Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
我今天刚接种了第二次疫苗, the nurse said there might be side effects from the second Pfizer vaccine I got today but I haven’t noticed any yet.
I know this is a bit of a running gag, but it’s probably worth pointing out that you’re not actually using any equipment from Chinese or Asian companies in the 5G network.

Huawei got banned so it’s all Ericsson (Sweden / Telstra & Optus) and Nokia (Finland / Voda) gear…

Maybe at best your side effect would be a bit of a Scandinavian accent…

Up in the sticks this weekend for my niece's engagement party. Great to have the party back. Saw peeps I haven't seen for yonks.
Sounds excellent BG

Sorry to read this. What’s up? Xxx
I'm sure your buddies have reached out pm wise Eskie, but if you feel you'd like to chat with others going through stuff, you are always welcome in the private mental health group. Just pm ODN to get added. :blueheart:
These are tough times!

I hope Cook gets well soon, but also hope the players haven't caught it. Cook was on the boundary during the first day back at training and if I'm not mistaken, was standing next to Doc at one point.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
I hope Cook gets well soon, but also hope the players haven't caught it. Cook was on the boundary during the first day back at training and if I'm not mistaken, was standing next to Doc at one point.
Doc def doesn’t need that in his immune system now as well, fingers crossed the fresh air kept it away from him. There was also a photo of BC having a laugh with Fogarty in close proximity.

Lets hope most of his chats were outside but it doesn’t bode well for admin staff one would think.

Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Doc def doesn’t need that in his immune system now as well, fingers crossed the fresh air kept it away from him. There was also a photo of BC having a laugh with Fogarty in close proximity.

Lets hope most of his chats were outside but it doesn’t bode well for admin staff one would think.
Just have to see how it plays out.

On a personal level, I got a phone call from my elderly parents in Vic. My father came into contact with someone who had COVID, but who had been vaxxed. Obviously didn't know at the time. That person has since had milder symptoms.

Both my parents are fully vaxxed, and my dad really cannot afford to get anything that will affect his respiratory system as his lungs are stuffed due to his work environment. My dad spent an evening with his mate, taking him in his car to a function, sitting together, then taking him home. Obviously, my parents were subsequently tested, but no COVID.

Regarding the situation at CFC, if people were doing the right thing (including proper ventilation indoors), things might happen, but risks should be lower. Thinking of everyone, and praying for the best.

Thats not what I said - the virus is potent in its transmition but symptoms are very weak.
Wouldn't, you know, 4-17 million dead be an indication that the symptoms are not weak?

Its the transmition thats killing people not the symptoms.

Losing taste and smell for 2-3 days is weak.
Sorry mate but the transmission is just catching the virus. Developing the disease and the complications that result are what kills people.

Most common symptoms:
  • fever
  • cough
  • tiredness
  • loss of taste or smell

Less common symptoms:
  • sore throat
  • headache
  • aches and pains
  • diarrhoea
  • a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
  • red or irritated eyes