COVID-19 in sport/AFL. News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

In the past few years I have bought an AWAY Sunscreamer membership as that suited by budget however I only got access to 2 matches per year.

I have now upgraded to a Victorian Suns membership SO I CAN ATTEND ALL VICTORIAN MATCHES however get left with an extra eight matches at the MCG.

Anyway, what I am getting to is if some matches are cancelled or staged without fans, it would affect my membership and I would expect a refund in some form. I don't pay $230 a year for my access to be denied,

I am only still a student so I can't afford to just throw money around and get nothing back for it.

In the past few years I have bought an AWAY Sunscreamer membership as that suited by budget however I only got access to 2 matches per year.

I have now upgraded to a Victorian Suns membership SO I CAN ATTEND ALL VICTORIAN MATCHES however get left with an extra eight matches at the MCG.

Anyway, what I am getting to is if some matches are cancelled or staged without fans, it would affect my membership and I would expect a refund in some form. I don't pay $230 a year for my access to be denied,

I am only still a student so I can't afford to just throw money around and get nothing back for it.

I’d say a lot of people make big sacrifices in their lifestyle and go without in order to have memberships.
All sporting codes will need to weigh this up and consider goodwill in years to come in handling what refunds to make.

That doesn't make sense. I'm no medical expert but if you have a mass gathering of 499, then Gov is saying, that's OK. Let the first 499 into the game and then shut the gates.......get serious and don't let anyone into the game.

There's a group of 11 blokes over here went out for drinks at a bar, and they've all come down with it, because one of their group contracted it from another friend.

Doesn't matter if it's 1, 10 ,100, 1000 there's a risk involved. Obviously a less risk with fewer numbers but I just don't understand where or why they plucked the figure 500.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's a touchy subject. my line of work means I see about 100 different people a day so I'm highly susceptible to it. yet closing down schools, workplaces, events seems extremely drastic. you may think cool 2 weeks off but imagine the widespread issues if all supermarkets, delivery drivers and similar businesses close. both logically in not having access to basic supplies and economically the financial impact on the country we would seriously enter an apocalypse type scenario. more people would die from that then from coronavirus.

it's a touchy subject. my line of work means I see about 100 different people a day so I'm highly susceptible to it. yet closing down schools, workplaces, events seems extremely drastic. you may think cool 2 weeks off but imagine the widespread issues if all supermarkets, delivery drivers and similar businesses close. both logically in not having access to basic supplies and economically the financial impact on the country we would seriously enter an apocalypse type scenario. more people would die from that then from coronavirus.
I am in Year 12 and I can assure you I can't be missing 2 Weeks of school..

This sucks beyond sucks.
I’ve been fighting this but I’m now coming to the realisation/acceptance there is going to be no sports to go to and watch on TV too for quite some time.
Here and overseas.
For entertainment it’s going to be TV shows and Movies.
Jesus Wept.

This sucks beyond sucks.
I’ve been fighting this but I’m now coming to the realisation/acceptance there is going to be no sports to go to and watch on TV too for quite some time.
Here and overseas.
For entertainment it’s going to be TV shows and Movies.
Jesus Wept.

Actually "Jesus Wept" has some good movies on youtube....;)

Looks like round 1 will go ahead. Without fans

Was supposed to be a double header with neafl but with the crowd ban that game probably won’t go ahead meaning a lot of boys are going to be short of match fitness

It's just getting better. Dutton tested positive. Met Ivanka Trump and 4 foreign ministers in US, then went to cabinet meeting in Canberra, then Morrison met state premiers. Enjoy your quarantine Morrison, no Sharks game for you tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back