deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

That's good, how about Steve Winwood's daughter Lilly, covering her Dad's song with a similar poignant version, with Dad on Piano and also duetting during the main chorus:

And if it's a pop version you're looking for - then this remix of Whitney Houston's cover is second only to Winwood's original:

Last edited:

deanc

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Absolutely sublime live cover of Free Fallin' from John Mayer here:

Tom Petty and Jeff Lynn composed this iconic ballad, predominately about the narcissistic aspects of relationships.

Last edited:

No eye deer

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2012
The Top End
AFL Club
Fremantle
While I can understand the younger generation's appeal for such a cover, for me a rap version is borderline disrespectful, for one thing it destroys the emotion and soul of this iconic composition.
Gee, John Schumann must be hard up for a dollar if he's sold the rights for this to be recorded..?
Well, I am far from being part of the ‘younger generation’ (51 years old and counting) and I do understand your opinion, I was a bit challenged myself when it first came out.
But Schumann endorsed it, they went to him first, and it also conveyed the feeling of the song to a whole new generation.
Have another listen…..

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad