Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SA had less and they managed to open up at 80% vaccinated.
We opened up in a half-pregnant state, similar to what WA is proposing and Queensland are doing. The stupid isolation rules here actually make it more likely families will be separated at Christmas than if they'd kept the border shut.

Open should mean open. Is that not why everyone did their bit to get us to such high vaccination rates?

No one would put up with being locked down again once we open, it would be political suicide.

McGowan could have delayed the opening until the end of the Easter school holiday and passed it off as allowing kids to be double vaccinated without fuss.

If you really want the border shut indefinitely you better hope that omicron is more dangerous than it appears and the border opening is delayed as a result.

Time to stop hiding under the bed. We have been vaccinated. Time to move on with life. Covid is like the flu now. It's here to stay.
We won't have mass lock downs but if you have been in the same place as a positive case you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days vaxxed or not .
You won't have a choice the government know everywhere you have been

These are the lengths these anti-vax idiots will go to discredit McGowan and WA's way of dealing with covid.
Going on Sky News to fake being a pilot stranded in Perth away from his family, when he's actual some tool living in Melbourne.

“I’ve never met Mark McGowan, I’ve never spoken to him or had anything to do with him but … I’m sorry, I can’t go on”

These are the lengths these anti-vax idiots will go to discredit McGowan and WA's way of dealing with covid.
Going on Sky News to fake being a pilot stranded in Perth away from his family, when he's actual some tool living in Melbourne.

My manager's brother is a pilot in Perth. Hes had no issue coming to QLD earlier in the year and she just spent a week in Perth with no issue.

Have you worked out why that 10 per cent is actually important?

Or is that of less relevance than the ability to take gratuitous potshots?
I personally would've been more than happy to go at 80%, but I do get what McGowan is trying to achieve and results to date have justified his stance.

Have you worked out why that 10 per cent is actually important?

Or is that of less relevance than the ability to take gratuitous potshots?
Yes - Maaaarrrk has commissioned his own modelling that is different to everyone elses and it clearly shows that people reuniting with their families over christmas with 80% vax rate is bad, whereas 90% just after chrissie is good. His excellency has also bought back mask mandates at that point which is just swell. He might have to make up his own modelling on that one as well because all the studies out there show they dont work.

Last edited:
Flights booked for Feb, I'm heading to Perth to see my family for the first time in 2 and half years.
Quick thank you to all of you that went and got vaccinated to get the vaccination rate to a stage where I and many others are now able to see their families. Your selflessness in getting vaccinated is appreciated more then you can imagine.
I'm just excited to be seeing my family, and although it would have been great to go at Christmas, avoiding school holidays is a win

Flights booked for Feb, I'm heading to Perth to see my family for the first time in 2 and half years.
Quick thank you to all of you that went and got vaccinated to get the vaccination rate to a stage where I and many others are now able to see their families. Your selflessness in getting vaccinated is appreciated more then you can imagine.
Man, with all the s**t in this thread I can't tell if you're being genuine or facetious.

Man, with all the sh*t in this thread I can't tell if you're being genuine or facetious.
100% genuine - My mum was in tears (happy tears) on the phone last night when I told her we'd booked flights. I'm genuinely thankful for all those that have been vaccinated so that I, and many others can come home.
Did it take longer then I hoped, yes, but it is what it is. All smiles from me!

100% genuine - My mum was in tears on the phone last night when I told her we'd booked flights. I'm genuinely thankful for all those that have been vaccinated so that I, and many others can come home.
Where are you flying in from?

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly 🤞🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% genuine - My mum was in tears (happy tears) on the phone last night when I told her we'd booked flights. I'm genuinely thankful for all those that have been vaccinated so that I, and many others can come home.
My brother's had to cancel his wedding twice since covid started. Third time lucky in March so I'll have to echo your sentiments. Think he was more pissed that he had to cancel his 40th this year though, had a big day planned.

Yes - Maaaarrrk has commissioned his own modelling that is different to everyone elses and it clearly shows that people reuniting with their families over christmas with 80% vax rate is bad, whereas 90% just after chrissie is good. His excellency has also bought back mask mandates at that point which is just swell. He might have to make up his own modelling on that one as well because all the studies out there show they dont work.

So no, you haven’t.

You’ve got the potshots down to a fine art though.

So no, you haven’t.

You’ve got the potshots down to a fine art though.

*posts saying 'studies' show 90% and mask mandates don't work*

*doesn't post evidence of studies*

He certainly has refined his trolling.

I'm just excited to be seeing my family, and although it would have been great to go at Christmas, avoiding school holidays is a win
I just can't wait for a work junket to Perth, always time it with a footy game!

We won't have mass lock downs but if you have been in the same place as a positive case you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days vaxxed or not .
You won't have a choice the government know everywhere you have been
Still 14 days? It's moved to 10 days here, and only 7 for family contacts which used to be 14 days. Also moved away from needing to quarantine if I was at Woolies at the same time someone who was positive was, they now recommend you get tested.
Loads of kids from my kids school have been getting it and after 2 maybe 3 days of headache, fever they're back to complete normal and after about 6 days if you do a rapid test they're showing as negative. So I'd even say 10 days is excessive for kids, 14 days is basically ridiculous!

All about hospitalisations now here, number has remained stable since we reopened. Our daily case numbers are expected to drop too, once schools close for the year as majority of current cases are linked to schools (kids unvaxxed etc).

I'd expect for when WA opens and you have 90% vax rate, daily cases will be no were near as high as Vic or NSW as your base is 0. Ours was almost 2000 a day when we opened and NSW was just under 1000.

Nobody is asking anybody to like, respect, or trust politicians.

Kane Cornes is a campaigner, but he still accidentally gets it right sometimes.

Regardless of who I like or trust or vote for, I’m happy with WA’s handling of this. I’ve enjoyed having 12 days total lockdown over two years, I’ve enjoyed having * all cases, I’ve enjoyed having the footy back before other states in 2020, and a Grand Final, I’m fine with it. Not ideal sometimes, a bit annoying, has impacted my business with the patron limits, but ah well. In the scheme of things there’s nowhere in Aus whose citizens have been impacted less.

Some people aren’t happy with it, ok, fair enough. But not liking politicians doesn’t invalidate every single thing they do. They’re notorious for backflipping, so if they were wrong the first time cause politicians are always wrong, then they backflip like they usually do, are they now…still wrong? Right? Dunno.

As with all things, probably best to let the Onion show us the way:

2239ACF6-4CA2-40E9-9853-3B9F7E6CEABE.jpeg

Here we go with the latest vax propaganda.

I may have been at one of those sites but as I haven't scanned in anywhere for 1 year.... nothing to do with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back