Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a few recommendations to avoid strenuous exercise in the days following vaccination. And from a performance point of view, everyone I work with had some reaction lasting from 1-3 days which would stuff up a team if they all got done at the same time.

Barely had more than a sore arm from most colleagues and friends - although a couple have taken time off work with nausea and aches.

I wonder how the AFLPA will negotiate this, as from what I understand there are minimum days off required.

Barely had more than a sore arm from most colleagues and friends - although a couple have taken time off work with elevated temperatures and aches.

I wonder how the AFLPA will negotiate this, as from what I understand there are minimum days off required.

Maybe they’ll need to have two byes during the season - one for boosters and one for CBA-mandated time off.

Then ditch the pre-finals bye to make up the time.

AFL and AFLW fixtures expected to come out shortly.

WA set to hit 80 per cent on about December 10th, and we should get a date for reopening around that time.

I wonder if the AFL will get some advance info on the reopening, or if they’ll just fixture games (especially the AFLW games) on the basis that WA will still have closed borders and the Eagles and Dockers will have to hub elsewhere.
AFLW will be affected sadly.

But surely AFL isn't impacted unless something changes dramatically (I.e. vaccine resistant variant).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Queensland returned one of the worst performing and corrupt Premiers in modern Australia's history thanks to the COVID effect. We're living in strange times.

Albanese vs. Morrison really is scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Palacek isn't even one of the worst-performing and most corrupt premiers in modern Queensland history, let alone the entire country. Or have we already forgotten Joh Bjelke-Peterson?

Last edited:
I certainly hope that you don't smoke or drink or take drugs.

I would certainly hope if you do you would remove yourself from public health treatments given the problems the health system is facing. Any cancer or liver or other treatments you might require as a result you can pay for yourself as you made your decisions to engage based on what you were feeling.

Cheers

edit: while we are at it lets remove all those who choose certain activities like skydiving, motor sports, base jumping, climbing etc etc as they also carry out their lifestyle choices based on a feeling.

If dying while skydiving, driving a racecar, etc were contagious you might have a good point. Also, things like drinking (which I do) have ancillary social benefits, while extreme sports (adenaline) also have ancillary benefits. What are the side benefits of not getting vaccinated, besides maybe avoiding feeling like crap for a half day or a day (which is fairly common after vaccination)?

Also, governments put taxes on things like tobacco and alcohol in large part to pay for the downstream health care costs associated with those vices. Would you suggest that we increase taxes on people who choose to be unvaccinated, due to their overall negative impact on public health and the likelihood that they will incur higher costs upon the public health system?

Go on, link the study.

I'm going to agree that I likely just read it the wrong way.

However, its is certainly no uncommon for people in statistics to be represented as fractions of a whole. What if the study contained 10,000 participants, 1600 had Corona, 10 complained of heart pain or some type [they are athletes are they not?] and then of those 10 1 had been covid positive. That person would be counted as less than 1 if the researches wanted to express it in that way.

Am I happy for you to be right about this, I'd be interested to see the study because the finding is concerning but does seem to be an outlier.

If the study was done at one university, potentially important considerations are:

What state was it is?
What time or year was it?
What was the vaccination status of the cohorts?
What ration or male to female?
Were covid affected treated during their illness?
Did all participants receive the same treatment?
What was the % of African American's in the study?
What was the rate of myocarditis among those who complained of cardiac issues, as in before they did imaging to confirm true rate of incidence?
What background rate of myocarditis in the general population were they citing comparatively?
Were they making a comparison to background rates of myocarditis in athletes pre-covid or just to gen pop?

I am open minded to the study being significant. These are important questions though because as an outlier it conflicts with other studies that and the FDA's data putting mRNA myocarditis hospitalisations on par with all cause wild covid hospitalisations.
The study is here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2780548

Your maths error has been well covered in this thread, but you are glossing over this important point:
In this cohort study of 1597 US competitive collegiate athletes undergoing comprehensive cardiovascular testing, the prevalence of clinical myocarditis based on a symptom-based screening strategy was only 0.31%. Screening with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging increased the prevalence of clinical and subclinical myocarditis by a factor of 7.4 to 2.3%.

So the 0.3% figure was only people who were experiencing symptoms consistent with myocarditis at the time of testing. MRIs performed on the athletes' hearts showed that more than 7 times as many athletes actually were experiencing myocarditis. Sure some of them may not have reduced athletic performance or heart issues down the track, but some might - it's a great unknown with Covid survivors. In any case, the 0.3% and 2.3% figures are much higher than the rates of myocarditis in the general population of this age group, and certainly are much higher than the likelihood of experiencing myocarditis as a result of a Covid vaccine.

If dying while skydiving, driving a racecar, etc were contagious you might have a good point. Also, things like drinking (which I do) have ancillary social benefits, while extreme sports (adenaline) also have ancillary benefits. What are the side benefits of not getting vaccinated, besides maybe avoiding feeling like crap for a half day or a day (which is fairly common after vaccination)?

Also, governments put taxes on things like tobacco and alcohol in large part to pay for the downstream health care costs associated with those vices. Would you suggest that we increase taxes on people who choose to be unvaccinated, due to their overall negative impact on public health and the likelihood that they will incur higher costs upon the public health system?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, that second paragraph is a massive can of worms.

Even if we assume that the tax on those items is spent on healthcare for the resulting issues from smoking/drinking (I think a fair bit of it becomes 'general revenue') - it's still the government agreeing to poor personal health choices that negatively impact the healthcare system as a whole - but saying it is OK because they can tax it.

Not even starting on the ancillary negative impacts from alcohol (violence, drink driving etc).

I see smoking as a closer comparison to vaccines - personal choice, personal protection etc. but legalised by the government because they can tax it.

The Greek example posted earlier is interesting. Will be a 'watch this space' to see if non-vaccination becomes more palatable to governments if they can derive income from it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no. She is.
I am just trying to figure out how bad she is. Was she incompetent enough to let the virus get out of hand because she responded to community transmission by being too slow to lock down and impose movement restrictions in the State, and kept open places like Ikea and luxury jewellery shops so that the virus could spread even more, thereby resulting in hundreds of deaths in her own State and significant economic damage due to the multi-month lockdown that followed the slow initial response (not to mention the virus spreading into adjacent States since her government continued to allow people in Covid areas to continue to travel intra and interstate)? Was she so corrupt that she had to resign from office because she previously, in her role as Treasurer, intervened to funnel several million dollars of taxpayer money to a skeet shooting club in her secret boyfriend's electorate, despite the club having been repeatedly rejected for this grant because the club provided minimal benefit to the community?

I am just trying to figure out how bad she is. Was she incompetent enough to let the virus get out of hand because she responded to community transmission by being too slow to lock down and impose movement restrictions in the State, and kept open places like Ikea and luxury jewellery shops so that the virus could spread even more, thereby resulting in hundreds of deaths in her own State and significant economic damage due to the multi-month lockdown that followed the slow initial response (not to mention the virus spreading into adjacent States since her government continued to allow people in Covid areas to continue to travel intra and interstate)? Was she so corrupt that she had to resign from office because she previously, in her role as Treasurer, intervened to funnel several million dollars of taxpayer money to a skeet shooting club in her secret boyfriend's electorate, despite the club having been repeatedly rejected for this grant because the club provided minimal benefit to the community?
This post seems awfully specific.

Anastasia's been fine in my opinion. Didn't vote for her last election but not unhappy with her performance due to how we've managed throughout the pandemic here.

I don’t think a whole lot of Annastasia, but I don’t know how any rational person can claim she’s the most corrupt and most incompetent premier in Queensland when they’ve had, just in my time, Bjelke-Petersen in the first category and Campbell Newman in the second.

Shes pretty bad..infact if she was unable to say” keeping Queenslanders safe”for a period of one week she wouldn’t be able hold a press conference..

Her exemption unit is one example of her incompetence
the fact she actually has 30 people in her staff to work on her image mainly who are former press pack reporters from when she was elected..
The corrupt way the wellcamp deal was done with the announcement timing
She has actually surrounded herself with dumber people, dath and miles to make her look smart.
Her I can travel but no one else can
Her record debt

Anyway I could keep going but not the thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back