Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Having walkthrough's for the house. Told real estate agent no one gets in without a mask.

If it were me I'd be standing by the front door and spraying people in the face and hands with disinfectant.

So three things out of this video:

1. Sam Reid’s Mum is a Sovereign Citizen
2. Sam Reid is on peanuts
3. You can’t pick your parents

How can the Premier continue to claim that NSW has led the country?!

lying comes easier to some folk

and when they spout that sh*te, and then see it reported as fact, without challenge, in the murdoch media or on sky news, they get used to believing it
It's like the right wing commentators that hold Nick Coatsworth up as the poster boy for all things sensible regarding COVID. This is the bloke that spent the first part of 2020 telling people covid wasn't an airborne pathogen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the left wing echo chamber is in full swing tonight.

I don't think it has anything to do with being left or right wing, I was just commenting on Perrottet's claim that NSW has led the country.

I do think Labor leaders have a natural advantage over their Liberal counterparts when it comes to healthcare, as it's a lot harder for a Liberal leader to talk up public health measures that restrict people's freedoms, even if only temporarily, as it goes against their ideology. It's not easy for a leader to act against their own political instincts, but sometimes that is what the job requires them to do. I still believe that government shouldn't interfere with individuals' private matters, but this was always, and still is, a public health issue. I was a Liberal voter before this btw (though I don't know if I will be after this, haha).

I don't think it has anything to do with being left or right wing, I was just commenting on Perrottet's claim that NSW has led the country.

I do think Labor leaders have a natural advantage over their Liberal counterparts when it comes to healthcare, as it's a lot harder for a Liberal leader to talk up public health measures that restrict people's freedoms, even if only temporarily, as it goes against their ideology. It's not easy for a leader to act against their own political instincts, but sometimes that is what the job requires them to do. I still believe that government shouldn't interfere with individuals' private matters, but this was always, and still is, a public health issue. I was a Liberal voter before this btw (though I don't know if I will be after this, haha).
Always a voice of reason my friend

Im in retail.
Worn a mask for with my staff for 12 hours a day.
The biggest nuckleheads that think they dont have to wear them are young men in construction.
I don't get it. The only obvious group that stands out. Not all of course but of all the people that WON'T wear a mask in store, they are leading our in store count of most unlikely to wear a mask.
I am also involved in a retail store and I together with all the staff refuse to allow unmasked people into the store. We have had very few problems thankfully.

Last edited:
Is it Omicron? I'd really like that confirmed...

It would certainly give us a clear picture on how things will work moving forward.
Very few of the daily cases reported are omicrin. Melbourne had around 1500 covid positive cases yesterday yet not one of them was omicrom. The day before we had 5 cases of omicrom.
Why is omicrom being treated as such an infectious strain?

Very few of the daily cases reported are omicrin. Melbourne had around 1500 covid positive cases yesterday yet not one of them was omicrom. The day before we had 5 cases of omicrom.
Why is omicrom being treated as such an infectious strain?
It seems to be more infectious and also more resistant to some vaccines. But it is fairly new so it'll take some time to get proper evidence but last thing we want is for it to be a really infectious and deadly varient that we could have prepared for

It seems to be more infectious and also more resistant to some vaccines. But it is fairly new so it'll take some time to get proper evidence but last thing we want is for it to be a really infectious and deadly varient that we could have prepared for
So far overseas cases don't seem to be bad

I dont know what is accurate right now and I won't pretend to know what Omicron will do.

But I am loving the idea that Omicron could be the endgame that causes a fizzle out.

Optimistic, sure, but sounds like thats a real possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back