COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't have thought so as the jab doesn't even come with a document of informed consent from what I've been told. I just know you won't be able to work in Victoria pretty much unless you undergo this medical procedure.

It's the same thing you've had done at least a dozen times in your life. It's not a medical procedure. Hell, I got a good half a dozen shots, including some that came in two doses when I went to Asia to work in the 1990s.

Those shots were mandatory to travel back then. No-one said a thing about that at the time, because it's a non issue. No-one said a thing about the shots we used to get at school as well. Once more, non issue.

This conspiracy stuff around the corona vaccines is the biggest con of our age.

Consider this. More than 160 million Americans have had the jab with no dramas at all, around 90 percent of whom did it without being asked to by anyone.

Every single person I know here, plus that number have had it.

Think about that - this is the most litigious society on the planet. The entire population give or take is armed to the teeth. If there was one tiny chance in hades that the big Pharma guys would lose their shirts on these vaccines... it wouldn't be happing. I know some people in that field too, and from a long way back they were more than confident that their competition who were making the vaccines were doing the right thing.

It's different in Australia, there is all the misinformation there is here, with none of the real life horror of experiencing the pandemic (almost). These shots are no different to the dozens of others most of us have had during our lives.

When people in your orbit start dropping dead, going to hospital, or getting very sick things will seem different.

But it's the biggest load of cry baby crap I've ear heard, that these vaccines are any different or sinister to the ones you've had your whole life. There are decades of research behind them, and more man hours over a 12 month period than any other vaccine would have seen during your lifetime.

I mean if it was a conspiracy Morrison wouldn't have jumped to the front of the queue, nor would other world leaders ke billionaires

Rich countries wouldn't be blocking access to poor countries to get their own doses in first.

I mean if it was a conspiracy Morrison wouldn't have jumped to the front of the queue, nor would other world leaders ke billionaires

Rich countries wouldn't be blocking access to poor countries to get their own doses in first.

It's a little different where I live than it is at home, but the most basic facts are useless against someone who has gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole online.

Whether it's Qanon, anti-vaxxers, supporters of the Big Lie or an invisible wave of communism in Capitalist countries, the rationale is always to believe a negative over a well considered positive piece of evidence.

It's a little different where I live than it is at home, but the most basic facts are useless against someone who has gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole online.

Whether it's Qanon, anti-vaxxers, supporters of the Big Lie or an invisible wave of communism in Capitalist countries, the rationale is always to believe a negative over a well considered positive piece of evidence.
I mean people can go down the rabbit hole and come back out, it's not always a one way trip

of course the chances of it happening on a chat forum as opposed to via interaction with friends in the real world is not that likely

but you never know...

It's the same thing you've had done at least a dozen times in your life. It's not a medical procedure. Hell, I got a good half a dozen shots, including some that came in two doses when I went to Asia to work in the 1990s.

Those shots were mandatory to travel back then. No-one said a thing about that at the time, because it's a non issue. No-one said a thing about the shots we used to get at school as well. Once more, non issue.

This conspiracy stuff around the corona vaccines is the biggest con of our age.

Consider this. More than 160 million Americans have had the jab with no dramas at all, around 90 percent of whom did it without being asked to by anyone.

Every single person I know here, plus that number have had it.

Think about that - this is the most litigious society on the planet. The entire population give or take is armed to the teeth. If there was one tiny chance in hades that the big Pharma guys would lose their shirts on these vaccines... it wouldn't be happing. I know some people in that field too, and from a long way back they were more than confident that their competition who were making the vaccines were doing the right thing.

It's different in Australia, there is all the misinformation there is here, with none of the real life horror of experiencing the pandemic (almost). These shots are no different to the dozens of others most of us have had during our lives.

When people in your orbit start dropping dead, going to hospital, or getting very sick things will seem different.

But it's the biggest load of cry baby crap I've ear heard, that these vaccines are any different or sinister to the ones you've had your whole life. There are decades of research behind them, and more man hours over a 12 month period than any other vaccine would have seen during your lifetime.

I'll tell you somone who has had a drama, one of my workmates sons who is 25 years old and collapsed in that 15 minute observing period post 2nd dose, he has been in hospital ever since with all sorts of tests being run and he isn't in a good way.

So I don't care if people are vaccinated or not, but people should have an open mind when they say it should be mandatory. Because that paticular 25 year old is currently in hospital when he otherwise wouldn't be.

I'd agrue that the factor of coercion being involved in this midigates giving informed consent, by defintion informed consent shouldn't involve coercion.
What coercion would that be?

Coercion is by implication, illegal. A fine for speeding is designed to force you to consider driving slower, but its not coercion. Me saying, if you dont drive slower, I will beat you up, thats coercion. A business legally restricting who they do and do not allow into their premises isnt coercion. An employer mandating vaccination for its workforce isnt coercion, despite that it does apply pressure to vaccinate.

So, again, willingly choosing to walk into a Dr surgery, fill in their medical history form, and getting a jab, because your worried about getting fired, is you exercising freedom of choice. It technically isnt coercion, regardless of how you feel about it, you did consent by entering the surgery, you are informed, you had your chance to ask questions, whether you bothered to or not.

I'll tell you somone who has had a drama, one of my workmates sons who is 25 years old and collapsed in that 15 minute observing period post 2nd dose, he has been in hospital ever since with all sorts of tests being run and he isn't in a good way.

So I don't care if people are vaccinated or not, but people should have an open mind when they say it should be mandatory. Because that paticular 25 year old is currently in hospital when he otherwise wouldn't be.
co morbidities?

Causation, correlation or coincidence.

Hope the young fella is alright but these stories can be pretty flawed.

I assume you heard about the Nicki Minaj one about swollen testicles post vax... Turns out the bloke just had Chlamydia that showed out around the same time he got vaxxed.

First I hope he's OK, but an underlying condition might have been exposed there. That type of reaction sucks, I hate to hear it happened. But it's also non-existent over here among my circle, which includes a pretty large group of people.

I do however first hand know of four of my wife's colleagues who died from covid, her uncle, and a couple of people I have worked with who've died also. Plus an employee of a friend, and a handful of others.

But that vaccine helps to stop it spread, prevents the hospitals clogging up (the National Guard was called in where I am only two weeks ago to help at the biggest hospital here). People are dying not just from covid, but from a lack of urgent medical care because they can't get into a hospital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean people can go down the rabbit hole and come back out, it's not always a one way trip

of course the chances of it happening on a chat forum as opposed to via interaction with friends in the real world is not that likely

but you never know...

I read of cases here and there, where they come back out of it. I don't give up hope, but maybe it's too soon since things really kicked off around 2016 or so.

I've known a few friends who are 5 years into it, and getting deeper and deeper. A chunk of them are in their 70s, and will likely keep at it as long as they have a cable news subscription, the same circle of friends, and an internet connection/email inbox.

It's the great challenge of our age. Geopolitical forces have sown the seeds since the late 90s, and the rise of Fox News in the US has definitely not helped.

Yeah a guy I've known for 25 years looks like he's going to get red pilled which sucks, especially considering he's got a young daughter

This is a pretty dangerous time for all that stuff given how s**t the Governments around the world have shown themselves to be around supporting and being honest with their citizens. Just easy fodder for the grifters

co morbidities?
look they could end up finding something, how many times do you hear about someone young and healthy dropping dead on a sporting field and they find an undiagnosed heart condition or something else

went to school with a guy who dropped at the pub in his 20s from a birth defect in his heart, he knew about it but most of his friends didn't

and yeah adverse reactions to vaccines are also normal, just because the vast majority of people don't have a reaction some do, in Australia the stats are pretty even currently on adverse reactions vs actual coronavirus so its easy for people to say the vaccine is more dangerous, not smart but easy

I wonder how many people realise that co morbidiites mainly are diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or obesity though, things that are very common across the population

Contains swearing.

Too close to home.

I’ve got mates who I’ve smoked all sorts of s**t with back in the day who don’t trust Doctors and the vaccine, but still don’t think about what’s in that glass barby they’re toking 3 times a day.

Contains swearing.

I reckon everyone I know who could be in that clip is vaccinated
The people I know who aren't vaccinated have gone down the wellness conspiracy rabbit hole and take their health very seriously in a very anti science whatever the grifters tell them kind of way

The people that say 5G kills bees and sugar/artificial sweeteners cause cancer

A lot of them don't drink or smoke or eat junk food or do drugs, none of them are poor either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back