Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

First and formost this is a health crisis. It should be treated as such.

Our government dropped the ball when it came to supporting people (jobkeeper, jobseeker and getting vaccines). Then both our politicans (and overseas) turned a health crisis into a political issue. And unfortunately us against each other

Do you know what I’d be saying about the very remote chance (given vaccination) of you dying of Covid in circumstances where I’d lost everything and had to rely on Jobseeker to feed my family?
2 deaths in Sydney a lady in her 70's and a lady in her 30's with other conditions ! it kills , stay at home and if out mask up

2 deaths in Sydney a lady in her 70's and a lady in her 30's with other conditions ! it kills , stay at home and if out mask up
I think the saddest thing about this whole Covid thing is how, with the encouragement of government and media, it has pitted humans against each other and encouraged summary dismissal of of how their lives are affected.

Simplistic absolutes like this passed their expiration date at the same time as “flatten the curve”.

Take care up there mate , good people like you don't deserve this

Thanks, though I have been lucky, I am in a city that is not under lockdown at the moment... feel for family and friends in Sydney though, this looks like dragging on...

In yet another lockdown.

Fishmonger apparently gave it to a whole bunch of street vendors.

1537 active cases and 37 deaths.

Masking up, and staying home isn't difficult. But I can work from home, others are not so lucky.

But I'd rather be unemployed then dead.

Where were these fu**in "freedom" fighters during the last half decade of power creep from Dutton and co.

The one who is actively taking more and more freedoms and privacy away every year and succeeding doing it. Where were they then?

Thats actually permanent and we will never get those rights and freedoms back. Lockdowns are temporary and always have been.

If you're going to be a "freedom fighter" be actually good at your ******* job instead of missing the boat 5 years ago.

Truly a fascinating hill to die on. Then again most of those people are narcissists anyway.

2 more have passed away today . She needs to stop saying stay home , just put a curfew on and people will

more than 2 people died today, shall we ban anything else?

i reckon some alcohol related deaths occured today , 6000 a year in aus alone

so please stop drinking to help drive those numbers down , otherwise you are a selfish , if we ban grog i reckon we can get those numbers down to 0 easy, not to mention violence and other health issues it causes

so please stop drinking to help drive those numbers down , otherwise you are a selfish , if we ban grog i reckon we can get those numbers down to 0 easy, not to mention violence and other health issues it causes
I feel so sorry for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that comparing COVID to alcohol is apples and apples. People make a choice to drink. A majority of alcohol related deaths are those of the drinker themselves. Pretty sure millions worldwide didn't choose to pick up a virus that can kill or creates lifelong health difficulties when they went down the street to do their shopping or visit their family for a meal.

I lost the job i had ! he is so right wing and i feel sorry for him and he's not even affected down below
And I’m not affected either. Except for the endless battle with my son. But I’ve seen plenty who are.

Think of the dozen old blokes down at (is it?) Ormond. The ones that have no business being at a footy club but for the company. How much piss would they have drunk in front of the tv this last 18 months?

The kids and wives (and husbands for that matter) being abused by their parents and spouses with no escape.

The undiagnosed cancer and heart complaint victims. That wave is coming. Believe me.

And I’m not affected either. Except for the endless battle with my son. But I’ve seen plenty who are.

Think of the dozen old blokes down at (is it?) Ormond. The ones that have no business being at a footy club but for the company. How much piss would they have drunk in front of the tv this last 18 months?

The kids and wives (and husbands for that matter) being abused by their parents and spouses with no escape.

The undiagnosed cancer and heart complaint victims. That wave is coming. Believe me.
What a strange post !

Hopefully we aren’t in lockdown as long as a Carlton rebuild.

I hope not, they've been rebuilding for the best part of two decades!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back