Cover songs that are better than the original

I'm a little torn with this one because I really love the original, but the cover is a brilliant tribute to a father who sadly passed.

The Call - Let The Day Begin

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

The original was written by Michael Been for The Call's 1989 Let The Day Begin. In August 2010 he passed away of a heart attack while backstage at his son's band's concert. Robert Levon Been and his band the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club released their cover as a tribute.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Original:

Current;

Probably the only time a current country musician trumps an oldie.

Coe's son, Tyler Mahan Coe has made a brilliant podcast series call Cocaine and Rhinestones about country music history. Worth a listen.

Chris Stapleton is sensational. ( He just appeared in Game of Thrones as a white walker a couple of episodes ago.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Very Biased cause I'm a huge Jennings fan but his version of this is my favourite. You can really the pain/sadness in his voice.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes. Mostly listen to my own collection. Hardly ever exposed to radio, perhaps sometimes in public without paying much attention like in a supermarket. And on the internet I mostly only check out bands I read about somewhere (like now this song). And it's mostly special interest stuff...

Back