COVID-19 in sport/AFL. News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic out of control. NSW struggling.
QLD borders closing again could be a real possibility?
Next 2 weeks will decide NSW fate. Positive news is that all today's 16 cases were from known contacts. It all started with one positive person traveling from Victoria.

I'll take 16 cases every day of week. Especially given they have traced them all.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, especially with such a serious pandemic happening, but in our province here of around 700K pop. (about same size as Gold Coast), we haven't had a reported case since 3rd April and only 6 in total, with no deaths.

But we still have a "State of Emergency" in place and there's talk today to extend that til the end of August.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, especially with such a serious pandemic happening, but in our province here of around 700K pop. (about same size as Gold Coast), we haven't had a reported case since 3rd April and only 6 in total, with no deaths.

But we still have a "State of Emergency" in place and there's talk today to extend that til the end of August.
how's the economy going there? is it all opening back up or is the "state of emergency" still a lockdown of sorts?

how's the economy going there? is it all opening back up or is the "state of emergency" still a lockdown of sorts?

In our province, most businesses are now open but we must wear a mask and get our temperature checked whenever we enter. The International Airports are still closed, only domestic travel is allowed. Unemployment is high and incomes have been slashed. My wife buys and sells at the markets 7 days a week and where she was taking 2-3000 baht ($90-140) before restrictions, some days now it's only 400-500baht. By the time you take out operating costs, theres not a lot left for the 50 hrs p/wk she has to put in. And most everyday Thais are in the same boat and not too many of them are supporting the bloke in charge.

There hasn't been a reported local case in Thailand for 60 days in a pop. of 65 million. In my opinion, The State of Emergency, which has just today been extended til the 31st August, is for Political purposes only.

In our province, most businesses are now open but we must wear a mask and get our temperature checked whenever we enter. The International Airports are still closed, only domestic travel is allowed. Unemployment is high and incomes have been slashed. My wife buys and sells at the markets 7 days a week and where she was taking 2-3000 baht ($90-140) before restrictions, some days now it's only 400-500baht. By the time you take out operating costs, theres not a lot left for the 50 hrs p/wk she has to put in. And most everyday Thais are in the same boat and not too many of them are supporting the bloke in charge.

There hasn't been a reported local case in Thailand for 60 days in a pop. of 65 million. In my opinion, The State of Emergency, which has just today been extended til the 31st August, is for Political purposes only.
fair enough mate, doesn't sound ideal over there. it's interesting to see how different governments approach this across the world, at this point i'm not sure there's a right answer but hopefully your situation improves soon! at least you've got the footy to lift the spirits.

fair enough mate, doesn't sound ideal over there. it's interesting to see how different governments approach this across the world, at this point i'm not sure there's a right answer but hopefully your situation improves soon! at least you've got the footy to lift the spirits.

Considering what I'm reading about the situation in Victoria, I think we're doing OK here. Footy every day for the next 20 or so, with the 3hr time diff, the last game finishes about 7pm. Just the right time for dinner and a few bevvies or even a scotch or 2. Can't complain about that....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These two 19 year old women
Ring their necks

It’s disgusting what some of these people are doing to get across borders.. even if you do cheat the border system at least do something right by everyone else by isolating for 14 days!

I’m currently in the middle of 3.5 weeks leave but stuck at home, There’s nothing more I’d love than to travel to qld..

Potential to cost the Qld economy tens of million of dollars and put lives at risk.
Massive fines (which they wont pay) or jail term.
No excuses for this behaviour.
They haven't missed , apparently they have been Ipswich to Southbank to Logan , looks like Cairns maybe a good option after all

Fantastic result today in QLD - just 1 oversee traveler, 13K tests. We should be able to contain this latest covid seed from 2 women.

I’m currently on 3.5 weeks forced leave still 1.5 weeks to go I feel sorry for the people who have or are losing jobs.. one bonus is footy on tv every night
That's true.

We also now have a curfew of 8pm. Can't travel out of 5kn of your suburb unless its an exemption.

Don’t forget it’s Victorians who have been the ones lecturing to us for years about how to live our lives and in the Suns case how to run our club.

You always ask people to do something. So how about I ask to stop this stupid bashing of Victorians. 99% of them do the right thing. There is 1% of idiots everywhere. I don't see you ridiculing Queenslanders despite you got plenty of examples like e.g. these 3 idiots today potentially spreading the virus. We are extremely lucky we don't have a outbreak in QLD like in Victoria but that does mean it can't happen. Quite the opposite.

How about instead you show some compassion for Victorians who are dying in nursing homes in terrible conditions, are losing jobs in thousands, are locked at home. You do realize they are human beings like you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back