Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the difficulty in comparing Australia to the rest of the world is that we are entering Winter.

The absolute isolation is just buying time. Time to get the hospitals ready and to get sufficient treatment in place.

I think there’ll be some relaxation of the rules for those who can’t work remotely. Those who can will have to.

School for Term 2 and probably Term 3 will be done remotely if at all.

You can forget footy.

But I reckon Spring Carnival is going to be nuts. Might ask the wife for a leave pass. After 6 months I reckon there’s every chance I’ll get it.

The vaccine is one thing, the main thing for this isolation is to "flatten the curve" so to speak. It's doing that, and giving the hospitals some respite.

Secondly, there is hope that drugs will be available by mid year to help at least save these lives. It's not a vaccine but there is hope there, that's the thing being developed in QLD I think from memory.

The reality is there will be deaths, however whilst it's never a good thing, the caveat is that most are in the older cohort. I'd rather no deaths though.

The vaccine won't be available till next year at the earliest (usually takes 12-18mths at least)

I hope we see more of a plan

depressing seeing so many business in a hold

There sort of is a plan though.

1. Flatten the curve (that is going on now)

2. Develop anti-viral drugs/medicines (I firmly believe the answer might be in these medicines)- again happening NOW.
Note: 2-3 month shutdown of non essential sectors

3. Distribute anti viral drugs (around July or so)

4. Jan-March 2021 vaccine if all things go well

5. If not the anti viral drugs will suffice.

Oh good now the AFL's tossing up putting all 18 clubs in quarantine in one location. That's an effective way to write out a massive chunk of footy players who have children.

If it gets the game on the park a month sooner whats the problem? If they want to get paid handsomely (and they still are with these pay cuts), they should have to get on the field ASAP.

FIFO workers do that all the time, for up to four weeks at a time. Not sure what the issue is?

Yep they do. But these aren't FIFO workers we're talking about. I'm sure there are plenty who will do it without a moment's hesitation, but I'm willing to bet there will be plenty who won't.

Yep they do. But these aren't FIFO workers we're talking about. I'm sure there are plenty who will do it without a moment's hesitation, but I'm willing to bet there will be plenty who won't.

Then they can find another job, bet you they won't. It's only for a short time. FaceTime and Skype are there.

People fined for going for a drive ha ha fu** me this is getting pretty ridiculous for a free country

Which virus is more dangerous, COVID-19 or communism?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People fined for going for a drive ha ha fu** me this is getting pretty ridiculous for a free country

IMO essential workers should have some form of certification they can have with them as proof they need to be out. Not sure how cops would be able to judge those just going to the shops etc.

But evidently people still aren't getting the message. Beaches in NSW were still crowded over the weekend. House party up the road from me on Saturday night. So while we are a free country, that's a privilege. I don't blame the government for clamping down if the population is exploiting that privilege at such a serious time.

IMO essential workers should have some form of certification they can have with them as proof they need to be out. Not sure how cops would be able to judge those just going to the shops etc.

But evidently people still aren't getting the message. Beaches in NSW were still crowded over the weekend. House party up the road from me on Saturday night. So while we are a free country, that's a privilege. I don't blame the government for clamping down if the population is exploiting that privilege at such a serious time.

We normally don’t trust the government to organise the nbn or funding for day care or bank Enquiries but now they are all knowing and wonderful

Someone out driving non their l Plates gets a police fine is too far imo

We normally don’t trust the government to organise the nbn or funding for day care or bank Enquiries but now they are all knowing and wonderful

Someone out driving non their l Plates gets a police fine is too far imo

It is too far I agree, but there are also still so many people who don't seem to grasp that normal life has to hit pause right now, and the government did tell us that if the population had just adhered to the initial measures put in place weeks ago, it wouldn't have to go any further. Too many people did not listen, so the government is now delivering on that threat.

The government is also no better than us. It was they who were slow to react IMO and sent the wrong message in the early stages re self-isolation and such. It was also the government who allowed an infected ******* cruise ship to dock in NSW that has now contributed to a third of our total deaths. Doesn't mean we shouldn't follow their guidelines they've put in place to keep us as a country safe.

This guy has a 99.9% success rate treating COVID-19 patients. (One outpatient died after not following protocol.)

This guy has a 99.9% success rate treating COVID-19 patients. (One outpatient died after not following protocol.)

From what I’ve read it’s the overactive immune response of own immune system that causes ARDS and attack on healthy lung cells that ultimately kills you. Zinc helps to stop that by putting a brake on immune response. So too Berberine and Turmeric as anti inflammatories apparently.

It’s heartening that a regime that works seems to have been developed.

Government fighting over passing job keeper lol

It has to get through, since the government has effectively shut down the economy. They need to get money into people's pockets as quickly as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back