Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

And the ****ing statistics will be blown out of all proportion by people who have chest infections incorrectly counted as suffering from Covid.
What are you basing this on mate?

Think that that is very unlikely to happen...

As I said SMALL things can go back, that may be gyms or cafe's. Just don't relax all of them. Get to the end of Winter that is the main thing.
Gyms, clubs, pubs, theatres etc are at the very end of the return to normal list...

No but you can protect yourself and your family. You should have 2-3 months worth or reserves, yes I have a bit more as I've been budgeting my whole life but in general a 2-3 month worth or reserves is reasonable to expect.

Of course the assistance has to be paid back, what do you recon it is...a handout lol

thats just *en stupid, the stats show people dont have that

so when everyones homeless and ****ed the solution is ohh you should have prepared for the forced loss of your job you lazy pricks

i dont reckon its a handout you raised it as being there, i told you it had to be paid back

basically you are ok for a few months so the whole planet should be seems to be the arguement

that will work

I found the story about Bernie, TAS rather interesting, 43 cases in a week out of a cluster. Two hospitals shut, quarantine for all. The long incubation period can mean a fortnight of transmission to track down at a time. We soft launch and these stories will be the new normal. We can't pretend to be able to throttle the spread of this to match our hospitals til a vaccine is developed in the face of being able to suppress it. That's hubris.

Use this opportunity to suppress the virus through extended lockdown (77 days at least), and nail shut our borders. Then soft launch.

Rapid testing is where it's going to be at
Absolutely! Get it right, do it slowly, section by section and do it once!!!

I'm more in the 120 days team, but I'm fine with it being earlier.

If it takes another six to eight weeks then so be it, but get it right and do it once!

It's not up to the government to bail everyone out because the are spending more than is coming in. It's not rocket science there, and that's not just me or you. Don't buy properties and or cars that are not in line with your income. By all means have hobbies, but have a means to repay them.

Schools can go online, and the school holidays now are handy as this can be done by the start of next term.

As the PM said, this is a 6 month minimum process, and you have to be prepared for that. There are payments from the government to help people in need anyway, and this is a good thing.
Don't be silly! Not everyone has that opportunity!

There are plenty who don't have capacity (for one reason or another) to earn more than $30-$35K pa. And they manage... they buy homes, raise kids, save for a rainy day, have full and interesting lives and don't throw their money away... but they DON'T have capacity to cope with this.

Don't talk about them as if that is their fault or somehow they've mismanaged their money... it's rude and it's ignorant.

Have a young daughter and I come from large family. Have been around others my whole life. Lessons and teaching can be online. It’s only for a year. Yes the accessibility and ability to contact is an issue but then surely there’s FaceTime and what not.
And what about the single parent or low income families with a couple of early teenage kids at home who work at the likes of Woolies and Coles? They ARE lucky enough to still have a job BUT they are getting abused at work like never before because old billy was told they'd have toilet paper in stock today but it never arrived, then they have to go home to home school their kids! I know when my kids were early teens there is no way they would have been spending their days doing work on line if I or my husband wasn't standing over them, it was tough enough to get them to do their homework and you want schools closed for a year!!!!
I don't know how old you are, but from the reading of your posts it seems to me that you fit perfectly into the "I'm alright Jack, F everyone else" generation.
It's a big wide world out there with millions suffering and it's my personal opinion that the long term side effects ie mental illness, poverty etc will have far worse repercussions than the actual virus.

And give me a break, you put money aside for a pandemic? Really???

Have a young daughter and I come from large family. Have been around others my whole life. Lessons and teaching can be online. It’s only for a year. Yes the accessibility and ability to contact is an issue but then surely there’s FaceTime and what not.
Are you a teacher LP1? Didn't think so, maybe you should speak to my wife who is a secondary school maths teacher about just how easy it is to teach online.

Obviously with all your insight into teaching you'd understand things like kids with learning difficulties who need more 1 on 1 instruction than others, or maybe things like internet connection problems, or maybe now our house with 3 children has now had to convert our tv room to a virtual classroom.

Teachers are getting away with a less onerous role at the moment. Put the course up for the week and no interaction there after. Maybe it will improve with term 2.
Which state and level is your child at. If your teacher is putting up a week's work then ceasing contact after that, you would be very, very unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are all free to do what we want in the end I guess.
It just costs some more than others, both financially & health wise.

I guess it only is a threat to the ill & old people.:rolleyes:

Sick and elderly tend to die sorry to be the first to break this to you

hosptials arent usually filled with healthy people

people wont sit and watch the career go to s**t while politicians with safe jobs tell them its for the good of the nation forever
Literally my life right now is sitting around watching my career and industry be dead

people wont sit and watch the career go to s**t while politicians with safe jobs tell them its for the good of the nation forever

This is the thing that shits me most about the whole thing. They tell us we are saving lives, but for many people without work right now, the economy IS life.
This situation is made for someone like Trump IMO, who can weigh up economic and health concerns.
I think Morrison and Frydenberg have the right idea, as they know that smaller businesses are the ones that need the assistance the most, as they employ a significant number of people. But they're stuck because they can't just ignore the medical advice.

For those of you interested in stats this lad has some goof stuff

New York makes up around a third of the total coronavirus cases in the US, which isn't surprising given the high population density there.

Absolutely! Get it right, do it slowly, section by section and do it once!!!

I'm more in the 120 days team, but I'm fine with it being earlier.

If it takes another six to eight weeks then so be it, but get it right and do it once!
Only six weeks until NRL returns to action Thursday night 28th May. They have a letter from the NSW Police Commissioner saying it's ok. Maybe the AFL needs one of those letters.

This situation is made for someone like Trump IMO, who can weigh up economic and health concerns.
He gutted the specific body set up to deal with pandemics, repeatedly dismissed it as a hoax, and has been bankrupted more times than I've had hot dinners, even after inheriting hundreds of millions of dollars.

What evidence is there that he could competently weigh up these concerns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back