Covid-19 Albums to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are doing the right thing, isolating home alone, then Herb can help you

Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass The Lonely Bull Video 1962

Love! Reminds me of Portarlington carnival when I was little. The guy who ran the spinning wheel stand with raffle prizes played the whole album over and over again. I've got the album now. Gets a run if I'm feeling nostalgic in summer.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Thread needs more tracks for pissheads, stoners and other drug abusers, tooting, smoking, drinking or shooting up at home alone like me

The Velvet Underground - The Gift (you may need to be boost the right channel to hear the lyrics)

Pink Floyd - See Emily Play

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

The Doors - The End

Inner City Unit, Bones of Elvis

XL Capris - My City of Sydney

The Stranglers - No More Heroes

DEVO - *********

Love!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Thanks. Got that off my chest. Too much awesome music but could not get into Peggy Lee. I prefer this

Not an album but a book, in case anyone's interested (sorry if this is off track). I've just finished reading Factfulness by Rosling et al.

A really interesting read about the state of progress of the world, which is perhaps particularly pertinent right now, and why on the whole we're going a lot better than you probably think. I highly recommend it if you're into this sort of thing.

Last edited:
Mostly main-stream, but easy to listen to...

1586338193601.png

Some of it is just run-of-the-mill and not worth the effort, but "Lady Bird" and "Summer Wine" are classic 60s kitsch pop,
and definitely worth a listen.

The best INXS album, IMO:

1586338362512.png

I'm a huge Oils fan, have seen them on every tour and even in their early days, lost count of the number of times, but still come back to this one:

1586338473001.png

AC/DC ceased to exist as far as I'm concerned when Bon Scott chekced out, but this is one of the first albums I ever owned:

1586338666206.png

Another early album purchase of mine:

1586338743191.png

No Fossie , never saw them live.
i was like you , have become a huge fan later in life.
i think we have missed the boat to see either Gilmore or Waters back here in Australia.

Got right into them when I started tinkering with a guitar ,
I play a shocking version of both Comfortably Numb & Wish You Were Here.
( no one else would recognise them )

Did go to the Sun theatre to see the Roger Waters movie / concert. Us & Them.👍

My neighbours around me all now know every Pink Floyd song.
they all think I am a hippy from the distant past 😜

I saw Roger Waters early 2018, never a huge Floyd fan, but the music was always around. They had cheap tickets, so I thought why not. Bought my ticket 2 1/2 hours before the show for $90. It ended up giving me row A, amazing show that completely blew me away. I even got a fist bump from the old grump, I mean great man, :D at the end of the show.

The other time I encountered him was at an Eric Clapton show in 2007, we had terrible seats, then the usher moved us up behind the mixing desk. Roger Waters was sitting in the row in front of us. I'd be surprised if he lasted 15 minutes before leaving looking completely unimpressed. Clapton was cruising leaving all the heavy lifting to Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall.

Most albums already mentioned are classics so I'll suggest some decent albums from 2020
  • The Districts - You Know I'm Not Going Anywhere
  • Peach Pit - You and Your Friends
  • Bombay Bicycle Club - Everything Else Has Gone Wrong
  • Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline
Pretty excited for the new The Strokes album on Friday

I saw Roger Waters early 2018, never a huge Floyd fan, but the music was always around. They had cheap tickets, so I thought why not. Bought my ticket 2 1/2 hours before the show for $90. It ended up giving me row A, amazing show that completely blew me away. I even got a fist bump from the old grump, I mean great man, :D at the end of the show.

The other time I encountered him was at an Eric Clapton show in 2007, we had terrible seats, then the usher moved us up behind the mixing desk. Roger Waters was sitting in the row in front of us. I'd be surprised if he lasted 15 minutes before leaving looking completely unimpressed. Clapton was cruising leaving all the heavy lifting to Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall.
I went to both of those too! Roger was great - awesome that you got front row seat for $90 :oops:
I didn't love Eric's much either. Good to see him but just confirmed that I have found his post Cream work underwhelming. Wife ranted about how crap he was and that his lead guitarist was way better too :p
Got a nice surprise when I took her to see Springsteen and discovered Tom Morello was his guitarist :oops::oops:

I went to both of those too! Roger was great - awesome that you got front row seat for $90 :oops:
I didn't love Eric's much either. Good to see him but just confirmed that I have found his post Cream work underwhelming. Wife ranted about how crap he was and that his lead guitarist was way better too :p
Got a nice surprise when I took her to see Springsteen and discovered Tom Morello was his guitarist :oops::oops:

Having said that I still got shivers up the spine when Layla started.

I saw that Springsteen tour too.

I haven't
Having said that I still got shivers up the spine when Layla started.

I saw that Springsteen tour too.
listened to Eric's post Cream stuff thoroughly but this is the highlight for me - awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we start to include who we've seen live (as per the Roger Waters discussion) - most impressive ones first:

Nirvana (with Kurt)
Saints (early lineup)
Paul McCartney (sis saw Beatles at festival hall & I wish I'd gone to see Ringo with Colin Hay in the band)

Heaps more, but these are some claims to fame...

I'll make it tougher. What if it was a H&A and Johnny Hoiles was playing?
Would that swing it?

I'd be tempted by a h&a game featuring an 82yo CHB from our 61 GF side - couldn't be any worse than watching round 1! :)
Although at 188cm, John is probably a tad short, so combining both, Peter Garret could come off the bench as Hoiles' sub - he has an extra 5cm and 22 years on John!

That's a bit unfair really. Nothing like holding a 50 year grudge :p

He has done some fine stuff since then. I've been listening to him for the last few hours and haven't felt like fast forwarding as yet :)

Can we start to include who we've seen live (as per the Roger Waters discussion) - most impressive ones first:

Nirvana (with Kurt)
Saints (early lineup)
Paul McCartney (sis saw Beatles at festival hall & I wish I'd gone to see Ringo with Colin Hay in the band)

What about a bit of Joe Strummer and The Clash Norm ?

Nirvana (with Kurt)
Saints (early lineup)

Oils 82 to today, probably 40 times (multiple times for some tours!), including Portarlington, Lakeside Oval and Lyric in Geelong.
Hunters & Collectors - probably at least 20 times (met a couple of them once at PBS-FM offices in the 80s!)
Cold Chisel 1980 onwards (first one at 3XY U18s concert at Festival Hall)
Springsteen at Melb Showgrounds in 85.
John Mellencamp 88
Alice Cooper several times
Kiss (1980 at Waverley through to the last 'reunion' tour)
Rolling Stones 1995 MCG
Rod Stewart
Pavarotti(!)
Billy Joel / Elton John (not by choice)
The Police at the 'G
Sting (several times), plus Sting and Paul Simon at a winery
U2 4 or 5 times from 90s to recent years
TayTay!
One Direction (had to take my daughter as missus NOT interested!)
Cher (in spite of my rock/pop/alternate tastes, a big Cher fan!)
Queen (with Adam Lambert sadly, not Fahrouk Bulsara)
Farnsy

(These are mostly stadium ones btw, if I included pub/small venue gigs, I don't think I can remember them all... Jon English, Matt Finish, Moving Pictures, Icehouse, Neil Murray, Goanna, Weddings, Blue Ruin, Do Re Mi, Divinyls, Models, Warumpi Band, plus lots more.)

First group I ever saw live was The Groove in a tent at the Royal Melbourne Show about 1969

First proper concert was at Festival Hall 1971 - Deep Purple, Free, Mannfred Mann and Pirana

I'd be tempted by a h&a game featuring an 82yo CHB from our 61 GF side - couldn't be any worse than watching round 1! :)
Although at 188cm, John is probably a tad short, so combining both, Peter Garret could come off the bench as Hoiles' sub - he has an extra 5cm and 22 years on John!
That's a bit ageist, coming from a fella who sneaked into the 1924 Championship of Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back