Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

My parents lived through a war (where chemical weapons were used mind you) and they've never seen a level of panic like what they are seeing in Sydney.

"Australia is good country, people very stupid though" ~ My Dad.
That's what happens when you live in the lucky country... or the US, or the UK... okay, any bloody where!

you didn't say anything? I would have been all over it. Can stand selfishness, and queue jumpers, just hate it

I have a habit of saying too much too often. It would have ended up in an argument and I’m trying to curb that habit. The butcher was gleefully selling the product so they may have supported the customer but yeah I came close

I swear to god the only traffic I can hear atm are mopeds as they deliver food
Go to your Kindle for some respite from stress... the pre-ordered N. K. Jemisin were delivered today! New book! See you all tomorrow! :):):)

Only a matter of time

How they expect trades to distance is alsmost impossible

Sites are going to keep on adapting to the point of it being impractical. Construction & Transport Industries are being seen as Essential Services and when you think of it if they stop this nation is well and truly on it's knees. Rightly or wrongly both will continue in full swing until such time we are told to go home and stay there. Construction stops in NSW & Vic the Country's economy will never recover. Transport Stops and we will all ****ing die of hunger or the Virus itself.

feels misplaced

easy to sit in the cheap seats i realise, but the rich are just going to end up richer

Seen the stock markets lately....there are plenty of rich who are getting very decidedly poorer.

Sites are going to keep on adapting to the point of it being impractical. Construction & Transport Industries are being seen as Essential Services and when you think of it if they stop this nation is well and truly on it's knees. Rightly or wrongly both will continue in full swing until such time we are told to go home and stay there. Construction stops in NSW & Vic the Country's economy will never recover. Transport Stops and we will all ****ing die of hunger or the Virus itself.
yep, what will stop the trades wont be the virus directly, but the economics caused by the virus.

Oh wow, I forgot that came out today!

All the reviews on goodreads are from before the book came out.

Will wait a while to see if it's s**t or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our economy would be stuffed if the construction industry stops...

delay your wedding

and your funeral......

Jesus Christ I am happy my wedding was done last year!! I was also best man at a wedding that was on the first of March (only 23 days ago)!

It's crazy how quickly things change.

I am off work and have been for the past nine months, but my fellow teachers are also doing it tough. Relatively speaking they're OK compared to some other fields but it's very challenging circumstances. Colleagues of mine teaching to classes of five or six kids most periods, unable to implement any real sort of online programs so long as the physical classes remain the primary method, but not able to get through any of the curriculum either with such low attendance rates in each and every class.

It's fine at the moment - they are still being paid to basically conduct group discussions on coronavirus with the few students in attendance. Compared to the financial strain others are going through, they have it good. Where it will really start to bite them is months down the track, when the curriculum is thrown completely off kilter by these interruptions, and students crucial year 11 and 12 educations are thrown into disarray. The strain will be on the teachers then, both mentally and potentially financially.

The economy is tanking and the virus isn't slowing down. Feel like it's pretty clear that this is being mishandled

It was obvious to me 3 weeks ago that as soon as it hit our shores you:

- close all borders
- send everyone on enforced leave for 3 weeks but MUST stay home and policed by police with jail as breaches
- all groceries to be bought on line and delivered left at door step. Involve military to assist delivery if needed
- identify the sick and isolate

Had we done that the virus wouldn’t be here at all now. We had a once only opportunity and missed it. Indeed as we now approach the upswing in curve where thousands not hundreds will be infected SComo still isn’t locking down entirely. Gutless. We are on the cusp of point of no return and still he doesn’t have the balls to do what’s required to save 400,000 people’s lives. Yes that’s the likely number IMO. Flawed judgement. Reactive rather than proactive measures. Gutless.

I have 3 teen kids and am divorced.- ex from hell constantly trying to prevent kids seeing me. 1 lives with me 2 with her. 2 of the kids are flitting between houses atm. 19 yo son works in pizza delivery (high risk of infection) was doing uni but has deferred. I Live with my 92 yo mum and I work my accountancy business from home. See no one except groceries. A recipe for disaster. I have to tell those 2 to stay one or other and I’m struggling to have that talk because I’ve spent 10 years trying to have a healthy relationship with them when my ex was working against that at every point, lies manipulation, alienation, emotional blackmail etc. Still if I don’t then my mother (15% risk) and me (4% risk) are in harms way. I don’t care about me but I can’t risk my mum like that. Unfair. Son is here overnight because mum arguing with him all the time. So I must talk to him in morning get him to choose and give up his work preferably. Only earns $200 per week so sensible to go on unemployment instead or perhaps tutor my twin 16 yo girls (year 11). He is extremely smart atar of 94.5 so could easily do that I think. Then could stay home and we all be safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back