of that. The longer waiting the plea, the less chance of a deal.

Remember the cases are 'forensically' linked. If you did one, you have done the others. Im going to speculate Kimono clothes line used in at least two the crimes.

Now that there is a no body, no parole law in WA, once conviction has happened, then out come more charges, then oops, throw away the key.

Baby steps...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please continue with the discussion without posting useless memes.

any continuance may result in the offending poster's response privileges adjusted accordingly.

I posted here last night but I don't know where my post(s) have disappeared to.

The court and DPP have set aside the second half of 2019 for the trial of Bradley Edwards.

Hi,

A lot of us saw your post and engaged actually.

This from the bigfooty powers which explains the disappearing posts:

"During a database change over, it appears we lost about 11 hours of posts - between about 6PM yesterday and 5:30 AM this morning. This is being worked on. The option we may try to take is to lose the posts from this morning - meaning many fewer posts are lost - and revert to 5:30AM.

Please post any questions in this thread."

This thread is for posting updates to court dates only, not case discussion.

Do you copy that red leader?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back