Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

another 650 cases in Vic and with 25% of those with it not staying in quarantine and a number of Bunnings Karen’s infiltrating the human ranks......vic looks screwed. The rest of community needs to start shaming these idiots

Nsw numbers coming down overnight from 21 to 12 but with 3 being unknown source mmmmm there is still high hopes for Nsw

Stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne until 13 September:
- From 6pm tonight shopping is one person per household, within 5km of home
- Daily exercise is 1 hour, max 2 people, within 5km of home
- Curfew 8pm to 5am unless you're at work, giving or getting care
Regional Victoria is being put under Stage 3 restrictions

Take care my Victorian BF family :heart:

thers been a lot of Bs in this thread from people with multiple views

whatever, we are all swans fans, and mostly all australians and this situation is bs

we are lucky so far here, but for what its worth anyone even if i piss you off, or we had words etc i am happy to listen if you need a vent or a chat, anything to help you cope

take care espeically our vic friends

Wondering what’s going to happen with construction

I reckon it'll stay open. I think it will be considered essential and afaik there havent been cases linked to construction have there? Working outside would help your case a lot too.

Thank you for everyone wishing us well. This is going to suck for a lot of people. And there are people out there who are going to suffer despite following all the rules and sacrificing a lot already. I havent left the house for anything but essentials since Feb and its soul crushing that its effectively been for nothing and who knows whats going to happen in the next few weeks.

The angriest people are the ones who stopped giving a s**t who are also the people largely responsible for it getting to this stage in the first place.

Dan Andrews and/or his team almost certainly have a lot to answer for with the initial outbreak, but imo trying to plead and reason with selfish assholes was his bigger mistake cause it delayed the flattening for too long. We were fast acting the first time around and it worked, but it was slow and calculated the second time and it was too slow.

If the numbers cant start declining by the halfway point of this one its game over.

Please lets just get rid of this thing.

I liked this statement by Nick Kyrgios about the US Open:

Sensible decision not to play IMO. Never thought he'd be the voice of reason in these times.

Liberal or Labor Premier is irrelevant. It seems that even if the government had taken the best course of action it wouldn't have mattered because people are people and there are far too many of them who think that rules don't apply to them.
We live in a time where we are reaping what we have sown by elevating the 'rights' of the individual over the needs of the community. It is more uncommon now for people to make personal sacrifices for the good of others.
I am sounding like an old man but I see this everywhere and the whole refusal to isolate or even wear masks is just the latest manifestation of it.
The chief medical officer said nearly every case could be traced back to the hotel quarantine breaches. If Dan hadn't screwed that up then the issue wouldn't have arisen.
If he also hadn't imposed the strictest rules at the start (most which were pointless such as banning golf etc) and yet basically caved into protests for BLM it told people that rules weren't either useful or required to be upheld. Combine that with the Victorian charter or rights which says you can't detain people (even when infected) and you have the perfect storm

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Shout out to all our Vic (& Melb) based BF family.

No matter your allegiances, if you agree or not, we are all in this together. We are always humans first. All your fellow Swans BF posters are with you.

I hope you can all help flatten the curve by doing the right thing. Even if you disagree. Even if you hate it. I thank you for sucking it up, swallowing your pride & doing what all of the health experts have agreed is the best course of action. Lock down & please stay safe people. We need every single one of you back cheering our boys on when the time comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whys South Australia decided to overreact now,
fu** me, getting pathetic

The premiers are probably terrified of the consequences of an outbreak which they know they won't be able to handle...

The premiers are probably terrified of the consequences of an outbreak which they know they won't be able to handle...

Yep...but you can not have rallies, parties and what not though. The states that have done well are pretty well placed

Should be more scared of the long term damage they are doing to the country

I mean for example there were less registered deaths in Victoria in 2020 for July than 2019

in fact July 2019 was higher than every month this year

but s**t south aus got two cases more restrictions thanks .

Should be more scared of the long term damage they are doing to the country

I mean for example there were less registered deaths in Victoria in 2020 for July than 2019

in fact July 2019 was higher than every month this year

but sh*t south aus got two cases more restrictions thanks .

Not all premiers are as silly as Dan. Wouldn't be pointing fingers at SA, they have done this well, got it under control..so have QLD, WA, and Tassie have done well too

Not all premiers are as silly as Dan. Wouldn't be pointing fingers at SA, they have done this well, got it under control..so have QLD, WA, and Tassie have done well too

Oh Dan takes the cake for incompetent but he did that pre covid too

No idea how the federal government has convinced everybody this is not an issue to be handled at a federal level and up to each state on how to tackle.......

Because states run the health care system administration I guess?
Need a section 122 expert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back