Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annastacia and her ironically named CHO (she looks the oldest of all the Australian CHOs) along with the Queensland population have had an easy run throughout this pandemic. No one wishes ill on anyone but what goes around .. etc. I can't keep up with our border restrictions, but if we are now using a traffic light system as B_W claims, I hope Queenslanders are facing a solid red light.

Well I must admit and feel guilty not following the Melbourne break outs closely as I should have.
My theory is Air Conditioning transfers Covid-19.
Not saying its the only way.

Well I must admit and feel guilty not following the Melbourne break outs closely as I should have.
My theory is Air Conditioning transfers Covid-19.
Not saying its the only way.
Except that in both Singapore and Thailand the people most beset upon by the virus were migrant workers living in cramped conditions who would certainly not have enjoyed the luxury of air-conditioning. The virus also claimed many victims in the housing commission towers here, and seems to thrive in western countries during winter. People living in close proximity to each other seem most likely to become victims. That's not to say that air-conditioning may not enable the virus to spread

Last edited:

So our Vaccine is sh*t then?
No. It's effective enough, if the data holds. Some in Oz and NZ have become so sold on elimination that they've forgotten that elimination is not a long term solution. If the country gets vaccinated with it, it will become like a weak version of the flu. Not as infectious as it currently is. Not as likely to cause severe complications. Some will get sick, it'll be enough to tip some with really weak immune systems over the edge, as is the case with a heap of different diseases which we just live or very occasionally die with. Basically, life can go back to normal.

Last edited:
So our Vaccine is sh*t then?
Yes and no.
It looks like it’s not a long term vaccine.
But it does have the advantage of being cheap, easily made in this country and will protect against the virus for most people.
It appears though that it will not create “herd immunity ”.
The fact that it can be rolled out quickly and is already being manufactured in Australia, and doesn’t require special refrigeration, means that we can begin vaccination. We will need follow up of a better vaccine in the long run, but we have to start now.

Except that in both Singapore and Thailand the people most beset upon by the virus were migrant workers living in cramped conditions who would certainly not have enjoyed the luxury of air-conditioning. The virus also claimed many victims in the housing commission towers here, and seems to thrive in western countries during winter. People living in close proximity to each other seem most likely to become victims. That's not to say that air-conditioning may not enable the virus to spread
Had an email yesterday from Marriner group, offering a pay for one part see two parts Harry Potter stage show at the Princess Theatre.
It also contained a link to how they are handling the Covid normal routine. One of the things that struck me was the claim that they have upgraded the air-con to replace the entire air inside every 60 seconds.
A bold claim. But they obviously understand that air recirculation is a transmitter of the virus.

Typical Current Affair with Covid Never Report on Positive things but just go as Negative as Possible
Much like social media Dave.
Positive stories don’t attract clicks. I’m currently in a bit of an argument in our local town Facebook site about the name change for Coon Cheese.
Simply, there is a lot of opposition, masking their concern behind a narrative of the maturation process invented by a man named Coon and the fact his name will be lost, and only worried about this because the media have decided it can gain attention by stirring this non story up.
Nine of them understand this word is highly offensive to our first Australians.
And of course there are people who are happy to be lead down this path.
A Current Affair have spent decades doing this exact same thing. I’ve lost count the number of times that, in a slow news cycle, ACA have rolled out the “Centrelink scammers” story line. You can almost set your watch by it.

No. It's effective enough, if the data holds. Some in Oz and NZ have become so sold on elimination that they've forgotten that elimination is not a long term solution. If the country gets vaccinated with it, it will become like a weak version of the flu. Not as infectious as it currently is. Not as likely to cause severe complications. Some will get sick, it'll be enough to tip some with really weak immune systems over the edge, as is the case with a heap of different diseases which we just live or very occasionally die with. Basically, life can go back to normal.

Thanks for the Explanation sr36

So with the Vaccine that Covid would be like the Flu that comes thru every winter?

Thanks for the Explanation sr36

So with the Vaccine that Covid would be like the Flu that comes thru every winter?
Dave, by its very nature a virus mutates to continue its ability to infect.
The UK variant is testimony to this.
No matter what vaccine you get this year, you can just about bet that you will need a top up 2022.
Hopefully the vaccine will also cover the common flu, so we don’t need to double up.
Im needle phobic, which has made the last 5 years a lot of fun for me, and the prospect of several jabs to prevent Covid, the common flu and the constant ops I appear to need, fills me with a tightening of my guts. I was driving home a couple of weeks ago and ABC radio were talking about jabs for Covid and I was close to pulling over as my whole body was in pain just thinking about it.

Dave, by its very nature a virus mutates to continue its ability to infect.
The UK variant is testimony to this.
No matter what vaccine you get this year, you can just about bet that you will need a top up 2022.
Hopefully the vaccine will also cover the common flu, so we don’t need to double up.
Im needle phobic, which has made the last 5 years a lot of fun for me, and the prospect of several jabs to prevent Covid, the common flu and the constant ops I appear to need, fills me with a tightening of my guts. I was driving home a couple of weeks ago and ABC radio were talking about jabs for Covid and I was close to pulling over as my whole body was in pain just thinking about it.

We need a Flu Vaccine every year so be No Different to the Flu one we get as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we don‘t need both.
Right now, we need the Covid vaccine twice in four weeks.
Im absolutely dreading it.

At the Moment we most likely would need both.

For How Long I don't know

Why Dreading it?

Just received a phone call from my friend in Malaysia, they are in a two week hard lockdown starting today. Cases have skyrocketed.

Shopping malls closed, only two in a car and only out for food shopping. This will hit their economy hard.

It's not that hard a lockdown. Can go out to exercise. Food outlets including hawkers can stay open for take away. Manufacturing, construction and lots of services still open. Two weeks have been announced, but everyone thinks it'll be longer than two weeks. Deaths have been low, so they were trying to avoid it as they can't afford things like jobkeeper and thus many will become incomeless, but hospital beds are now full and demand for them is growing, so the death rate will probably start growing. There's no way they'll lockdown until elimination like Victoria could afford to do, but I suspect that it'll be 5 weeks - which will take it to the end of Chinese New Year and hopefully it does enough until they start rolling out the vaccine in February. But there's a possiblity the lockdown will be shorter and they'll re-open to get the Chinese New Year Economic boost, but that'll probably involve another lockdown straight after.

Happy to strip out all equestrian events and bring in the strippers instead.

I'm nothing if not reasonable.

We need to have words.

I'm forgiving by nature, but if you mess with my Olympic career, I will hold you personally responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back