COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with the simpleton approach here....

Dan is relying heavily on it.

The Inquiry has been running for a tick over a month. The complete lack of management and accountability by the Public Service pretty much shows up daily.

Sutton blamed guards and cigarettes, considering he was excluded from the quarantine surely he should reveal these other sources - would be incredibly valuable going forward. Even the most simple would have more than a passing interest on how the virus jumped. Or maybe they dont.

Weird thing today.

633 new active cases in Aged Care and hospitals in the past 14 days. Aged Care Victoria accidentally gave out the numbers see Covidlive.com.au I think it is.

Total number of new cases in Victoria over 14 days is 555. Something is not adding up.

Government is lieing to you. And always has Cedar Meats is still spreading they just closed it because it was politically sensitive.

BTW 14 cases today but 6 duplicated so 8 how can a contact tracing team of 2600 Daniels words not pick up a duplicate name when you have 14 cases... dumbfounding.

Every time Daniel lies another now 600 Victorians will die. It's not about human rights Daniels anymore it's about how many you allowed to die. While covering up yours and Jennys f'ups.

Turning up to a press conference doesn't solve that it just spreads the disease by have to much movement once again your words.

Weird thing today.

633 new active cases in Aged Care and hospitals in the past 14 days. Aged Care Victoria accidentally gave out the numbers see Covidlive.com.au I think it is.

Total number of new cases in Victoria over 14 days is 555. Something is not adding up.

Government is lieing to you. And always has Cedar Meats is still spreading they just closed it because it was politically sensitive.

BTW 14 cases today but 6 duplicated so 8 how can a contact tracing team of 2600 Daniels words not pick up a duplicate name when you have 14 cases... dumbfounding.

Every time Daniel lies another now 600 Victorians will die. It's not about human rights Daniels anymore it's about how many you allowed to die. While covering up yours and Jennys f'ups.

Turning up to a press conference doesn't solve that it just spreads the disease by have to much movement once again your words.

It's clear as day Andrews is a lying prick, in March he thanked Scomo for the ADF offer and in recent times he has denied it was offered lol.

What is the obsession with the ADF? They are not skilled in infection control. They cannot arrest citizens. Without delving into the law I suggest they have less power than the average punter. In terms of coming to work sick, do you really believe that soldiers are encouraged to take a sickie if they feel a bit off?

What is the obsession with the ADF? They are not skilled in infection control. They cannot arrest citizens. Without delving into the law I suggest they have less power than the average punter. In terms of coming to work sick, do you really believe that soldiers are encouraged to take a sickie if they feel a bit off?

If the ADF would have been no better or worse then Dan would have said sure they were on offer but they'd have been no better or worse than security guards so we chose to pay for private guards rather than accept the free offer of ADF troops.

None if this silliness with it's not like they were on offer and someone said no.

If the ADF would have been no better or worse then Dan would have said sure they were on offer but they'd have been no better or worse than security guards so we chose to pay for private guards rather than accept the free offer of ADF troops.

None if this silliness with it's not like they were on offer and someone said no.
People getting hung up on the ADF think it means they would have come in and run the whole thing

Something they aren't doing anywhere

It's a nice little dream that makes it easy to point the finger at Dan and say that one choice cost us 3 months of our lives.

I'm happy to point my finger at his government without the ADF because the hotel quarantine isn't the issue

Them losing control of the numbers, pretending they hadn't and not doing anything in June is the problem.

People getting hung up on the ADF think it means they would have come in and run the whole thing

Something they aren't doing anywhere

It's a nice little dream that makes it easy to point the finger at Dan and say that one choice cost us 3 months of our lives.

I'm happy to point my finger at his government without the ADF because the hotel quarantine isn't the issue

Them losing control of the numbers, pretending they hadn't and not doing anything in June is the problem.
there's so many issues and issues with what they've done and haven't done - so many errors that have absolutely nothing to do with the hotels themselves

ADF may have made the difference or maybe it wouldn't - but Dan seems to think it would have

Maybe all that was needed was someone to say lets not send the 6 security guards home to quarantine.

But Dan clearly has nothing better to do than play games with whether or not the ADF were on offer or not.

Did they learn from Cedar meats to prepare the meatworks industry?
Were hospitals prepared?
Contact tracing prepared?
Data systems and communication?
Did the Victorian government really limit the amount of PPE that aged care homes have?
Why were so few people tested in hotels?
Why haven't they ever informed the public of useful information on outbreaks / hotspots?
Why did they keep warning people who were breaching rules?
Why did they say there's no point increasing fines as it doesn't make a difference, then much later on increase fines?
Why did it take them so long to bring in restrictions in June/July? Was there any delays between being advised by DHHS/Sutton/whoever to bring in restrictions and the Premiers office acting on this advice?

there's so many issues and issues with what they've done and haven't done - so many errors that have absolutely nothing to do with the hotels themselves

ADF may have made the difference or maybe it wouldn't - but Dan seems to think it would have

Maybe all that was needed was someone to say lets not send the 6 security guards home to quarantine.

But Dan clearly has nothing better to do than play games with whether or not the ADF were on offer or not.

Did they learn from Cedar meats to prepare the meatworks industry?
Were hospitals prepared?
Contact tracing prepared?
Data systems and communication?
Did the Victorian government really limit the amount of PPE that aged care homes have?
Why were so few people tested in hotels?
Why haven't they ever informed the public of useful information on outbreaks / hotspots?
Why did they keep warning people who were breaching rules?
Why did they say there's no point increasing fines as it doesn't make a difference, then much later on increase fines?
Why did it take them so long to bring in restrictions in June/July? Was there any delays between being advised by DHHS/Sutton/whoever to bring in restrictions and the Premiers office acting on this advice?
Do you think Andrews is the one that has been making the ADF the talking point?

He's just getting smashed on it because people have bought the rhetoric that the ADF was a sliver bullet fix

He's treating it no differently than any other question of his governments actions.

I don't give a s**t about the ADF I want to know what's been changed for when we have to do hotel quarantine in the future

I want to know what's been done to improve track and trace and I want to know when we are going to move past the current situation but given he doesn't have any interest in admitting fault or answering any questions at all I'm assuming I won't get to find out any of it

Do you think Andrews is the one that has been making the ADF the talking point?
I think he made it a major talking point on August 11 and hasn't cleared things up - so it remains a major talking point.
Were they offered or not?
Did someone say no or not?
Did everyone just not answer yes or no?
Did the Vic Gov believe they wouldn't have helped?

He's just getting smashed on it because people have bought the rhetoric that the ADF was a sliver bullet fix
It's definitely not a silver bullet. It may have solved the problem but we don't know.

A massive hole in the program was having a "hot hotel" yet not ensuring that the "hot hotel" had better systems/procedures/staffing in place.

He's treating it no differently than any other question of his governments actions.

I don't give a sh*t about the ADF I want to know what's been changed for when we have to do hotel quarantine in the future

I want to know what's been done to improve track and trace and I want to know when we are going to move past the current situation but given he doesn't have any interest in admitting fault or answering any questions at all I'm assuming I won't get to find out any of it
Well he's not going to answer those questions.

No one admits fault on anything, no one remembers anything.

How does it look for the Vic Gov if we do hotel quarantine again and suddenly we are using Vic police or Fed police or ADF or more health professionals onsite? Is that an admission of failure?

It appears there's improvements in the track & trace and the communication - but nothing so far that's as good as what we are seeing in NSW & QLD.

Skilbeck and Van Dieman aren't in positions that they were in but apparently that's coincidence - nothing to do with a failure of the program.

I don't remember Dan at any point this year saying we learned from this and now xyz or we learned from NZ/NSW/QLD/SA/UK whoever and we are now doing that too.

Jeff giving an almighty spray to the homicidal incompetence of this government

But apparently in this government it's ok for everyone to take the Sgt Shultz defence..

Jeff giving an almighty spray to the homicidal incompetence of this government

But apparently in this government it's ok for everyone to take the Sgt Shultz defence..
Good reference, I thought they had taken a course on the Stephan Dank play book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in both camps.

What they're doing NOW is spot on. First priority.

But the * up on security/isolation hotels NEEDS heads to roll as soon as we get close to normal.

The Essendon excuse CAN'T be accepted. An individual or group was negligent, in formulating, communicating or following a plan.

In the Herald Sun - paywalled but here's the link anyway.

According to a series of letters released through Freedom of Information laws and obtained by Sky News Australia, Mr Morrison directly contacted Mr Andrews and urged him to accept Defence Force help.

“I recognise the new measures and support the significant efforts underway. The Commonwealth stands ready to provide any support needed on top of the existing measures in place, including Australian Defence Force support to support planning and logistics, and Commonwealth staff to support clinical efforts, community engagement and contact tracing. -( and postcode lockdown)

Interesting that Feds offered 1000 ADF troops, 3 times in early July (virus already escaped hotels by then) and Vic Gov still said no. Offer seems pretty open ended - use them however you want.

In the Herald Sun - paywalled but here's the link anyway.

According to a series of letters released through Freedom of Information laws and obtained by Sky News Australia, Mr Morrison directly contacted Mr Andrews and urged him to accept Defence Force help.

“I recognise the new measures and support the significant efforts underway. The Commonwealth stands ready to provide any support needed on top of the existing measures in place, including Australian Defence Force support to support planning and logistics, and Commonwealth staff to support clinical efforts, community engagement and contact tracing. -( and postcode lockdown)

Interesting that Feds offered 1000 ADF troops, 3 times in early July (virus already escaped hotels by then) and Vic Gov still said no. Offer seems pretty open ended - use them however you want.
Am I right to suggest the timing of the offers and the quarantine fiasco do not correlate?

The ADF offers all came after the fact?

I think focusing on the ADF offer is the wrong thing.

The issue seems to be that we didn't have proper medical oversight of the Quarantine Program and those in charge weren't actually paying attention.

ADF or Cops on site at the hotels wouldn't have stopped those particular issues from occurring

The other problem is we've seen quarantine breaches happen everywhere, they are going to happen. We've got outbreaks in hospital and aged care and other settings not just quarantine hotels

Am I right to suggest the timing of the offers and the quarantine fiasco do not correlate?

The ADF offers all came after the fact?
These particular offers of 1000 ADF personnel from the PM to the Premier are clearly well after both the Rydges and Stamford Plaza outbreaks.

The ADF/Feds have given dates in March/April where offers of troops were made to assist with Hotel Quarantine.

There have also been some ADF troops assisting with contact tracing in the first half of the year.

I think focusing on the ADF offer is the wrong thing.

The issue seems to be that we didn't have proper medical oversight of the Quarantine Program and those in charge weren't actually paying attention.

ADF or Cops on site at the hotels wouldn't have stopped those particular issues from occurring

The other problem is we've seen quarantine breaches happen everywhere, they are going to happen. We've got outbreaks in hospital and aged care and other settings not just quarantine hotels
It's multiple things.

Was the Hotel Quarantine system a problem?
Were there any contact tracing etc issues after the Rydges/Stamford outbreaks?
Were high risk locations prepared ie. Aged Care, Meatowrks, Prisons, Hospitals?
Had they properly planned / modelled for a possible spread (Wave 2) before it happened?

Victoria 6 months after all the other states now started putting out lists of high risk spots very recently.

However todays one seems strange. Of the 7 high risk spots today is this one.

McDonalds (store inside the airport), Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport, between September 20 and 21.
What is going on in the Airport we don't know about? Terminal 2 boys and girls is International Pasengers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back