Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course you know better than Australia's chief medical officer who has said it can't be eradicated without a vaccine.
I have read all the WHO information on this. Murphy has bumbled along from day one. His protocols have led to 650 infections in NSW and 11 deaths. He should have been sacked for his inability to institute Pandemic Protocols immediately. The measures that were eventually put into place were called for in February but not instituted until late March. His whole response has been reactive not proactive.

The information on COVID 19 from researchers is not saying it can only be killed by a vaccine. In fact Chinese research is saying Chloroform and hospital strength disinfectant kill it. Also temps over 65C also kill it. There is a lot of research that indicates that if the virus cannot find a new host it will die. Read the research not off the cuff comments by Brendan Murphy. What's more that comment was rash, ill thought out and incomprehensible. Why would you cause even more fear than there already is?

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have read all the WHO information on this. Murphy has bumbled along from day one. His protocols have led to 650 infections in NSW and 11 deaths. He should have been sacked for his inability to institute Pandemic Protocols immediately. The measures that were eventually put into place were called for in February but not instituted until late March. His whole response has been reactive not proactive.

The information on COVID 19 from researchers is not saying it can only be killed by a vaccine. In fact Chinese research is saying Chloroform and hospital strength disinfectant kill it. Also temps over 65C also kill it. There is a lot of research that indicates that if the virus cannot find a new host it will die. Read the research not off the cuff comments by Brendan Murphy. What's more that comment was rash, ill thought out and incomprehensible. Why would you cause even more fear than there already is?

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The WHO? They said coronavirus couldn’t be passed from human to human. Game over.

That's a false equivalency though. SARS affects very few people, so there is little demand for the development of a cure.

A better example is Ebola. For years people had been working on treatments for Ebola and similar viruses, but with only a few cases in poor and rural African countries, there was no market for development and now way for large-scale human testing. So it never went any further. With the last major outbreak, suddenly it became a global threat. All of a sudden we had a cure for ebola within a few months.

The first person/company to get a COVID cure to market is going to be stupidly rich and famous. We will have one sooner, rather than later.
It is a coronavirus though - so clearly they're not easy to deal with.

Do we eliminate by late June
modelling-v-reality_blog-1.png

or is it off the table?

Do we eliminate by late June
modelling-v-reality_blog-1.png

or is it off the table?

It's theoretically possible that we could eliminate it, but we'd have to keep the borders closed for a long time...

We have done well at containing it so far. It's too early to think about lifting the restrictions, but we're at least in a position where we have time to come up with a plan that doesn't wreck the economy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 cases in NSW yesterday. NSW has less cases than NZ with a larger population and more testing. We even have the Ruby Princess to contend with. Without a vaccine we can’t stay at home forever.

Schools and work restrictions will be lifted in mid May. Other restrictions will stay in place. NRL won’t to be far off a May 28 start.

7 cases in NSW yesterday. NSW has less cases than NZ with a larger population and more testing. We even have the Ruby Princess to contend with. Without a vaccine we can’t stay at home forever.

Schools and work restrictions will be lifted in mid May. Other restrictions will stay in place. NRL won’t to be far off a May 28 start.

VERY optimistic. Restrictions won't be lifted till we are at a zero level or a vaccine and considering the vaccine is a good 12 months away good luck with that. July is probably pushing it in terms of getting some restrictions lifted. They won't release all the restrictions at once, will be bit by bit.

Media are running dry on stories without the surge of covid-19 cases.

VERY optimistic. Restrictions won't be lifted till we are at a zero level or a vaccine and considering the vaccine is a good 12 months away good luck with that. July is probably pushing it in terms of getting some restrictions lifted. They won't release all the restrictions at once, will be bit by bit.
I applied the general numbers of 7 cases in NSW with a population of 7.5 million. If that’s overly optimistic I’m happy to sail that boat.

The weather in Sydney this week is mid to high twenties. I’ve got more chance of being sun burnt than I do of contracting COVID 19.

At the end of the day how long will you jump at your own shadow?

I applied the general numbers of 7 cases in NSW with a population of 7.5 million. If that’s overly optimistic I’m happy to sail that boat.

The weather in Sydney this week is mid to high twenties. I’ve got more chance of being sun burnt than I do of contracting COVID 19.

At the end of the day how long will you jump at your own shadow?

I personally feel that lifting these restrictions much before the end of Winter is highly dangerous. The cooler weather is what can cause it to spread more.

I personally feel that lifting these restrictions much before the end of Winter is highly dangerous. The cooler weather is what can cause it to spread more.

like last time covid 19 swept through?

like last time covid 19 swept through?

It is going to be worse in Winter as the flu season will be doubled with this virus...and then we have the brain dead muppets that are anti vaxxers

It is going to be worse in Winter as the flu season will be doubled with this virus...and then we have the brain dead muppets that are anti vaxxers

And the ****ing statistics will be blown out of all proportion by people who have chest infections incorrectly counted as suffering from Covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back