Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

That's good, how about Steve Winwood's daughter Lilly, covering her Dad's song with a similar poignant version, with Dad on Piano and also duetting during the main chorus:

And if it's a pop version you're looking for - then this remix of Whitney Houston's cover is second only to Winwood's original:

Last edited:
Absolutely sublime live cover of Free Fallin' from John Mayer here:

Tom Petty and Jeff Lynn composed this iconic ballad, predominately about the narcissistic aspects of relationships.

Last edited:

While I can understand the younger generation's appeal for such a cover, for me a rap version is borderline disrespectful, for one thing it destroys the emotion and soul of this iconic composition.
Gee, John Schumann must be hard up for a dollar if he's sold the rights for this to be recorded..?

Well, I am far from being part of the ‘younger generation’ (51 years old and counting) and I do understand your opinion, I was a bit challenged myself when it first came out.
But Schumann endorsed it, they went to him first, and it also conveyed the feeling of the song to a whole new generation.
Have another listen…..

Hard to believe this is just 2 instruments and 2 voices and the key switches are why most don't even attempt to cover this song.

No studio mixing, very little production, just raw talent - it has my 'Seal' of approval, great job..!

Last edited:
Hard to believe this is just 2 instruments and 2 voices and the key switches are why most don't even attempt to cover this song.

No studio mixing, very little production, just raw talent - it has my 'Seal' of approval, great job..!

Been onto these guys for the past couple of years, think I've posted them in here a bit too. They have some really outstanding stuff

This is hot, dude has a crack band too:

I was about to post this, but thought I'd check if someone had beaten me.

May not be a fan of One Direction, but some of the solo stuff the members are coming out with is great, and this cover is amazing. Really brought a new appreciation to a song I initially thought was only known for having a famous music video. It's a great track.

I was about to post this, but thought I'd check if someone had beaten me.

May not be a fan of One Direction, but some of the solo stuff the members are coming out with is great, and this cover is amazing. Really brought a new appreciation to a song I initially thought was only known for having a famous music video. It's a great track.
Harry's voice is brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As most may be aware, Boyce Avenue has been performing/recording studio acoustic covers for years. Aside from his excellent vocal range and regular creative duets and harmonies with other singers, most of his covers are performed in same or similar key to the original compositions.

There are occasional exceptions including the enclosed track, where he has completely stripped it back to lyrics only, with just a hint of the original melody in the chorus - but it's almost a different song from the Kings of Leon original.

Last edited:
Something a little different. You know you've created a ballad and melody masterpiece when your songs can be covered in a different language and still sound great. A couple of decent vocalists also helps:

Last edited:
Taking a folk song and making it rock. Love a bit Thin Lizzy

Then there's taking a 60 year old (at the time) jazz standard and turning it into rock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back