Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

i reckon you are right. its coming in a wave

Posted this in the COVID 19 thread, but this gives a good idea of exponential growth (in general, and in pandemics)

Watching NZ play Aus in cricket behind closed doors... Its not so bad.
I just imagine i'm in Dubai.... or Christchurch. LOL

However AFL needs a crowd

i reckon you are right. its coming in a wave
it will be exponential.. however, i think the financial cost will have far more impact on people than the virus. Stock market is already deep sea diving. this will impact levergaed people (half of australia is negatively geared). to what extent and whether they keep their jobs will have a far more negative impact of australia then the virus. this is 1987 revisited. i saw what happened then. I could have bought a porsche carrera for $10,000. that was a $100,000 car.

it will be exponential.. however, i think the financial cost will have far more impact on people than the virus. Stock market is already deep sea diving. this will impact levergaed people (half of australia is negatively geared). to what extent and whether they keep their jobs will have a far more negative impact of australia then the virus. this is 1987 revisited. i saw what happened then. I could have bought a porsche carrera for $10,000. that was a $100,000 car.

I don't even have $10,000 ....

Government is doing a ******* lousy job. We were given the luxury of being relatively CV-free and having countries like China, Italy, South Korea and Iran to use as examples. But Morrison and co have squandered that time advantage with their 'let's wait and see' approach, instead of being pro-active, using those other countries as warnings, and ensuring the risk of spread was minimised from the get-go. Effing embarrassing.

Yep, amazing to see the Aust and US governments talking mostly about the economic impact. If we deal properly with the contagion now (or rather, did so a month ago) maybe there'll be much less economic impact. The only way - a la Taiwan, Korea, etc - is close down schools, unis, public events, all mass gatherings, and get as many as people staying and working at home as possible. Incredible that we had women's cricket final in front of 86k people last weekend. Surprise, at least one infected person; now most likely dozens.

Watching NZ play Aus in cricket behind closed doors... Its not so bad.
I just imagine i'm in Dubai.... or Christchurch. LOL

However AFL needs a crowd

I disagree. One of the things I love most about footy is that it still has a nostalgic, grass-roots feel. That's why I enjoy the NEAFL and practice matches. Less focus on atmosphere and more focus on pure footy.

But I may be bias as I've spent my life begrudgingly going to West Coast and Fremantle games with the most common back-drop being a chorus of boos for the majority of each and every match.

What effect would missing a whole year of footy have on all the players?

And how annoying that it's another year gone out of Buddy's contract with nothing to show for it

This could really set things up for upcoming clubs as like i said in another thread if the season is cancelled they refer to the 2019 draft order.

Also stuffs Richmond up so there is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame really seems we have to police the stupid people who would wander along sick

This is the exact problem though. There is a period before symptoms show, at least a few days (sometimes more), where people are shedding the virus and infecting others without being able to tell...

All in the dunny paper aisle!

Big plus is there'll be much less home town umpiring bias
I’m right for bog rolls, but food is a problem. Still no pasta etc. Lots of people sitting on months of supplies while others have nothing. This will get worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back