Cover songs that are better than the original

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Richard Walters takes the old Morecambe and Wise theme tune to a whole new level. As featured in the TV series Tin Star.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
I watched Baby Driver recently and heard this song. I had heard a few versions over the years, but always assumed it was a Spencer Davis Group original as that was the version that I knew. I still prefer the SDG version. Steve Winwood was incredible, but now love the original. The Jam did a pretty terrible version back in the day. The Small Faces did a great one.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

Carole King's version is dam great though.

Yep, love both versions of that song.

James Taylor has such a magnificent voice and a great appreciation for any song that he sings. His version of anything always seems to at least equal the original.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
James Taylor is a huge George Jones song. I saw an interview when he said he wrote this because he wanted to do a George Jones style song.

When George Jones heard it, he loved it and it became a staple of Jones' gigs right until he died.

JT was totally stoked and even got to sing it with Jones.

Go the Biff

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Unless I've missed it, I'm surprised my fellow fossils have yet to mention Zoot's "Eleanor Rigby"

Would also like to concur with those who think Disturbed's "Sound of Silence" is shite

Back