COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if all the Aussies that got stuck on those cruise ships ever got home.
Or are they still on them?
Those people were essentially stateless for a while.

I wonder if all the Aussies that got stuck on those cruise ships ever got home.
Or are they still on them?
Those people were essentially stateless for a while.

agreed. Months since its been an issue and goverenments aren't developing protocols to allow to move freely and safely. Just governments bignoting their luck over less lucky places and vice versa

They haven't even started to work on this.

Not all of these people decided to come home a week ago, some have been trying for months. We've still got repatriation flights running because it's not been a simple just jump on a plane home like the old days.

I know of multiple family and friends who were in Europe and the States who managed to get on flights within the first week of April, as soon as s**t hit the fan they worked with airlines to get home. If you wanted to get home you could have, flights were being specifically chartered to bring aussies back as well. The reality is, a lot of people preferred to stay where they are for whatever reason, likely dual citizens, and when they realised the country they're in is a complete and utter s**t show they decided to come back. Why else would the most return travellers have been from India and Pakistan? Dual citizens.

I know of two people who were overseas with parents that were dying and have only returned in the last month

The callousness of some people and their lack of empathy towards others is mind blowing. I hope they show a little more compassion towards their own elderly than what they have reflected in some posts here. You must make them proud

The fraud that is covid19? What fraud?

1.3% fatality rate in Australia.

Over the last 2 weeks we have had just over 500 new cases, out of those newly infected our hospitalisation numbers have increased from:

June 17: 5 in hospital, 2 icu, 1 ventilator
July 1: 9 in hospital, 1 icu , 1 ventilator

So out of those 500+ new cases, we managed to increase those in hospital by +4 and even marched 1 lucky person out of ICU. Pathetic.

I know of two people who were overseas with parents that were dying and have only returned in the last month

The callousness of some people and their lack of empathy towards others is mind blowing. I hope they show a little more compassion towards their own elderly than what they have reflected in some posts here. You must make them proud

You are being polite. Reading between the lines that person discriminates between dual citizens of a european type country form a subcontinent one.
As I said governments of the world should be developing travel protocols right now not grandstanding

The callousness of the restrictions imposed on us has seen me miss two funerals of beloved elderly relatives in the last two months. For what? I still don't know anyone who has even tested positive to this virus let alone is sick from it or dying. Something very sinister going on here, and the scaremongering from our premier here in Victoria, the health authorities and the media is frankly disgusting.

The callousness of the restrictions imposed on us has seen me miss two funerals of beloved elderly relatives in the last two months. For what? I still don't know anyone who has even tested positive to this virus let alone is sick from it or dying. Something very sinister going on here, and the scaremongering from our premier here in Victoria, the health authorities and the media is frankly disgusting.
EAE1FC72-E2B7-4B99-8298-57647DAE26A3.jpeg

FWIW my mother is end of life and until recently I haven’t been able to travel to see her and it’s now too late because she is no longer aware of her surroundings - I’ve missed the opportunity to say all the things I wanted to say, to just be with her BUT I work in a critical service and I know the impact it would of had, had I carried the “virus” into that place so while I feel sorry you couldn’t say farewell I think you and other seriously under estimate the devastation this “virus” can cause

I know of multiple family and friends who were in Europe and the States who managed to get on flights within the first week of April, as soon as sh*t hit the fan they worked with airlines to get home. If you wanted to get home you could have, flights were being specifically chartered to bring aussies back as well. The reality is, a lot of people preferred to stay where they are for whatever reason, likely dual citizens, and when they realised the country they're in is a complete and utter sh*t show they decided to come back. Why else would the most return travellers have been from India and Pakistan? Dual citizens.

United, Delta and Japan all fly daily into Australia from the USA.

Over the last 2 weeks we have had just over 500 new cases, out of those newly infected our hospitalisation numbers have increased from:

So out of those 500+ new cases, we managed to increase those in hospital by +4 and even marched 1 lucky person out of ICU. Pathetic.
Sorry, what exactly are you complaining about?

so you are complaining not enough people have died for your liking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole state of Vic should revert back to lockdown.

States are rolling back in the US over here. Matter of time before we start seeing up to 100k new cases per day. We just hit 48k today alone. This virus is sticking around for a long time and Andrew's thinks the fix is to close down postcodes? The height of stupidity.

This mindset is alarming. I've seen first hand what this virus can do. Trucks storing bodies here because the morgues can't keep up. This is not scaremongering or anything sinister..it's a widespread killer. Just because you havent seen anyone sick or dying doesn't take away the magnitude of what is happening globally.

This attitude is what lead to Victoria's spike. I guess you have no idea what exponential means. Sad.

This is a dangerous disease and extremely infectious.

The whole state of Vic should revert back to lockdown.

States are rolling back in the US over here. Matter of time before we start seeing up to 100k new cases per day. We just hit 48k today alone. This virus is sticking around for a long time and Andrew's thinks the fix is to close down postcodes? The height of stupidity.
With respect. The majority of Victoria doesn't have any cases. And most areas that do have under 5 cases. We're not getting pockets pop up across the city, the outbreaks are very localized. This virus is going to stick around for a long time and we have to learn how to live with it. Tassie successfully shut down the area around Burnie when there was an outbreak without having to put the whole state under the same level of restrictions. We've got nowhere near the population density or level of cases as America and how we deal with the virus doesn't have to follow what is happening in America

1593585794530.png

Dictator Dan #Commie

I live off Bell st, just before Sydney road.. Somehow both Coburg and Brunswick missed being locked down but Brunswick West and Fawkner do get locked down, pretty stiff for a lot of people.
It is .... Its not great for my wife and I but the decision is made and we will abide by the rules as we have done strictly previously . Hopefully everyone else does but not holding my breath.

I think its a matter of time until these 'zones' get extended out too.

Our office was getting a few calls today asking for consultants who 'dont live in hotspots '......interesting times.

Our office was getting a few calls today asking for consultants who 'dont live in hotspots '......interesting times.

It’ll be interesting to see how the local economy is effected, I dare say a number of small businesses will struggle to come back.

That we know of. The more testing that is done the more symptomless cases are detected.
They are finding less than 1 in 200 that are tested have it.

Yesterday 73 cases worked out to 1 out of every 283.

And that's with large amounts of contact tracing and testing. It's not like people outside those areas aren't getting tested either.

I'm not seeing anything being reported on large numbers of symptomless cases being found in Victoria either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back