COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well, as far as 'we're an island', (to which he was responding) it is a reasonable comparison. The implication being that isolated borders surrounded by water immediately brings protection.

Which only goes to show that being an island is NOT the chief factor in why Covid may or may not spread within a population.
Can you drive a car from another country to Australia?
No

Can you drive a car from another country to Britain?
Yes

Haven't touched a door handle since March. Elbows only

I’m still overly cautious with a few things. Gloves used when filling up the car, washing down stuff from the shops with disenfectant wipes. Probably a bit of overkill but the plus side is I haven’t had even a faint cold since March last year.

No

Yes

Could Britain have made the decision to have done a hard border closure like Australia did. Yes.

No

Yes
If only they could close the Chunnel like we could close airports...

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are you sure about this?

My (limited) knowledge of how vaccines work is that, in allowing your immune system to recognise the virus immediately, it stops it from being able to take hold in your body, meaning you are nowhere near the same risk of transmitting.
They are not sure yet. There is no empirical evidence the vaccine stops infectivity. It gives your body a preview so it can fight it good and proper, but they will have to have more data tracking people who have been vaccinated to see whether they are still involved in transmission chains after vaccination. FWIW, I think it is highly unlikely someone would become super contagious with a strong initial immune response. Even though kids don't get the worst of covid they can be part of transmission chains (but it is less likely) - I think something like this could be the case with vaccinated people.

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Ah yes, 66 million people on an island barely larger than Victoria. What a perfectly logical and reasonable comparison.

I didn’t claim it was a logical and reasonable comparison. I merely pointed out the fact that Britain, like Australia, is an island. Eldorado’s post eloquently describes the intent of my response.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I'm a bit is this covid or just the only political avenue thread we have ppl read. While disappointed with dan i don't run away from anything but I don't want 2 do hotel quarantine anymore cry me a river Eddie.

Scomo tho today was criminal, he believes raped women just happen until Jenny his wife explained what if it was me or our daughters. If its them its not ok. Followed suit with disowned children by removing their mum's citizenship even tho they would have been born here.

U know if that is what hillsong teaches you scomo u make radical Muslims look like the good guys. Seriously raping women you only understood was wrong cos Jenny told you, you have kids. Wow.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Ok not in the news, but after my 2 second investigating, Mattias Cormann resigned effective immediately November 6th, 3 days b4 four corners report on workplace culture in Canberra. Coincidence that the finance minister whos department cleaned the office (Brittany higgins alleged rape spot) left parliament so he didn't have 2 answer in the senate? P.S didn't have too as four corners didn't know enough. And he is on record as saying will b not leaving b4 December.

I don't like Dan, however I do not believe Dan Would do this 2 women.

If we actually had Jana wendt or Ray Martin or willesee hell where is that bloke from seven who's full of himself but bloody good compared 2 anyone else these days. The whole story and cover up would be out there already.

I guess when the biggest bikie gang in Australia (liberal, and yes it would b labor if they were in charge) together with the new most powerful bikie church (hillsong) flex their muscles even good investigative journalists stop reporting in fear.

Maybe they should appeal to Jenny to see if she can help, or explain to them once again what if it was me or our children.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Wow now liberal women are reporting labor politicians of rape. (Not saying untrue)

But we now have basically the two biggest bikie gangs in Australia arguing that the other rapes more women than they do... so raping women is ok as long as you do less than ur opponents?

Does anyone have Jenny's number so if I can work out if its ok? Or is she like Julia Roberts in sleeping like the enemy and she only gets to talk if her husband gives her permission or needs 2 use her 2 show he's a good bloke.

This is now beyond belief. We as a country have allowed these 2 parties 2 do this. But then again how do we stop them, they just change laws or say the rape story is not in the public interest so no investigation needed...

then women mysteriously kill themselves due to mental health... but during that mental health breakdown they have a magical moment of immense clarity and decide 2 ring the police and say please don't continue with my rape investigation... its all good... then they kill themselves the next day.

Mmm I think not.

I don't know where as a country we go with this anymore. As long as liberal and labor are top two they will protect each other so no one else can take power from either of them... its a very symbiotic relationship for both of them, but not for females in parliament walls or Australians as a whole.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
It’s shameful - it shouldn’t be political at all.
It’s about abuse of women in general and how people respond to it and to date, the response has been appalling
It's about abuse of women, the get rid of of old ppl as they cost us money...and it's all done by politicians who never paid tax in their life, they just return other ppl's taxes that they received. They have become sh*t ppl. And we can't vote for anyone else really because end of the day your vote gets pushed up to one of them on preferences. Well my preference would be you can go and get the proverbial. But they write laws to keep their terrorist bikie gang in power so our vote eventually goes to one of them.

We don't live in a democracy any more we live in a world where the two biggest bikie gangs control our lives, we live in a world where the rape of women has to be explained to our prime minister by his wife... imagine if it was our daughter... what happens if the rape was of a young boy? would Scomo say wahoo I don't have a son so it's ok? I mean seriously that has been his behavior. You all would know from previous posts I'm not really a labor fan, but I will say I've never really trusted Liberal except for a few.

There comes a time when we have to say no more, the only difference between Myanmar and Australia at the moment is Australia is controlling our media (and our overseas 'mates' far better than the military in Myanmar.

Moved up?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4ccd.jpg

Back