Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

I was probably more getting onto it should go the other way... It should be a specialty & build on top of and above CA/CPA level.

Like you can get a bachelor in medicine & be a GP and stay there or go above & beyond, doing 5 years extra etc, and become a surgeon or something.

I sell the fact I can't (& won't) give advice as being a positive. I can't swindle you. I am impartial, not aligned with anything that isn't in your very best interests. I give you facts & help you achieve your goals.... Not like a financial planner or broker would. Simple.

The integrity of Accountancy hinges on that high level of trust & ethics which frankly most financial planners do not compare. They are tarnishing the industry & the image of good, clean, ethical, hard working Accountants with their poor quality work, poor quality/self-promoting advice & general flippancy as to aspects & outcomes of the clients that underpin our whole business model...

Aaannnyyywaaaayyyy....

How bout that COVID huh? Bugger isn't it?

Can you ELI5 the difference between a CA and a CPA?

I was probably more getting onto it should go the other way... It should be a specialty & build on top of and above CA/CPA level.

Like you can get a bachelor in medicine & be a GP and stay there or go above & beyond, doing 5 years extra etc, and become a surgeon or something.

I sell the fact I can't (& won't) give advice as being a positive. I can't swindle you. I am impartial, not aligned with anything that isn't in your very best interests. I give you facts & help you achieve your goals.... Not like a financial planner or broker would. Simple.

The integrity of Accountancy hinges on that high level of trust & ethics which frankly most financial planners do not compare. They are tarnishing the industry & the image of good, clean, ethical, hard working Accountants with their poor quality work, poor quality/self-promoting advice & general flippancy as to aspects & outcomes of the clients that underpin our whole business model...

Aaannnyyywaaaayyyy....

How bout that COVID huh? Bugger isn't it?

Last edited:

Takes a very special person to liken the gathering of people to protest Black Lives Matter, to the need to attend a game of football... or worse still... to have real live crowd noise at said game whilst sitting at their keyboard watching on TV.

Is this what they call “White Privilege?

There have been no new cases in NSW for over a week now. Needs to go 2 weeks I understand for them to say it’s eradicated. What it does show is that they have timed reopening impeccably knowing that the contact tracing would effectively stamp it out. The NSW medical team are to be congratulated really. Wonderful job. Being able to open up sooner than anyone expected will be a boon to economic and job recovery.

There have been no new cases in NSW for over a week now. Needs to go 2 weeks I understand for them to say it’s eradicated. What it does show is that they have timed reopening impeccably knowing that the contact tracing would effectively stamp it out. The NSW medical team are to be congratulated really. Wonderful job. Being able to open up sooner than anyone expected will be a boon to economic and job recovery.
good website is covid-live. has all the figures you need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A CA/CPA professionsl accountant completes both 3-4 years of uni & 3 (or more) years on top to get qualified... then quite a solid committment to ongoing continuing professional development throughout their careers (as required by the fairly strict code of conduct they are bound to).... Yet idiots with a TAFE certificate can be "financial advisers" & get a tax agent registration & steal those clients from under the Accountants nose because they can give more forward/frank advice... go figure.

The accountant industry could have owned the financial advisory space but they squibbed it. Would have saved a lot of trauma.

Am I a bad person for limiting myself to only talking about things I feel I'm informed about?

This is an online website encouraging debate on subjects. You can do as you please and nothing (good OR bad) turns on whether you contribute or don’t. But if you choose not to then at least you’d be part of the minority who don’t engage in insults ridicule berating trolling and the other mindless activities taking place. That’s got to be good

There is what is called the dark triad of psyche disorders. Narcissism Machiavellian and Pyschopathy. He’s about the only person I’ve seen who has all three disorders in varying degree. A truly sick individual I’m afraid
And yet the most offensive thing said in political discourse in recent years was uttered by Joe Biden only a couple of weeks ago.

Trump is an unmitigated *******. There is no question about that. But the arrogance and contempt of the Democrats towards middle America is the reason he is President.

Daniel Andrews is a treasonous commie. No doubt about that. But as I said to Michael O’Brien at a footy match a year or so ago “Don’t be bitching to me about red shirts and unions. You were in power and did sweet * all. Next time be a better government. And don’t be dining with crooks.”

And yet the most offensive thing said in political discourse in recent years was uttered by Joe Biden only a couple of weeks ago.

Trump is an unmitigated *******. There is no question about that. But the arrogance and contempt of the Democrats towards middle America is the reason he is President.

Daniel Andrews is a treasonous commie. No doubt about that. But as I said to Michael O’Brien at a footy match a year or so ago “Don’t be bitching to me about red shirts and unions. You were in power and did sweet fu** all. Next time be a better government. And don’t be dining with crooks.”

Not buying into USA politics. Don’t care. But given he’s been president and as such affects world stage I’ve observed him closely.

You think he’s ok. That’s fine. Everyone has entitlement to their opinion. I don’t. In fact I think he is dangerous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back