Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

And a half-cover as nobody seems to really know who wrote the final version. Love Patti.

Springsteen wrote it, and gave it to Patti Smith. She changed two lines in the second verse, regarding the line about love is a ring on the telephone.

Never really grabbed me as a singer.
Still her description of her contribution to the song is interesting.

Probably not the thread for this but people like Patti are more than just singers.
There is something else going on with them.
Really enjoyed her low-key recounting of this too.
Thanks Cliff.

Nightwish doing Over the Hill and Far Away by the late, great Gary Moore

Steve and ths Seagulls, makes me think the Pogues could have done a great job on this song.

but I don't think they can top the Man himself :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nightwish doing Over the Hill and Far Away by the late, great Gary Moore

Steve and ths Seagulls, makes me think the Pogues could have done a great job on this song.

but I don't think they can top the Man himself :thumbsu:

Still Got The Blues albumn-one of the very few in my collection that I can listen to from start to finish

3 Covers of the Bill Withers song "Grandma's Hands". For some reason, even though I've never knowingly heard an Al Jarreau song, I had heard of him and had him marked down as someone who made the kind of music I hated. Somewhere I must have picked up the information that his music was horrible but he did an album of Bill Withers covers in the late 1970's that I've recently discovered is very good - especially the version of "The Same Love That Made Me Laugh".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back