Universal Love COVID-19 Pastoral Care

Remove this Banner Ad

That's rough. And here I was getting pissy that I'm almost out of Tim Tams...

Yep. Who knows what happens with his funeral if we're in lockdown by the time he passes.

The Mrs just finished her Centrelink claim form online no worries after starting at 11:30pm. Good advice given by Bluelegs ...anyone who has to off-peak times make life much easier. Quite a lot of documents to upload like he said, so start a claim if you don't know what you need and save it, retrieve whatever you're missing and come back to it.

That list of restrictions ScoMo went through tonight was just confusing and contradictory.

"Only leave home if it's absolutely necessary"...

..."but also JB HiFi, Jay Jays and Big W are totally open"

Beauty salons closed but keep the barbers open?

This is all just a bunch of half measures. The Government is too scared to pull the trigger and is trying to just edge a little closer every day. Unfortunately that's resulting in these unnecessarily convoluted rules.
How the * is a marketer so bad at messaging?

Any good news stories in these hard times....

Just a small thing last week i was at the shops, i saw an elderly lady in the lolly isle trying to knock off her fav pack off lollies from the top row with her shopping bags (she couldn't reach with her hands), she gave up. But i walked over and grabbed them for her.

Any good news stories in these hard times....

Just a small thing last week i was at the shops, i saw an elderly lady in the lolly isle trying to knock off her fav pack off lollies from the top row with her shopping bags (she couldn't reach with her hands), she gave up. But i walked over and grabbed them for her.
That story would have been so much better if it was the last pack and you reached up, grabbed them and put it in your own basket!

How the fu** is a marketer so bad at messaging?
It's cringeworthy.

"Australians are going to beat this virus by being MORE AUSTRALIAN!". What does that even mean.

I put corks at the end of my hat, I'm a jolly ******* swagman.
Tattoo'd that southern cross on my FACE!
PUT ANUTHA SHRIMPY ON THE BARBY!!! OH WAIT COLES DON'T HAVE SHRIMP ANYMORE
NO ONE'S GOT ANY *IGN SHRIMP
AND WE AINT ALLOWED BARBEQUES EITEHR
BUT I GOT 172 THOUSAND ROLLS OF "DUNNY" PAPER!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

LAST NIGHT, UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS, I FOUND A V8 HOLDEN AND MADE LOVE TO IT
I PUT ON A JOHNNY FARNHAM RECORD WHILE I WAS DOIN' IT
ANNNNZZAAACCC SPIRIT, YEAH!!!!!

I CAN'T BE ANY MORE AUSTRALIAN THAN THAT!??!?! WHY DO IHAVE THE SNIFFLES?!?!~??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

You ******* muppet.

It's cringeworthy.

"Australians are going to beat this virus by being MORE AUSTRALIAN!". What does that even mean.

I put corks at the end of my hat, I'm a jolly ******* swagman.
Tattoo'd that southern cross on my FACE!
PUT ANUTHA SHRIMPY ON THE BARBY!!! OH WAIT COLES DON'T HAVE SHRIMP ANYMORE
NO ONE'S GOT ANY fu**IGN SHRIMP
AND WE AINT ALLOWED BARBEQUES EITEHR
BUT I GOT 172 THOUSAND ROLLS OF "DUNNY" PAPER!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

LAST NIGHT, UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS, I FOUND A V8 HOLDEN AND MADE LOVE TO IT
I PUT ON A JOHNNY FARNHAM RECORD WHILE I WAS DOIN' IT
ANNNNZZAAACCC SPIRIT, YEAH!!!!!

I CAN'T BE ANY MORE AUSTRALIAN THAN THAT!??!?! WHY DO IHAVE THE SNIFFLES?!?!~??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

You ******* muppet.

You didn't eat a jar of Vegemite, that's where you ****ed up.

That list of restrictions ScoMo went through tonight was just confusing and contradictory.

"Only leave home if it's absolutely necessary"...

..."but also JB HiFi, Jay Jays and Big W are totally open"

Beauty salons closed but keep the barbers open?

This is all just a bunch of half measures. The Government is too scared to pull the trigger and is trying to just edge a little closer every day. Unfortunately that's resulting in these unnecessarily convoluted rules.
i get the feeling they are just stsging thevrestrictions a little more each day as to avoid the panic

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

You didn't eat a jar of Vegemite
Genuine LOL.

i get the feeling they are just stsging thevrestrictions a little more each day as to avoid the panic
Very possible- but it's a poor strategy as a public health measure, as it exposes people to the virus and softens the perceived danger of the threat.

I'm not sure it's great strategy as an economic measure either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrape it thinly on your tongue like a normal person.
Yeah nah I'm taking this corona threat seriously, if that vegemate s**t is gonna help I'm bronzing up proper.

68031-paramount_home_ent.jpg

People think by going into lockdown for two weeks it will solve the problem, most likely it will have to be longer than that considering the virus is spreading but there is 2200 cases among 25 million people. A lockdown will come but it needs to be timed right or else we will be spending months inside. Once the lockdown is in pace things have to improve before the restrictions are eased.

People think by going into lockdown for two weeks it will solve the problem, most likely it will have to be longer than that considering the virus is spreading but there is 2200 cases among 25 million people. A lockdown will come but it needs to be timed right or else we will be spending months inside. Once the lockdown is in pace things have to improve before the restrictions are eased.

The other thing is regardless of new restrictions we are still going to see cases rise for a while.

would have to be a min 4 weeks imo

2 weeks for any people who have it without showing any symptoms to be located. Then a further 2 weeks on top of that to get over it

So I think we are realistically looking at 6-8 weeks and then the countries boarders would be looking at being closed for around 12 months imo

If we'd gone into a lockdown earlier we could have contained the community transmissions and slowed the spread of the virus.

I'm not worried about spending months inside tbh.

If we'd gone into a lockdown earlier we could have contained the community transmissions and slowed the spread of the virus.

I'm not worried about spending months inside tbh.

what happens when you let everyone out again after 4 weeks being locked inside? People think All is well again, and gathering in large masses while disease is still as contagious

secondly the economy is screwed, but if you locked everyone down weeks ago you’d have any less chance of limiting the damage to the economy

the government is effectively flattening the curve on the economy too

it's resulting in confused people at the supermarket not taking social distancing measures seriously.

That's rough. And here I was getting pissy that I'm almost out of Tim Tams...
Tim Tams? You’re a ******* genius Toump. BRB

what happens when you let everyone out again after 4 weeks being locked inside? People think All is well again, and gathering in large masses while disease is still as contagious
Assuming we went from full lockdown to no restrictions... yes people would gather in large masses. But as a 4 week lockdown would have slowed the spread of the virus... they'd be less likely to have it, and less likely to get it, and we'd have had an extra 4 weeks to prepare for it (which is aeons of time given how quickly the virus spreads).

Secondly the economy is screwed, but if you locked everyone down weeks ago you’d have any less chance of limiting the damage to the economy
How?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back