COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is how does it become fair for the vic teams if there forced to move interstate whether SA, QLD or WA and play the respective teams in those states with their own fans. Like it’s ok for pies to play blues in WA with neutral fans but then WC & Freo get all home games for like 10 weeks with fans. I don’t see how that can result in a fair comp and then there has to be an asterix surely.

So when does tassie reenter the hub discussions? Might have been a mistake to schedule hawks v north so early. Could have been handy

we could have 2 host teams each in SA WA qld tassie that’s 8 games. Play another in NT. just keep moving the other 9 teams around till the count goes down in vic/nsw. Maybe have a rolling bye to cover any quarantine required.

those estates are talking bout having open borders with each other, but the protocols developing seem to be you must have been in the state you departed from for 14 days, or you need to re quarantine

Last edited:
The thing is how does it become fair for the vic teams if there forced to move interstate whether SA, QLD or WA and play the respective teams in those states with their own fans. Like it’s ok for pies to play blues in WA with neutral fans but then WC & Freo get all home games for like 10 weeks with fans. I don’t see how that can result in a fair comp and then there has to be an asterix surely.

It's not a fair comp, but if we don't get the league out of Victoria I can't see the season getting completed. Zero full contact training sessions, give us a ******* spell.

I'm not entirely sure Tasmania was keen on being a hub. I might have made that up, but they were the first State to close borders and I think their government is pretty keen to keep people from outside Tasmania out for the time being.

I'm not entirely sure Tasmania was keen on being a hub. I might have made that up, but they were the first State to close borders and I think their government is pretty keen to keep people from outside Tasmania out for the time being.
Hosting teams is about tourist revenue for them so you could imagine they dont want empty stadiums or tourists at the moment

WA premier isn’t too keen on AFL clubs Hubbing there , also WA closed off their borders today.

WA borders have been closed for months and the premier has always been open to a hub but they MUST quarantine in hotels for 14 days on arrival the same as everyone else.

It should also be remembered there was some whinging out of Victoria from players about leaving their families and that’s why the idea got shelved

As I was told recently, looks like they are going to have to harden the * up

Also got to contemplate that the AFL night look kindly upon a GF being held in WA if the AFL want a crowd and some money in the coffers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA borders have been closed for months and the premier has always been open to a hub but they MUST quarantine in hotels for 14 days on arrival the same as everyone else.

It should also be remembered there was some whinging out of Victoria from players about leaving their families and that’s why the idea got shelved

As I was told recently, looks like they are going to have to harden the fu** up

Also got to contemplate that the AFL night look kindly upon a GF being held in WA if the AFL want a crowd and some money in the coffers
It would require a 2 week bye if the WA teams went home or if any other team went there
Which makes everywhere else a better option
I think the AFL was hoping for an easing by the time the WA teams went home

It would require a 2 week bye if the WA teams went home or if any other team went there
Which makes everywhere else a better option
I think the AFL was hoping for an easing by the time the WA teams went home
One bye.
Schedule another week in the current hubs and schedule all the teams going to WA on the Thurs/Fri/Sat then off to WA. 14 days off, then games on the following Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Time to get agile.

One bye.
Schedule another week in the current hubs and schedule all the teams going to WA on the Thurs/Fri/Sat then off to WA. 14 days off, then games on the following Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Time to get agile.
Rolling hub if they can allow Vic teams to play each other in the 2 weeks of isolation before they play the WA teams

Re Dons at the end of that article

Complicating the picture further for Essendon is the fact the Bombers were one of the few clubs that did not have a reserves practice match two weeks ago, when the AFL allowed unused players to hold a scratch match against another AFL team's reserves.

The Bombers' seconds match, planned for last Sunday, was also cancelled because of the McKenna result.
That means the players who may be needed to come into the senior team to cover expected absences through quarantine have not had any match practice.

Robbo & Gerard are like we have flexibility in the fixture so use it for this Essendon scenario

Idiots...

The flexibility is there in case there's major major issues & there'll be probably a number of these minor issues during the year too

Not wasting a couple of weeks in the fixture fixing Essendons minor problem

Rolling hub if they can allow Vic teams to play each other in the 2 weeks of isolation before they play the WA teams

Re Dons at the end of that article

Complicating the picture further for Essendon is the fact the Bombers were one of the few clubs that did not have a reserves practice match two weeks ago, when the AFL allowed unused players to hold a scratch match against another AFL team's reserves.

The Bombers' seconds match, planned for last Sunday, was also cancelled because of the McKenna result.
That means the players who may be needed to come into the senior team to cover expected absences through quarantine have not had any match practice.
Two weeks won’t work - WC and Freo can’t play each other twice. Once bye gets the Dees v Bombers games done as well.

Shambles. Not contact during the week lads but go your hardest and smash into blokes on the weekend.
It's part of the reason I just just can't get into the season .
Love the footy and love the Hawks but the whole thing just doesn't have the right feel and hasn't from resumption .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back