Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond were denied entry to Queensland for their scheduled match against WCE, this week, why is there going to be 6 Victorian clubs in Gold Coast hub?

St Kilda will spend July in a hub in Noosa, players and staff have been informed.
Noosa is a two-hour drive to Brisbane then a 1.5 hour flight to Sydney.
It’s expected the Saints will play games in both capital cities but spend their weeks in Noosa.

also North Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond in Gold Coast hub.

I drive to the Gabba weekly from Noosa, 1 1/2 hours max unless there's a accident on the Bruce Hwy/Gateway. July 10 Sunshine Coast Airport opens to Domestic travel again (except Vic as of this week) so 1 and a bit hours flying direct to Sydney, 20 mins to the SSC airport from Noosa, great research Foxsport.

Sydney to offer to host grand final seating 80,000 !!!

“ANZ Stadium has the biggest capacity outside the MCG and Sydney would give the AFL the red carpet treatment in the Harbour City,” said Minister Lee.
“We have just announced the merging of the SCG Trust and Venues NSW to create one powerful entity that can attract the best events and Sydney is ready for an AFL Grand Final.”
Maintenance has taken place on ANZ Stadium’s retractable stands to ensure it would be right to host 80,000 fans for an AFL blockbuster, as restrictions in NSW continue to ease.

VIC/NSW border going to close come midnight tomorrow. Feels like the AFL season will have to be cut short. Not every player will want to live in a hotel for more than 4 weeks

Sydney to offer to host grand final seating 80,000 !!!

“ANZ Stadium has the biggest capacity outside the MCG and Sydney would give the AFL the red carpet treatment in the Harbour City,” said Minister Lee.
“We have just announced the merging of the SCG Trust and Venues NSW to create one powerful entity that can attract the best events and Sydney is ready for an AFL Grand Final.”
Maintenance has taken place on ANZ Stadium’s retractable stands to ensure it would be right to host 80,000 fans for an AFL blockbuster, as restrictions in NSW continue to ease.

Typical happens when we are a bottom 4 side.

VIC/NSW border going to close come midnight tomorrow. Feels like the AFL season will have to be cut short. Not every player will want to live in a hotel for more than 4 weeks

Vic will be in full lockdown by Friday imo

China put out a bubonic plague warning after a positive test. They warn against eating certain animals. Of course the bubonic plague called the Black Death was caused by fleas on rodents.

Nice to see China is learning it’s lessons about risky behaviours and health

China put out a bubonic plague warning after a positive test. They warn against eating certain animals. Of course the bubonic plague called the Black Death was caused by fleas on rodents.

Nice to see China is learning it’s lessons about risky behaviours and health
2020 (so far)
drought, bushfires, floods
covid-19
bubonic plague https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53303457
Deadly Brain-Eating Amoeba Confirmed in Florida https://www.ecowatch.com/brain-eating-amoeba-florida-2646348423.html

Stop the world, I wanna get off

People do realise the Black Death never actually left and we stop it with antibiotics and vacs we give children and there are always going to be cases of it because people have stopped looking after their kids, right?

191 newbie cases today. This is EXPONENTIAL growth that I’ve been carrying on about
People do realise the Black Death never actually left and we stop it with antibiotics and vacs we give children and there are always going to be cases of it because people have stopped looking after their kids, right?

Yes realise. My point was that it is another case of China dropping the ball.

191 new cases in Vic now. I was uniformly slammed that I was running scared of something no worse than a few flu cases knowing full well that view was ignorant. The infections were all but under control and needed perhaps 2 weeks more. It will be a miracle now if we escape total rampant spread. I’m annoyed in extreme. Brain dead stupidity by govt

A sobering thought also is that recent tests confirm that the virus has mutated and in USA at least if not elsewhere and is 3-6 times more infectious. Strap in a train is coming head on!!!!

There have been more than 10000 people refusing testing in mandatory Melbourne hotspots. self centred aholes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Of particular concern for us is the ongoing parties and gatherings. People playing poker, people holding parties. We are finding people in cupboards, we are finding people in garages. Please stop."

:think: :drunk:

why dont they just say its a protest in the cupboard

"Of particular concern for us is the ongoing parties and gatherings. People playing poker, people holding parties. We are finding people in cupboards, we are finding people in garages. Please stop."

:think: :drunk:
If I can't put the grand kids in the cupboard when they come over then screw it they can stay with their parents.

I mean where else do you put them when you want some peace and quiet and they are screaming bloody murder.

It is not like I am mean or anything, I make sure the duct tape is not too tight and they have access to a bowl of water.....come to think of I haven't checked their water in a few days. Be right back.

If I can't put the grand kids in the cupboard when they come over then screw it they can stay with their parents.

I mean where else do you put them when you want some peace and quiet and they are screaming bloody murder.

It is not like I am mean or anything, I make sure the duct tape is not too tight and they have access to a bowl of water.....come to think of I haven't checked their water in a few days. Be right back.
That's the best post in this whole bloody, painful, depressing thread!

Made me laugh out loud, congrats :clapping:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back