Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the same go for overweight people, smokers, heavy drinkers etc? I understand the sentiment but it is a slippery slope.

I’m not risking anyone else’s life or health by being a fat bastard, or having a few drinks. Unless I drink and drive and that’s definitely punishable.

Smoking in the presence of other people is getting more and more difficult. Smokers are getting squeezed with rule changes and being gradually banned from more and more places in an effort to get them to see the light and change. Sound familiar?

I’m not risking anyone else’s life or health by being a fat bastard, or having a few drinks. Unless I drink and drive and that’s definitely punishable.

Smoking in the presence of other people is getting more and more difficult. Smokers are getting squeezed with rule changes and being gradually banned from more and more places in an effort to get them to see the light and change. Sound familiar?

I’m hoping we’ve moved on from worrying about risking other peoples lives (we aren’t) and onto keeping hospitals (which operate at capacity as a rule of thumb) from overcrowding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the same go for overweight people, smokers, heavy drinkers etc? I understand the sentiment but it is a slippery slope.

At this point I think the willingly unvaccinated are irrelevant. They are less than 5% of the population and it amazes me that they are still resisting something that is in their best interest (both on a health and social level).

The 'society' argument really only works (on current evidence) for the triple vaxxed as unless you're boosted you aren't doing anything to stop the spread (absent social distancing/N95 wearing).

Which by extension means that anyone who isn't boosted has the same culpability to the unvaxxed - but the unvaxxed may be more sick. And maybe society should punish them because they made that choice, it's on them and we shouldn't extend health care - that's a very Randian, morally suspect position imo, but it's coherent.

If anything history has taught us, it's that things like universal healthcare and civil liberties are very rare indeed and did not come about by accident, only through sustained reform. When we other a group - as silly or repugnant as they might seem - it just makes it easier for the next erosion of rights.

Any bets on when the border will come down?

I can't see it still being there after March.
No later than March by current rate growth. By end of Feb we'll have 20k cases a day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I was always under the impression that one credible strategy to handle Covid was to not allow it to run rampant through the population, killing lots of people, necessitating significant restrictions, and damaging the economy.
Worst WA can do is remove QR codes and mask mandates right. That's the standard that has previously been set...

Open with conditions isn’t really open

Do masks, capacity limits, QR check-ins etc... mean the economy isn't open?

Are all non pharmaceutical public health measures unacceptable no matter how effective?

“We have, in all but name, lockdowns over East”

:think:
NSW government just asked for business support from the Federal Government...

Good on people for blowing off some steam and spending some money it's been a shitty time for a lot of people.

So say you're exposed and get notified you wouldn't isolate and get tested?
aQdPnee_460s.jpg

Do masks, capacity limits, QR check-ins etc... mean the economy isn't open?

Are all non pharmaceutical public health measures unacceptable no matter how effective?

Can I, a west Australian with my parents, siblings and cousins all living there, fly freely into the state from Germany, without quarantine?

Can my parents visit me in Germany, and then return without the need to quarantine?

If you answered no to either of these, then no, WA is not open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I, a west Australian with my parents, siblings and cousins all living there, fly freely into the state from Germany, without quarantine?

Can my parents visit me in Germany, and then return without the need to quarantine?

I don't mind if you stay in Germany tbh

So say you're exposed and get notified you wouldn't isolate and get tested?
No no

I was never at the exposure sites and time that required me to self isolate.

What I'm also saying is that if I was at an exposure site, requiring me to self isolate, I wouldn't and that's because I would never get notified as I have not checked in anywhere for 14 months.

No no

I was never at the exposure sites and time that required me to self isolate.

What I'm also saying is that if I was at an exposure site, requiring me to self isolate, I wouldn't and that's because I would never get notified as I have not checked in anywhere for 14 months.
Yeah I get that, I was asking a hypothetical.
Are you not concerned at all that if you did attend an exposure site, get covid and then walk around the community you'd be spreading it all over the place to people and through businesses?

Is a half open valve open or closed? It allows some substrate through, but not all substrate. 🤔

Yeah I get that, I was asking a hypothetical.
Are you not concerned at all that if you did attend an exposure site, get covid and then walk around the community you'd be spreading it all over the place to people and through businesses?
Not really to be honest. It's out there running mildly rampant.

How many people have it, and extremly mild, and never attended an exposure site and are spreading it and don't know it.

And I'm not really worried about whether your parents can visit you for a holiday

Once again. Don’t care.

But if you’re scared of Omicron… well unless you’ve got comorbidities or you’re over 80, then that’s an indictment on you for being a sook.

Not really to be honest. It's out there running mildly rampant.

How many people have it, and extremly mild, and never attended an exposure site and are spreading it and don't know it.
Who knows, just seems like a bit of a selfish attitude to have, potentially shutting businesses down because you might pass it on to a staff member in a bottle shop or whatever.

Once again. Don’t care.

But if you’re scared of Omicron… well unless you’ve got comorbidities or you’re over 80, then that’s an indictment on you for being a sook.

I'm not scared for my health but the economy here will probably tank for a few months.
I just don't really care whether you can come home for a visit without quarantining

Once again. Don’t care.

What if you’re not worried for yourself, but for people you love who might be over 80 and/or have comorbidities? Still a sook?

What if you’re not worried for yourself, but for people you love who might be over 80 and/or have comorbidities? Still a sook?

Perhaps you can not go near them for … I dunno… two years? Just to even things up?

Or perhaps you can just stay with them and not go out. Omicron infection is almost guaranteed - so stay at home please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back