Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for full lockdown in Victoria after this weekend
Won't happen. Lockdown was supposed to keep the virus away from places like aged care, food packaging/transport, supermarkets and health workers. That is exactly where the virus is atm and that's why another lockdown won't stop it from spreading

Locking up more would be like shutting the garage after the car was stolen
Pretty much. Best we can do now is keep wearing masks, social distance and have people stay the * home if they have symptoms or awaiting a test result

Pretty much. Best we can do now is keep wearing masks, social distance and have people stay the fu** home if they have symptoms or awaiting a test result

Must be some positive that while it’s leapt to 300-500 a day it hasn’t jumped further

but government have locked themselves into a position here

Must be some positive that while it’s leapt to 300-500 a day it hasn’t jumped further

but government have locked themselves into a position here
Case numbers do only tell part of the story:

We need to get that positive test rate below 1%. We do that we can slow this thing until we get a vaccine or something

Yesterday was the busiest I have seen supermarkets in ages.

Hopefully a coincidence and not peoppe thinking masks are fully protective.

Also do you really need to take your whole family into the supermarket during a pandemic with social distancing guidelines?

Yesterday was the busiest I have seen supermarkets in ages.

Hopefully a coincidence and not peoppe thinking masks are fully protective.

Also do you really need to take your whole family into the supermarket during a pandemic with social distancing guidelines?
For my mother and I, it's the only reason we can leave the house unless we are going to the doctor

Case numbers do only tell part of the story:

We need to get that positive test rate below 1%. We do that we can slow this thing until we get a vaccine or something

It’s the RO that you need to get below 1. For every one person who gets it there is less than one transmission. When that happens it’s ever declining new case numbers. Given the numbers that are I’m inclined to think we are still above 1. At its absolute best we during infancy of lockdown and serious compliance I think we were able to get the number to 0.80. Introducing lockdown but with mask use it SHOULD start to suppress. it’s fanciful to suggest mask use has no affect. The n95 particle respirator is designed to inhibit virus particles to an extent of 98%. So if everyone were wearing one of those community transmission would be starved.

Locking up more would be like shutting the garage after the car was stolen

No not really. The transmission is all a product of the RO(the stat number of new infections arising from every person who gets the virus). As soon as the RO goes below 1 the new case numbers fall in ever dwindling numbers. With the numbers we have it will take some time to suppress. Mask use will help especially if they are N95 respirators. Ie it’s statistics and never too late for the garage door. It’s merely directly related to RO being below 1. Using N95 particle respirators prevents 98% of airborne particulars including virus particles so has a dramatic affect. Always did

Boris Johnson making the tough decisions and showing strong leadership... tackling obesity, which might keep their death toll below 50000 🙄
How has this guy not been subject to more criticism?

Because their daily cases for the entire country arent that much bigger than our single city of Melbourne now.

And seriously tackling obesity is something every country should be doing anyway, for both long term health care relief and short term COVID relief if possible.

No not really. The transmission is all a product of the RO(the stat number of new infections arising from every person who gets the virus). As soon as the RO goes below 1 the new case numbers fall in ever dwindling numbers. With the numbers we have it will take some time to suppress. Mask use will help especially if they are N95 respirators. Ie it’s statistics and never too late for the garage door. It’s merely directly related to RO being below 1. Using N95 particle respirators prevents 98% of airborne particulars including virus particles so has a dramatic affect. Always did
Do you mean the N95 masks? It's important they are the one without valves. If you have Covid, and you have a valved mask you project the particles further. It does protect you, the wearer, though.

Because their daily cases for the entire country arent that much bigger than our single city of Melbourne now.

And seriously tackling obesity is something every country should be doing anyway, for both long term health care relief and short term COVID relief if possible.

Sorry, I certainly didn’t mean to downplay the importance of any action aimed at tackling obesity.
But really... asking for a nationwide undertaking, triggered by his own predicament, when the pandemic is far from over and their daily case numbers have trended in the wrong direction over the last couple of weeks, wreaks of opportunism and deflection imo.
For a nation that, at least inwardly, loves to see itself as standard bearers of modern civility, and with the benefit of seeing up close the carnage in other Euro nations, their deaths per capita is a disgrace.
While I’m sure he has done other things, three of the big announcements he has made since the onset of the virus were spruiking the herd immunity theory, Cummings did no wrong and now this.... oh that’s right, he stockpiled all the hydroxychloroquine too to make sure his people had enough of the miracle cure.
Not in the same class as Trump and Bolsonaro... but certainly worthy of plenty of criticism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Andrews was like Alistair Clarkson to start with, in the handling of COVID 19. Now he resembles Mark Neeld. Apparently 700+ cases and 13 deaths will be announced today. Completely out of his depth in handling this pandemic.

Daniel Andrews was like Alistair Clarkson to start with, in the handling of COVID 19. Now he resembles Mark Neeld. Apparently 700+ cases and 13 deaths will be announced today. Completely out of his depth in handling this pandemic.

Will just blame everyone else and still be loved by the morons in that state

Personally I think he was doing a great job with Covid until the decision to hire private security in our hotels.

That single decision has crushed Victoria and is one we really should have played safe.

Here we go... the anti-lockdown brigade expecting Andrews to pull a solution out of his a*** while the nation’s leader, seemingly ignorant to the resurgence, applies himself to the real issue at hand of resuming economic growth thru supporting the fossil fuel industry.
Of course it must be the fault of Dan that the private security force failed... nothing to do with the fact that in our decades-long pursuit and promotion of growth and materialistic consumerism, such wasteful extravagances as policing, public health and science have struggled to hold their own.

Here we go... the anti-lockdown brigade expecting Andrews to pull a solution out of his a*** while the nation’s leader, seemingly ignorant to the resurgence, applies himself to the real issue at hand of resuming economic growth thru supporting the fossil fuel industry.
Of course it must be the fault of Dan that the private security force failed... nothing to do with the fact that in our decades-long pursuit and promotion of growth and materialistic consumerism, such wasteful extravagances as policing, public health and science have struggled to hold their own.
Or maybe the fact that Victoria has the lowest funding for contract tracing etc in the country because they chose not to fund it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Or maybe the fact that Victoria has the lowest funding for contract tracing etc in the country because they chose not to fund it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah... thanks for supporting my post.
While Andrews may well have dropped the ball when it comes to tracing, but he’s not Neil Armstrong.

What do you want him to do then? If he tightens lockdowns you will be grinning ear to ear ready to spam 'dictator dan' in this thread.

Politics are irrelevant, theyre in a lose-lose situation no matter what they do. Civilians are the focus cause they are ignoring all the instructions regardless of what they are.

The city looks empty, the suburbs are business as usual. Car parks full in most areas, night and day compared to March/April.

723 new cases in vic today. There has been sufficient time now to start to see impact toward suppression. Instead what we are seeing is continued growth. 58 deaths in the last week in Vic. And we’re nowhere near the peak of either. So it looks like let’s rip indeed or perhaps R.I.P. would be more suitable to the thousands who WILL die. given the attitude of many on this site as a microcosm of greater society it’s not surprising there is meek compliance to let this thing off the chain. After all civil rights (not wearing a mask aka the Bunnings fwit) and avoiding economic inconvenience are waaaaay more important than people’s lives. my heart bleeds at the forthcoming devastation

Last edited:
What do you want him to do then? If he tightens lockdowns you will be grinning ear to ear ready to spam 'dictator dan' in this thread.

Politics are irrelevant, theyre in a lose-lose situation no matter what they do. Civilians are the focus cause they are ignoring all the instructions regardless of what they are.

The city looks empty, the suburbs are business as usual. Car parks full in most areas, night and day compared to March/April.

Stop blaming everyone and go back in time and not be a stubborn moron
Covers his mates at cedar meats, ignored advice on masks on restrictions refused federal help etc
Nsw stopped the protests and went to court etc, dan didnt

I think he should step aside
If a liberal premier was doing what dan Andrews does he would be run out of town

But you can blindly support him while the ship sinks there

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back