COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

I think when it all comes out in the wash, people will try an pick at the bones looking for a casual link back to individuals but I think the likely explanation for the outcome will be a mix of bad behaviour of individuals, a very high number of returning citizens from overseas, combined with a cold climate, which encourages indoor activity, and a pile of bad luck. Honestly, we had several dickheads having parties, cramming into markets, travelling around the state while sick etc. and virtually nothing came of any of it. NSW has been a source of much of the infection in the country through the cruse ships but I find it impossible to believe they had some magically higher level of compliance than Victoria or Queensland.

You mean the same protests that DA strongly advised people attending that occurred in every major city in this country, and the western world for that matter, and has yet to reveal one community transmission here? Interesting take.
It’s about messaging. And he might advised against it but he could have dished out some fines and been stronger. DA is soft as marshmallow. Now he won’t take any proper responsibility for the disgrace that was the management of quarantine. At every presser - sorry I’ll have to wait for the three month long judicial inquiry. Yet businesses are going under and people in high rises are having their liberty taken away (and if you worry about black lives mattering then have a think about the skin color of the majority of those high rise residents). Why aren’t the usual ‘champions of freedom’ up in arms about the high rise lock up? Where are the Greens? Where is Julian Burnside? Crickets. But * a black dude dies in USA and we march in thousands. Interesting take right back at ya.

Exactly
and having someone quoting him as a man who sums something up, as though its a good thing, really sums the guy doing it up

Articulates the whinging progressive cry babies to a tee, he triggers all the left and it’s brilliant. Nothing more entertaining than seeing snowflakes lose their collective minds, I’m sure you fit right in with that cohort dorky.

It’s about messaging. And he might advised against it but he could have dished out some fines and been stronger. DA is soft as marshmallow. Now he won’t take any proper responsibility for the disgrace that was the management of quarantine. At every presser - sorry I’ll have to wait for the three month long judicial inquiry. Yet businesses are going under and people in high rises are having their liberty taken away (and if you worry about black lives mattering then have a think about the skin color of the majority of those high rise residents). Why aren’t the usual ‘champions of freedom’ up in arms about the high rise lock up? Where are the Greens? Where is Julian Burnside? Crickets. But fu** a black dude dies in USA and we march in thousands. Interesting take right back at ya.

It’s just a movement for Marxism

It’s about messaging. And he might advised against it but he could have dished out some fines and been stronger. DA is soft as marshmallow. Now he won’t take any proper responsibility for the disgrace that was the management of quarantine. At every presser - sorry I’ll have to wait for the three month long judicial inquiry. Yet businesses are going under and people in high rises are having their liberty taken away (and if you worry about black lives mattering then have a think about the skin color of the majority of those high rise residents). Why aren’t the usual ‘champions of freedom’ up in arms about the high rise lock up? Where are the Greens? Where is Julian Burnside? Crickets. But fu** a black dude dies in USA and we march in thousands. Interesting take right back at ya.
Does that mean you don't worry about black lives mattering?
So where does the identity politics fit then?

Articulates the whinging progressive cry babies to a tee, he triggers all the left and it’s brilliant. Nothing more entertaining than seeing snowflakes lose their collective minds, I’m sure you fit right in with that cohort dorky.
Haha. And this is why it's pointless arguing anything politics or societal with you. It's all sport to you, pure identity politics, all about "winding up lefties". Andrews could invent the vaccine and you'd still want him gone.

I enjoy your contributions around here with the Hawks, but when it comes to politics you're as predictable as every hard right snowflake in these parts.

No one dished out fines in this country mate. Same when the right wing anti vax nuts were protesting the weeks before.

As for the quarantine stuff, he's taken some heat for that, which he should. But * me, you could forgive the guy for trusting security people not to shag the sick people you are quarantining. I mean, surely this doesn't require advanced training....

Does that mean you don't worry about black lives mattering?
So where does the identity politics fit then?
Black lives matter. All lives mattering is more important - especially in a pandemic. Yet people protest when a person in the US dies. Yet where are these protestors in response to real home grown racial inequality - the forced imprisonment for mostly dark skinned high rise residents. Could you imagine the outcry if the boys in blue propped at the top of your driveway telling u you can’t go shopping? Yet everyone in Melbourne is allowed to go shopping for necessities unless you live in the high rises. Have you seen the videos of dark skinned people getting set upon by the police when they seek to break incarceration in their Palestinian styled ghetto? Yet where is the outcry? Where are the people who marched on mass against the murder of George Floyd? I’ll tell you where they are - missing. Why - because it’s not sexy nor snazzy. A protest against a big left government that breaches civil liberties does not signal the left agenda of lefty self righteousness.

Gralin - don’t the black lives in the high rises matter to you?

Gralin - do you concede the high rise lock downs are an outrageous deprivation of civil liberty that targets marginalized people of poverty and colour?

Gralin -As a supporter of black lives matter what are you doing about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no bigger sook on this board than you, tige. You haven’t stopped whinging since you joined. 🙄

Black lives matter. All lives mattering is more important - especially in a pandemic. Yet people protest when a person in the US dies. Yet where are these protestors in response to real home grown racial inequality - the forced imprisonment for mostly dark skinned high rise residents. Could you imagine the outcry if the boys in blue propped at the top of your driveway telling u you can’t go shopping? Yet everyone in Melbourne is allowed to go shopping for necessities unless you live in the high rises. Have you seen the videos of dark skinned people getting set upon by the police when they seek to break incarceration in their Palestinian styled ghetto? Yet where is the outcry? Where are the people who marched on mass against the murder of George Floyd? I’ll tell you where they are - missing. Why - because it’s not sexy nor snazzy. A protest against a big left government that breaches civil liberties does not signal the left agenda of lefty self righteousness.

Gralin - do you concede the high rise lock downs are an outrageous deprivation of civil liberty that targets marginalized people of poverty and colour?

Ok so you've still not explained what identity politics or your comments about birth certificates have to do with our current situation.

You've made it quite clear that you think the cause of the current outbreak it the left but you've provided no evidence of that.

You've repeatedly refused to explain your singling out of BLM in this.

You've also shown zero awareness by saying this is a US only issue and only related to the death of one man.

And you've not answered any direct questions about your comments on any topic only tried to bait.

Is what is happening to people living in those high rise buildings different to the rest of the suburbs. Yes. Are their direct circumstances different. Yes.

Are poor people being unequally impacted by this pandemic. Yes. Are minorities over represented in these areas. Yes.

It that a sociatal issue. Yes. Is that one of the thing BLM is calling out. Yes.

Does any of that have anything to do with your original rant about the protests and identity politics in the context of the lockdown? I've been asking for a while. You tell me.

You’re still paying for it. It’s something but being self employed retailer if I don’t recover I’ll be having a fire sale.
it's something - will help some people

But yeah it's just can kicking with nothing else going on

Seriously people, just keep your heads down and stay safe.

There's bigger s**t to worry about than a point scoring, pissing contest over BLM, idealogies and the like.

I just can't see it not becoming a catastrophe down there, and because we're every bit as complacent up here, well be the same soon enough. People are just ******* grubs, and I can only put it down to luck that we got off so lightly before.

Forget the blame and the politics and just stay safe.

Oh, and thanks for the marzipan dildo reference, it's just given me a a great gift idea for Xmas. Cheers.

Haha. And this is why it's pointless arguing anything politics or societal with you. It's all sport to you, pure identity politics, all about "winding up lefties". Andrews could invent the vaccine and you'd still want him gone.

I enjoy your contributions around here with the Hawks, but when it comes to politics you're as predictable as every hard right snowflake in these parts.

Everyone on this forum fails to discuss any political topic in a bi-partisanship way, don’t make it seem like I am the outlier here man. I know, 100% that I am, at times pretty colourful when discussing social topics but it’s also an attempt to balance the extreme leftism and progressive moderation by mods and their band of fans.

To often, whether it be on forums like this or in public, those with more conservative views are shooshed by fanatical liberals who believe they’re views are the only views acceptable in society. Mostly, as the word represents, conservatives aren’t as boisterous or fanatical, they are not screamers, they do not broadcast every feeling or emotion and sometimes they are failed to be heard. Around here, a lot of my posting is for a bit of show, genuinely just enjoy some banter and if I can wind some people up in the process then so be it.

Of course, my views are different, particularly from a political standpoint to some here, but there is also a significant amount who agree with me and multiple of those posting here are in private convos with me and a few more who more or less just watch proceedings out of fear of being torn down by mods/former mods and their liberal bunnies who follow them.

At the end of the day I, like most others, just want to see the best for this city and our citizens.. I’ve lived and worked all around Australia, been all over the world and nothing, not a single place can beat this city.

PS. Let me say this categorically, if the LNP had of created the s**t show we are in now, I would be every bit as vocal asking for heads to roll. Partisanship goes out the window when livelihoods are effected.

You won’t get an answer with any real substance because when challenged with genuine questions that he knows he’ll struggle to answer, he runs to the hills.

** I chipped in $50 with a work colleague who dropped in $100 worth organic fruit.. He reckons it’s chaos down there, pretty sad man.

Those saying the BLM protests had no affect Just remember that you dont have to divulge information on where you've been (for contact tracing). Combine this with the fact that the regions where this second wave started are known for their somewhat radical leftism, and what do you get?

The second impact is from returning travellers (mainly Indians- and I'm married to an Indian before anyone gets up in arms). Culturally, you return from even a weekend away and everyone has to see you. With India having tested barely 1% of their population, but estimates at up to 35% being infected, you dont need to have a PhD to realise what could have happened. Then you've got the ones that may cross over. People who didn't properly isolate after returning who also attended the rally

I coach multiple netball sides and an 18u girls footy side ......often mocked for being
“ over the top “ with my precautions.......
On the flip side I watched clubs Like Montrose have scant regard for what was needed ......
point being ....until EVERYONE is on board ......just keep us in lock down .
Right now im taking calls from girls heartbroken their gunna be isolated.

ps ..my real responsibilities start now as a jr coach ......I hope others see it the same way .
Is their footy oval the same as from my junior days, win the toss kick with or against the tide?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back