Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the measures that were going to be brought in to reduce transmission when we got active cases in the community, are staying the same now that we’ve got active cases in the community?

What a monster.

And how do you get back once you’ve visited your sister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm free to go, if I was locked down then I couldn't leave.
Maybe I won't come back, I hear the whiskey is nice out where she's living.
Me not being able to come back would be controlled by the Federal government would it not?

I'm free to go, if I was locked down then I couldn't leave.
Maybe I won't come back, I hear the whiskey is nice out where she's living.
Me not being able to come back would be controlled by the Federal government would it not?

No, the state has the power to block the airport to internationals.

They’ve just actually announced that if you come into Perth from overseas, you now have to do two weeks hotel quarantine.

But if you fly intestate first and then to WA you can quarantine at home.

Make sense Of that. Conveniently changed due to the court case with Clive im sure

No, the state has the power to block the airport to internationals.

They’ve just actually announced that if you come into Perth from overseas, you now have to do two weeks hotel quarantine.

But if you fly intestate first and then to WA you can quarantine at home.

Make sense Of that. Conveniently changed due to the court case with Clive im sure

What’s it got to do with the court case with Clive? There’s no element of international travel involved.

So the measures that were going to be brought in to reduce transmission when we got active cases in the community, are staying the same now that we’ve got active cases in the community?
What a monster.
Because those subspecies, 6% or whatever who have not had their first vaccination will be the end of us all if they are allowed to drink alcohol. Especially seeing the vax is doing so well stopping transmission of Omicron in the eastern states.

Because those subspecies, 6% or whatever who have not had their first vaccination will be the end of us all if they are allowed to drink alcohol. Especially seeing the vax is doing so well stopping transmission of Omicron in the eastern states.

So your argument against the Jan 31 restrictions actually has nothing to do with the borders. You disagree with them altogether, which you made pretty clear at the time, and you’re reagitating it in the context of the border decision because … ?

So your argument against the Jan 31 restrictions actually has nothing to do with the borders. You disagree with them altogether, which you made pretty clear at the time, and you’re reagitating it in the context of the border decision because … ?
If they were stupid then they are stupider now. This was suppposidly the last great cohersion justified in order to get people vaxxed ahead of reopening. Now its just - you are unvaxxed - so * you.

You know, if people who refuse to get vaccinated would agree to not access any health services (including private hospitals, which are seeing significant spillover demand as a result of Covid) if they get sick, I would be fine with there being fewer restrictions placed upon them. Seems like a fair deal.

Now its just - you are unvaxxed - so fu** you.

I don’t actually see the issue with this.

If you’ve elected not to get vaccinated (as opposed to having a genuine medical reason not to do so) then you’re basically saying you’re putting yourself ahead of the rest of the society you’re a part of.

It should be perfectly fine for that society to then say you can’t participate in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people with one vaccination aren’t going to get sick from Omicron anyway - unless they have some comorbidity attached. There will be a good amount of natural antibodies in their system to manage it. It should be up to them to take personal responsibility for their health.

Agree if you’ve had no vaccinations, then you’re an idiot, and you’ve probably done well to survive delta.

But once again. Omicron is a different disease

If you’ve elected not to get vaccinated (as opposed to having a genuine medical reason not to do so) then you’re basically saying you’re putting yourself ahead of the rest of the society you’re a part of.

It should be perfectly fine for that society to then say you can’t participate in it.
Yeah I guess the education's system has some part to play in this but to be fair, recent history has also thrown up examples of where segregationist, politics of division leads to. When you deliberately turn people against a bogeyman minority B.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess the education's system has some part to play in this but to be fair, recent history have also thrown up examples of where segregationist, politics of division leads to. When you deliberately turn people against a bogeyman minority B.

How recent is the recent history you’re talking about?

Why do I feel like this is going to end up with a comparison between anti-vaxxers not being allowed to go to the pub and Rosa Parks being forced to sit at the back of the bus?

Too late, it’s already been there

Or was that about Grace Tame not smiling?

Why do I feel like this is going to end up with a comparison between anti-vaxxers not being allowed to go to the pub and Rosa Parks being forced to sit at the back of the bus?

Certain posters were comparing themselves to Jewish people in WWII earlier in this thread.

It would not surprise if they now start comparing themselves to apartheid and segregation heroes.

Will the same go for overweight people, smokers, heavy drinkers etc? I understand the sentiment but it is a slippery slope.

At this point I think the willingly unvaccinated are irrelevant. They are less than 5% of the population and it amazes me that they are still resisting something that is in their best interest (both on a health and social level).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back