Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? i think its a fair system to offset the disadvantage we face playing a GF on the MCG.

At the end of the day the grand final is the decider. You either show up and play to win or you lose. There have been grand finals we deserved to lose and did lose.

Playing grand finals interstate I am all for but there should only be one.

At the end of the day the grand final is the decider. You either show up and play to win or you lose. There have been grand finals we deserved to lose and did lose.

Playing grand finals interstate I am all for but there should only be one.

Interstate GF's will not happen in our lifetime, GWS/Adelaide are not that bad just saw the difference in preparation/familiarity between a side that players 16 games at the MCG its ridiculously unfair.

Playing the best of 3 imo evens out the advantage that the MCG tenants have.

Interstate GF's will not happen in our lifetime, GWS/Adelaide are not that bad just saw the difference in preparation/familiarity between a side that players 16 games at the MCG its ridiculously unfair.

Playing the best of 3 imo evens out the advantage that the MCG tenants have.

They were dismal. They did not deserve a second chance a week later. Neither did we in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll earn it but will always be an asterisk flag IMO.
Only in your view not officially
Exactly right The King! Nobody remembers which were the war years without thinking about it, they were just other years...

We as a generation or two might remember, but our under 10 years olds will be lucky to remember this at all. It will just be another boring thing the old people talk about as far as they're concerned!

Look forward to hearing some thoughts on here if we win then

So we win the flag and your first post will be well that didn’t count

Jesus after all this s**t am imagine the excitement and joy footy will bring

I’m feeling much more positive about this whole predicament. At last count the treatment options are in the teens. Anti viral drugs, hiv drugs, malaria drugs, tuberculosis drugs all being used front line with degrees of success. 2 ICU patients in USA totally cured within a few days of treatment.

I think within 2 months a preferred and effective treatment will be used and death rate will plummet in those that have bought time by flattening the curve.

The number of natural remedies is similar in number and with some success too.

At the same time successful trials are occurring on a vaccine which I can see being available by say January.

Hunker down a few months people and there will be light at end of tunnel IMO

Excitement, joy sure, but it's a compromised season.

it is what it is, but you make the best of it

not like it's compromised on purpose

been sports contests shorterned by strikes etc before

everyone got over it

it is what it is, but you make the best of it

not like it's compromised on purpose

been sports contests shorterned by strikes etc before

everyone got over it

For sure. For the record I’m not gonna be weeping over how this season’s turned out, and if we won the flag I’d never be anything less than ecstatic. But it will still have an asterisk for me.

In any case it’s unlikely it will happen, but geez can you imagine. If Horse took this team to a flag even in a whacko season like this he should be knighted.

A shortened season with 16 min quarters is wide open.

Once a decision was made to halt in the interests of player welfare and stopping community spread it was pretty obvious to me that the season is over until such time that a vaccine is available and infection numbers cease. The best timeline for that is January IMO. Season done and next season impaired. The draft will still likely proceed but will be on basis of pre existing form not the under 18 championship. Draft positions will likely be as they were in 2019 ie pick 5. So I think we will draft a top 5, Campbell and Gulden.

Once a decision was made to halt in the interests of player welfare and stopping community spread it was pretty obvious to me that the season is over until such time that a vaccine is available and infection numbers cease. The best timeline for that is January IMO. Season done and next season impaired. The draft will still likely proceed but will be on basis of pre existing form not the under 18 championship. Draft positions will likely be as they were in 2019 ie pick 5. So I think we will draft a top 5, Campbell and Gulden.
Take it and run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back