Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Poor choice.
Bog average song.
I think you just killed your own thread.

A bit harsh, as it seems a decent enough performance, but really hard to tell given the 'handycam' level recording of it, with the audience singing along and drowning out his vocals for one thing.

Accordingly, I'd be surprised if the artist would be happy with this being posted online..?

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
A bit harsh, as it seems a decent enough performance, but really hard to tell given the 'handycam' level recording of it, with the audience singing along and drowning out his vocals for one thing.

Accordingly, I'd be surprised if the artist would be happy with this being posted online..?
Doubt it,but at the time the artist's happiness is irrelevant unless they ban mobiles at their gigs.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Never was a fan of My Doona's pop career. Then she had a break, a child and looked to expand into other areas which included such projects as the movie Evita.

Evita was by far Madonna’s best vocal work, which she acknowledges was thanks to months of vocal training she undertook to prepare for this. Madonna developed an upper register that she didn't know she had.
Never before or really thereafter did we see her perform like this - her rendition/cover of 'Don't Cry for me Argentina' is sublime.

Last edited:

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Now for something a little different - a stunning adaptation of the iconic timeless classic - having a bad day, watch this..!

Beggars belief to think how much planning, choreography and rehearsal would go into producing such an inspirational performance..?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Now for something a little different - a stunning adaptation of the iconic timeless classic - having a bad day, watch this..!

Beggars belief to think how much planning and rehearsal would go into producing such an inspirational performance..?

I prefer this one.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
A great cover is one that respects the original, but makes it their own at the same time.
Hard to go past this one…..

While I can understand the younger generation's appeal for such a cover, for me a rap version is borderline disrespectful, for one thing it destroys the emotion and soul of this iconic composition.
Gee, John Schumann must be hard up for a dollar if he's sold the rights for this to be recorded..?

Last edited:

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
This band just kills with their covers. Leonid & Friends - Believe it or not they are a Russian Cover Band. Wonderful sound quality.

Chicago.

Earth Wind and Fire

Rolling Stones

Steely Dan

Deep Purple

Brecker Brothers

And they also do originals.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Might be something for the unpopular opinion thread, but any band that has someone who pulls stupid faces as they play their instruments is an instant dismissal for me. That might have been the greatest cover version in history, but that guy's facials just make me think its rubbish.
Sometimes you can't help it.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Might be something for the unpopular opinion thread, but any band that has someone who pulls stupid faces as they play their instruments is an instant dismissal for me. That might have been the greatest cover version in history, but that guy's facials just make me think its rubbish.

Yep, crazy Leo is not everyone's cup of tea, you do have to buy into his creativity and antics! Credit where due though, he can play just about any instrument in the room rather well...

Back