COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Well that clears that up then - ADF definitely were never offered to Vic.

Diary notes made by Police Chief Commissioner Shane Patton seem to directly contradict comments to Parliament by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews that the Australian Defence Force was not offered as part of the state's hotel quarantine system.

One note in Mr Patton's diary in the crucial days leading up to the quarantine program starting on March 29 says: "ADF available re hotels static guarding of those sites".

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
It doesn't really matter how many breaches there were - if all the current cases in Australia trace back to the Victorian Hotels, then I'd say there were too many breaches.

That's fine if you take the simpleton approach. It would be nice to know how the quarantine jump happened. For all you know, everyone did the right thing and it may well have been inevitable. Hotels were not designed for this usage. Over twenty hotels used and over three thousand guards were deployed. Two hotels had jumps. Yet you have no interest in how it happened. I'd be careful in labeling others dense.

The calls for ADF are equally baseless.

The inquiry has been going a while now. Dan and Sutton both publicly blamed guards acting inappropriately for the breach. Why have they not produced evidence to support their claims?

That's fine if you take the simpleton approach. It would be nice to know how the quarantine jump happened. For all you know, everyone did the right thing and it may well have been inevitable. Hotels were not designed for this usage. Over twenty hotels used and over three thousand guards were deployed. Two hotels had jumps. Yet you have no interest in how it happened. I'd be careful in labeling others dense.

The calls for ADF are equally baseless.

The inquiry has been going a while now. Dan and Sutton both publicly blamed guards acting inappropriately for the breach. Why have they not produced evidence to support their claims?
I'm happy with the simpleton approach here.

It doesn't really matter how many breaches there were - if all the current cases in Australia trace back to the Victorian Hotels, then I'd say there were too many breaches.

I'm happy with the simpleton approach here.

It absolutely matters how many breaches.
If nationally we had 50 breaches and Vic had say 40 of them then you could point to that.

If Vic had say 10 of them and NSW had 30 then the luck factor is coming back into it.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I look at it this way Dan has a really catchy signature at the moment.

It's not about Human rights it about Human Lives. (And if that was true I'd agree with him.)

But the reality of Corona in Victoria has been a more uncatchier (probably not a word) truth.

Every time Dan LIES another Victorian DIES.

And to me that is the issue.

This Corona Virus is not about politics its about ppl. Do we care about ppl or not or do we only care about ppl if it suits our political agenda.

I've heard Dan has turned up 70 days or so in a row, complaining about ppl movement causing this, but has refused to even once since the hotels to do a zoom meeting. To well stop movement. He prefers ppl movement so his head is on TV. But every time he turns up he says ppl movement is the problem. You can't have it both ways Dan.

It's poor much like his VCE decision.

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn
European Countries seem to be adopting the live with it approach now, several countries getting 10k or so cases a day but they aren't resorting to secondary lockdowns.
Interesting to see how many pack the Champ-Elysees on Sunday for the final stage of the tour de France.
Was packed on a mountain stage last night, no fear, still living their lives.

It absolutely matters how many breaches.
If nationally we had 50 breaches and Vic had say 40 of them then you could point to that.

If Vic had say 10 of them and NSW had 30 then the luck factor is coming back into it.

As you said before, you only need one breach.

But if you are going to look at the breaches you need to look at why they happened, were the right systems in place or not - was the breach bad luck / bad management or a combination. And then from there was a breach able to be contained or not - why was it not contained?

A major problem with the original Rydges outbreak was that they sent 6 security guards home to quarantine and it spread from there.

NZ had a worse hotel system than Victorias, stories of people allowed out on compassionate leave, people not having tests while in quarantine etc - but good luck to them - it didn't leak.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Wow, just wow, that anyone can think it's OK to fit this man with a tracking device.
Well they don't want to put them in jail and apparently they can't be trusted to follow the rules so house arrest it is.

He broke quarantine 4 times what's your answer?

that there should be no lockdowns, closed borders or restrictions because it’s no worse than a standard flu season and the people who died were going to die anyway

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Wow, just wow, that anyone can think it's OK to fit this man with a tracking device.
Are there crimes that you would accept this for? Are there crimes that you would think this inappropriately light?

If so, you don't have an issue with what was done, just the issue it's being applied to.

Which seems to be a theme I find. Lock them up, lock them up, throw away the key. Oh wait, I didn't mean him.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
that there should be no lockdowns, closed borders or restrictions because it’s no worse than a standard flu season and the people who died were going to die anyway
It's significantly worse than a standard flu season, and people still using this argument should be disregarded as being wilful trolls or ignorant.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

He broke quarantine 4 times what's your answer?
Bumps is waiting for the latest Q drop to tell her what to think.

I think this might be the only Virus statistic that Victoria doesn't lead the way in.
Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.07.38 am.png

Back