Discussion COVID-19 Discussion - Vaccines, Lockdowns and Horse Dewormer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which murder are you discussing here?

To me it looks like the way the police would deal with someone who have been violently avoiding arrest.
If there was not such a prelude to the episode, it is certainly over the top. I assume they have protocols for restraining people, just like the AFL have protocols for tackling people.

Answer to question: No. Its a form of personal attack to keep asking those sort of questions. But George agrees with you so he doesn't care.
"Looks like", "Assume". You are quick to judge, you did it before with the 70 year old woman being pushed over too. How about you just comment on what you saw in the video without your biases.

What is personal about asking you questions. If you can't answer them without getting in your feelings that's not my problem.

Did they bring any Pepsi with them today? Might have better luck offering the coppers that when they ask them to join with them today.
LOL, reminded me of this

Nobody is disagreeing with that. I would hope we could hold everyone to account, whether you agree with their views or not. But for you to say the people you support don't push an agenda and that the police don't have their story told is just nonsense.

Do you consider that we have a particularly violent police force?
These guys are going in against a hostile mob, knowing that there are 1000 cameras watching their every move.
Maybe that was an out of the blue piece of violence, as insinuated by random blogger, if it is it should be investigated and discipline taken.

But the "heee's back" and the lack of surprise by the cop who was talking to the guy make me think it wont amount to anything. It seems to me like something has already happened , probably resisting arrest.

Does anyone here know the methods police are meant to use to restrain someone under various circumstances? I don't.

"Looks like", "Assume". You are quick to judge, you did it before with the 70 year old woman being pushed over too. How about you just comment on what you saw in the video without your biases.

What is personal about asking you questions. If you can't answer them without getting in your feelings that's not my problem.

We all assume.
You assume the "70 year old woman " was a 70 year old woman.
When it looked more like a 35 year old man, i assumed that's what it was.

Why ask if i enjoyed seeing an american citizen killed by american cops? Context?

The video clearly only shows part of something. Its the other part we don't see that determines whether its ok or not.
Meanwhile i'm not going to get sucked in and run around the street screaming brutality.

Do you consider that we have a particularly violent police force?
These guys are going in against a hostile mob, knowing that there are 1000 cameras watching their every move.
Maybe that was an out of the blue piece of violence, as insinuated by random blogger, if it is it should be investigated and discipline taken.

But the "heee's back" and the lack of surprise by the cop who was talking to the guy make me think it wont amount to anything. It seems to me like something has already happened , probably resisting arrest.

Does anyone here know the methods police are meant to use to restrain someone under various circumstances? I don't.
No. I don't think blanket statements are very productive whether that be protesters are violent or police are violent. I don't think all police or protesters are violent, but sure as hell there's some violent protesters and some violent police.

You don't need to explain the situation to me. I know what is happening. I know they have a difficult job, especially during these times. But lets stop deflecting and focus on what was in the content of the video. Maybe it was out of the blue, maybe it wasn't. It doesn't really matter. A person was standing surrounded by police and one came up behind him and smashed his head into the concrete. Attacking people that are not an immediate threat are not actions I support. "Something has already happened, probably resisting arrest" - again I ask - how about we stop speculating in the hope of downplaying the incident. It's excessive force, it shouldn't be applied in this instance. It's as simple as that, the hypotheticals and scenarios surrounding the event are irrelevant.

We all assume.
You assume the "70 year old woman " was a 70 year old woman.
When it looked more like a 35 year old man, i assumed that's what it was.

Why ask if i enjoyed seeing an american citizen killed by american cops? Context?

The video clearly only shows part of something. Its the other part we don't see that determines whether its ok or not.
Meanwhile i'm not going to get sucked in and run around the street screaming brutality.
I didn't assume anything if you took the time to read back over the conversation. I'm not the one that originally posted it, all I did was respond to you because you tried to downplay it by making assumptions which is what you've done pretty much all the way though. You were being hypocritical by saying in one instance that the 70 year old was outed for being a man in drag, then minutes later you said you'd be happy to wait for an investigation. I was responding to the hypocritical nature of what you said. I didn't discuss the content in the video at all. At least you admit you assumed. You should stop doing that.

I didn't ask you if you enjoyed George Floyd's death either. You are getting confused.

You aren't going to get sucked in? Like you got sucked in to believing a 70 year old was actually a man in drag when the video "clearly only shows part of something". Your mental gymnastic skill is unmatched.

No. I don't think blanket statements are very productive whether that be protesters are violent or police are violent. I don't think all police or protesters are violent, but sure as hell there's some violent protesters and some violent police.

You don't need to explain the situation to me. I know what is happening. I know they have a difficult job, especially during these times. But lets stop deflecting and focus on what was in the content of the video. Maybe it was out of the blue, maybe it wasn't. It doesn't really matter. A person was standing surrounded by police and one came up behind him and smashed his head into the concrete. Attacking people that are not an immediate threat are not actions I support. "Something has already happened, probably resisting arrest" - again I ask - how about we stop speculating in the hope of downplaying the incident. It's excessive force, it shouldn't be applied in this instance. It's as simple as that, the hypotheticals and scenarios surrounding the event are irrelevant.

I didn't assume anything if you took the time to read back over the conversation. I'm not the one that originally posted it, all I did was respond to you because you tried to downplay it by making assumptions which is what you've done pretty much all the way though. You were being hypocritical by saying in one instance that the 70 year old was outed for being a man in drag, then minutes later you said you'd be happy to wait for an investigation. I was responding to the hypocritical nature of what you said. I didn't discuss the content in the video at all. At least you admit you assumed. You should stop doing that.

I didn't ask you if you enjoyed George Floyd's death either. You are getting confused.

You aren't going to get sucked in? Like you got sucked in to believing a 70 year old was actually a man in drag when the video "clearly only shows part of something". Your mental gymnastic skill is unmatched.

If i think cops threw a 70 YO woman to the ground during a protest , it might upset me a bit. If i doubt she's a 70 YO woman i'm not going to emotionally invest in it.
Similarly i'm not going to be outraged by that video ( that has its agenda clearly labelled on it ) of the guy being slammed onto the ground. I see a guy being brought down strongly, in a manner that will not result in police being hurt.

There's been plenty of real police brutality ( see below ), but in the city over the last few days there are obviously people trying to manufacture it. Under those circumstances i'll need a higher burden of proof before i give a s**t.

No you didn't ask that question. That was the question that someone else asked. You asked what was personal about asking questions, there was no purpose to that question other than as an attack. Several others commented on it.

Are you on drugs or something? for example, is no different from saying "You are on drugs "

Hi guys!
Well I think it's safe to say the experiment has failed, and I don't think this topic can lead to productive discussions here.
We want a place where people can talk and relate and have a bit of a sense of community, but it seems when an issue is this contentious, this isn't the right environment for it. To me it feels like all this thread is doing is causing stress and anguish and there is nothing positive to be gained from carrying on.

There are several dedicated boards where these kinds of topics can be explored and discussed, so feel free to check these out.

:syringe: Society, Religion and Politics

👮‍♂️ Crime

🔬 Science

:poo: Bay 13

Don't be afraid to reach out if you're struggling, need to vent or just to talk.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back