Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that you're implying that pole dancing isn't a sport.

Mods - do I have permission to post some supporting evidence?
tenor.gif

I can't believe that you're implying that pole dancing isn't a sport.

Mods - do I have permission to post some supporting evidence?

Am I bad for hoping the support, as opposed to the evidence, is limited?

There's a topic?

Edit: Just checked out the site. Corker!

Well, as far as I can tell from a quick scan, the topic is a mix of your lack of pants, sheep(le?), jathanas' fundamentally unmanly calves, Pete Evans, magpie feeding, high beams, Dayne Beams, jet fuel can't melt steel beams (or land on the Moon), food pr0n, actual pr0n (or at least pole dancing), and Hardistan.

So, while the list is extensive, it did not contain Pauline Hanson. I have rectified that.

Last edited:
So Paleo Pete’s joined Rod Culleton great Australia party essentially a sovereign citizen group. Standby for senator cray cray perhaps.

Pete Evans, thread is back on topic.

Pete + Rod Culleton = slightly larger collection of filth.

Makes sense for Pete to take to politics. There are fewer and fewer forums for the poor bastard to air his halfwittery, now all he has is whatever mention gets made of him in this thread and political office.

Friend from Sydney that has been here visiting relatives was due to fly back Tuesday, was notified that her flight has been cancelled. Not only did she lose $60 from her ticket but does not know when she can get back. Apparently they are only flying 3 times per week. I hadn't heard of them cutting flights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria permits 1000 tennis players and affiliates into Melbourne - many from Covid ravaged countries

Meanwhile, thousands of Victorians, wait in NSW unable to return home

Victorian government has so many bedwetters

Same as other States.

They allow Sportsman and the Rich in and showing Double Standards

Friend from Sydney that has been here visiting relatives was due to fly back Tuesday, was notified that her flight has been cancelled. Not only did she lose $60 from her ticket but does not know when she can get back. Apparently they are only flying 3 times per week. I hadn't heard of them cutting flights.

She should go to the ACCC or the Obusman then

Why are flights to Sydney being cut?
Same as other States.

They allow Sportsman and the Rich in and showing Double Standards
We would not have seen any AFL last year if Queensland had not decided to allow sportsmen to do what ordinary people couldn't. I guess the difference between tennis players and their entourage being allowed entry and Victorians being permitted to return to their home state is that the players are all covid tested before boarding the plane and are tested daily here. However, they are going to be allowed to train outdoors after 2 days instead of being subjected to the normal 14 day quarantine. Still, it's only going to take one case of the virus leaking into the community to cause an uproar among Victorian residents.

I think the biggest problem has been allowing states to determine the opening and closing of borders. Borders should have remained open in the entire country throughout this ordeal except during the Victorian outbreak when cases here were out of control. The federal government no longer has any profile in this country.

We would not have seen any AFL last year if Queensland hadnot decided to allow sportsmen to do what ordinary people couldn't. I guess the difference between tennis players and their entourage being allowed entry and Victorians being permitted to return to their home state is that the players are all covid tested before boarding the plane and are tested daily here. However, they are going to be allowed to train outdoors after 2 days instead of being subjected to the normal 14 day quarantine. Still, it's only going to take one case of the virus leaking into the community to cause an uproar among Victorian residents.

I think the biggest problem has been allowing states to determine the opening and closing of borders. Borders should have remained open in the entire country throughout this ordeal except during the Victorian outbreak when cases here were out of control. The federal government no longer has any profile in this country.
They are coming Out of the Country not from another State.

IF the Federal Goverment was in Charge I have doubts we be in good of a Shape we are now.

As they just wanted to Keep Things Open

Last edited:

Airlines have to fly in both directions or planes would bank up comically. Prices are budgeted on there being a return flight with x number of fare paying passengers. If they can't sell the return fares, they'll be running at a loss.

Airlines have to fly in both directions or planes would bank up comically. Prices are budgeted on there being a return flight with x number of fare paying passengers. If they can't sell the return fares, they'll be running at a loss.
Couldn't the planes be stored in Sydney in a couple of hangers or perched on the edge of the runway waiting for a Victorian outbreak to reverse the trend? Three flights a week sounds absurd given there were 94 flights into Melbourne in just one day at the beginning of the Sydney outbreak some weeks back.

Couldn't the planes be stored in Sydney in a couple of hangers or perched on the edge of the runway waiting for a Victorian outbreak to reverse the trend? Three flights a week sounds absurd given there were 94 flights into Melbourne in just one day at the beginning of the Sydney outbreak some weeks back.
Yeah it sounds absurd. FFS Aust - chill the f out, or if that's not possible just fire up the CSL labs and start pumping out the vaccine.

We would not have seen any AFL last year if Queensland had not decided to allow sportsmen to do what ordinary people couldn't. I guess the difference between tennis players and their entourage being allowed entry and Victorians being permitted to return to their home state is that the players are all covid tested before boarding the plane and are tested daily here. However, they are going to be allowed to train outdoors after 2 days instead of being subjected to the normal 14 day quarantine. Still, it's only going to take one case of the virus leaking into the community to cause an uproar among Victorian residents.

That is what they told her.

The $60 is a rip off, her daughter is taking further.

Yeah it sounds absurd. FFS Aust - chill the f out, or if that's not possible just fire up the CSL labs and start pumping out the vaccine.
I suspect we will be among the last countries in the world to get the vaccine. If we are not backing the wrong vaccine, we will insist on using the rest of the world as guinea pigs before immunizing any of our own citizens. We'll be on to the next pandemic before protecting ourselves against this one.

I suspect we will be among the last countries in the world to get the vaccine. If we are not backing the wrong vaccine, we will insist on using the rest of the world as guinea pigs before immunizing any of our own citizens. We'll be on to the next pandemic before protecting ourselves against this one.
Someone who is paid to know told me that all of the high profile vaccines to date are the right vaccine - if they're data holds with a whole population. None of them will eliminate covid, but they'll all turn it into a standard virus that won't decimate hospitals and result in excess death. The issue is going to be post vaccine - how to stop people panicking about covid and willing to treat it like any other virus; willing to accept that some people will still get minor cases and for a few already close to the end it will still be enough to tip them over the edge - like is the case with a heap of viruses that go around. Ideally, you'd like to have the very best vaccine, but if that takes 2 years longer to neuter covid - go with the one that can be supplied quicker, which is the oxford one - particularly in Australia, which already has the licences and a facility that can produce it pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back