Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

I've observed people down at the local shops not checking in via QR - its making it so hard for contact tracers. Especially when you have so many out in the community

Read somewhere that contact tracing is beyond impossible once it passes 20 cases a day

Meanwhile RWNJ anti lockdown and hippy anti vaxxers are having demos today. These people are potential killers. Scoop them up and drop them Back of Bourke. Some Nissan Huts and air dropped food and well guarded and nasty perimeter fencing.

If a single person dies from the virus that is linked through these demos, the organisers need to be charged with manslaughter.

Hell chuck Bolt, Jones and the Murdoch family in as well.

Meanwhile RWNJ anti lockdown and hippy anti vaxxers are having demos today. These people are potential killers. Scoop them up and drop them Back of Bourke. Some Nissan Huts and air dropped food and well guarded and nasty perimeter fencing.

If a single person dies from the virus that is linked through these demos, the organisers need to be charged with manslaughter.

I hear the middle of the Tasman is good this time of year. Perhaps if they are so keen on living without necessary lockdowns they could swim halfway across to New Zealand?

interesting , because theres been little to no community transmisson in outdoor settings in the country

so the protests dont seem to matter, but a convenient target for community anger instead of the draconian government restrictions "for your own good" the government cares

two weeks to flatten the curve i guess

better run as this is the echo chamber thread where a suggestion against continual lockdowns means you want people to die

and no i personally wouldnt join a protest, but then again im not being stopped from feeding my family or working

maybe police can stop patting themselves on the back today and crack down on wife beaters, rapists, child abusers and drug dealers as well as they do "protestors"

Last edited:
interesting , because theres been little to no community transmisson in outdoor settings in the country

so the protests dont seem to matter, but a convenient target for community anger instead of the draconian government restrictions "for your own good" the government cares

better run as this is the echo chamber thread where a suggestion against continual lockdowns means you want people to die

and no i personally wouldnt join a protest, but then again im not being stopped from feeding my family or working

maybe police can stop patting themselves on the back today and crack down on wife beaters, rapists, child abusers and drug dealers as well as they do "protestors"
You may have already said this, so I am sorry for possibly tredding old ground but what is your alternative to masks and lockdowns? Going back to March last year as well

EDIT: Should probably add I am just curious and don't really plan to add much to your thoughts

Respectfully, It's not an echo chamber just because you're in the minority with some of your opinions here. A real echo chamber would have banned you for having the opposing opinions or something like that.

It's not like I want to be in lockdown and frankly it's not what the governments want either, which should be clear by how bad Gladys has ****ed it because she was so hesitant to go into lockdown that she basically gave up. Even my favourite dictator opened up (mostly) quicker than ever because we know lockdowns are s**t.

Governments now are all too keen to take rights away, but the fact that they keep giving them back again in regards to lockdowns tells me that this is not going to be an issue of lost rights any time soon and therefore the protestors are just wrong. And that's ignoring the blatantly evil or dumb ones who think COVID never existed, or the ones who not only refuse to get vaccinated but want to persuade others to not get vaccinated.

Frankly the damage to our rights has been done and dusted for years and no one cared until now because its in their face and they're living with it instead of everything bubbling away behind the scenes like normal.

This thread is am echo chamber.

No one queries why Qld shuts down the NRL and AFL for 6 cases.

Tokyo has thousands of cases today but the Olympics rolls a long.

We are poorly governed at state level and have a PM who‘s lost control of the states.

6 cases for what?

We are poorly governed at state level and have a PM who‘s lost control of the states.

I would agree with that. The lockdowns are because we are poorly governed and would struggle to cope with the number of cases that Tokyo is reporting right now. It doesn't matter if most of the cases are mild, it only needs a small % of them to be serious and we would be in trouble.

I would agree with that. The lockdowns are because we are poorly governed and would struggle to cope with the number of cases that Tokyo is reporting right now. It doesn't matter if most of the cases are mild, it only needs a small % of them to be serious and we would be in trouble.
Our hospital system lowkey sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky News banned from uploading on YouTube for a week after copping a strike for COVID misinformation

Not a fan of banning news outlets regardless of what side of politics they might sit on. Yes remove clear misinformation that is posted from their opinion hosts that overstep but to ban a news outlet entirely is an overstep IMO

Not a fan of banning news outlets regardless of what side of politics they might sit on. Yes remove clear misinformation that is posted from their opinion hosts that overstep but to ban a news outlet entirely is an overstep IMO
User X fails to comply with Terms of Service of an Independantly owned company, cops the ban. Could be you, me or a privately owned media company

but it is such a small portion of the Murdoch empire

This reminds me of Josh Giddey getting asked a weird question in his pre nba draft media interview...lmao

God dont get me started on NBA media

If people think AFL media is bad jfc....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back