COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we've already gone through this.
You're upset with him for not outlining the next steps without them actually being ready to be taken, just like he did not do today, which is the very reason he's been reluctant to commit to them before time. I can understand why he won't commit to the steps ahead of time, when so many people are already prepared to do as they please.

Today I read people complaining that we are under the 5 case average, when he's said for weeks that it's not just pure numbers, but the stories behind those numbers. We can't have unknown cases in large numbers, and this Preston outbreak puts that at risk.

Anyone that was paying attention to the Preston outbreak should have been well aware that any announcement of a rollback of restrictions was going to hinge on how quickly they could define and act on the cases in that region of Melbourne.
Ok first of all what is wrong with outlining the plan in advance.
I don't mean dates times etc but the actual plan

What's wrong with giving people some clarity about what they are actually working towards and what they can expect to be allowed.

They actually said today that if we were already open they wouldn't close down for this outbreak so why isn't it safe to talk about what's coming?

Also why is it not ok to be upset about where we are at? Why does being upset automatically make points invalid?

He can be a s**t communicator and still be taking the right course of action. One issue doesn't impact the other.

How he goes about it matters, whether he's seen as trustworthy matters. Whether he and his government can communicate the plan matters.

What are the odd of getting a 3rd wave?
The only thing that can guarantee we don't is a vaccine.

If we eliminate it from Australia some how then we have to make sure it doesn't get back in. We saw with NZ that it can.

We saw with Vic that if it gets back in and you're not on top of track and trace and people aren't behaving like it's still around that it can spread quickly.

The virus will not disappear it is too similar to the flu but more devastating. Even with the Vaccine there will be no stopping it as it will just adapt and change. We are going to have to learn to live with it just like we do the flu. We just need to be able to better protect the more vunerable

The virus will not disappear it is too similar to the flu but more devastating. Even with the Vaccine there will be no stopping it as it will just adapt and change. We are going to have to learn to live with it just like we do the flu. We just need to be able to better protect the more vunerable

and the simplest solution is wearing a mask - Asian countries have been doing it for years and yet here we will hear how it is a violation of their rights

I know for a fact that ALL Qantas staff across Australia will he wearing masks within the month - no ifs or buts

and the simplest solution is wearing a mask - Asian countries have been doing it for years and yet here we will hear how it is a violation of their rights

I know for a fact that ALL Qantas staff across Australia will he wearing masks within the month - no ifs or buts
There are scenarios currently that don't make sense but yeah there are so many circumstances where the best thing to do is just wear one

what scenarios are you talking about
Walking alone when you live somewhere that means you can actually walk alone.
You still have to wear a mask anywhere in Vic doing that technically.

Some jobs you can't wear a mask and do them. Obviously while eating or drinking

Then there is the bloke out the front of Coles who is always on the phone while smoking, standing right next to the entrance so everyone has to go past him

Then there is the bloke out the front of Coles who is always on the phone while smoking, standing right next to the entrance so everyone has to go past him

reality is that there are going to have to be changes - it’s up to shopping centres to clear those areas out and police them going forward

Always going to be exceptions to the rule and just like I mentioned above, many businesses are going to have to make lots of changes and even with “sick” leave, there should be changes to the award to allow that “paid” time away should people be unwell (Including rostered casuals). This of course will not happen as the govt is that short sighted they would see it as an expense rather than a saving

Damn that bloke!

Damn him to hell!:mad::mad::mad:

I still can't get my head around that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most important thing is now that the numbers are low can they manage the virus while things open up

The three major recent clusters: Chadstone, BHH and Northern Suburbs could all have been handled much better with some major failings, which in one sense suggests that they'll struggle to handle clusters moving forward, but then on the other hand if they've really and truly learned some major lessons hear then maybe these clusters will be stamped out much quicker.

The most important thing is now that the numbers are low can they manage the virus while things open up

The three major recent clusters: Chadstone, BHH and Northern Suburbs could all have been handled much better with some major failings, which in one sense suggests that they'll struggle to handle clusters moving forward, but then on the other hand if they've really and truly learned some major lessons hear then maybe these clusters will be stamped out much quicker.
BHH and Northern suburbs are the same cluster

Personally I'm wondering why in October we still had staff who worked on the covid ward working on other wards without having to wait for the incubation period to pass and a negative test

Just seems extremely stupid

BHH and Northern suburbs are the same cluster

Personally I'm wondering why in October we still had staff who worked on the covid ward working on other wards without having to wait for the incubation period to pass and a negative test

Just seems extremely stupid
And BHH might have come from chadstone too

they haven’t confirmed whether BHH is linked or not to another cluster

And BHH might have come from chadstone too

they haven’t confirmed whether BHH is linked or not to another cluster
well someone working in the covid ward got it which sounds like they caught it at work but who knows

well someone working in the covid ward got it which sounds like they caught it at work but who knows

Whoever brought it into BHH got it from somewhere - maybe they know where it came from, maybe they don't

Looks like they knew immediately where the Northern Suburbs cluster came from, but took awhile to share that information publicly

Whoever brought it into BHH got it from somewhere - maybe they know where it came from, maybe they don't

Looks like they knew immediately where the Northern Suburbs cluster came from, but took awhile to share that information publicly
Well when the media latched onto the school I think they had to point out that it didn't start there

there had already been an article about the BHH outbreak and how the hospital was doing a s**t job of dealing with the new protocols

The thing that gets me is it seems they all watched it blow up in Vic and didn't go back and make any changes to their own setups to reduce risk

We still don't have national quarantine guidelines

We don't have testing prior to getting on a plane

We still do hospital in CBD quarantine most place

We still let people working at those hotels have second jobs or move between hotels

SA has changes some of that now

WA has not

I like the way NT does it the best currently

So it was a security guard in SA
View attachment 1018698
Waiting for the inquiry and msm to start the witch hunt
The fact that social media are crapping on a teenage girl is more despicable. Made worse by Mike Smithson (Channel 7 reporter) for giving false information in a loaded question to Spurrier.

So it was a security guard in SA
View attachment 1018698
Waiting for the inquiry and msm to start the witch hunt

But what are you thinking an inquiry needs to discover?

We already know more about what happened in SA and how it spread from there into the community than has been publicly released about Victoria

Remember on June 13 (approx 18 days after the Rydges outbreak), DHHS got wind that The Age were about to publish a story on the outbreak and DHHS told The Age to not publish the story as it wasn't accurate...

But what are you thinking an inquiry needs to discover?

We already know more about what happened in SA and how it spread from there into the community than has been publicly released about Victoria

Remember on June 13 (approx 18 days after the Rydges outbreak), DHHS got wind that The Age were about to publish a story on the outbreak and DHHS told The Age to not publish the story as it wasn't accurate...
Why were they using security guards and not the military, after spending weeks watching Victoria get pilloried for doing exactly that?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back