Opinion Covid-19 & The footy season (& food & sheep)...

Remove this Banner Ad

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I went to the game last night.. embarrassing? It was like music to my fu**en ears mate. Good on everyone who participated.. majority.

20210222_073525.jpg

sideswipe

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thumbs down to the cock heads booing when vaccinations were mentioned at the tennis last night.
There are plenty of them around. Some clown on the radio this morning stated that he wouldn't get the vaccine because he was in a low-risk group. When questioned about the possibility of passing the virus onto a more vulnerable person, he replied that he didn't interact with anyone vulnerable. Guess he is either a hermit or a f-kwit.

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a 3 week break between jabs for Pfizer and 12 weeks for the AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the AZ break can be less. If able to go overseas (unlikely) mid year, would not want to be held up by the enforced break.

Last edited:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thumbs down to the cock heads booing when vaccinations were mentioned at the tennis last night.
The whole booing of the vaccine was all per se man.. the crowd anticipated the announcer was going to praise the Victorian government for a job well done. Hopeless.

Got to nod my head in disbelief at times. Really.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victorian or Federal? Good reason to boo either really given we are near last in the world queue.
Victorian.. apparently 90% approval of administering a vaccine.. accounted for 90% of the crowd booing.. Christ. Must have only sold tickets to anti vaxxers re. Must have been a lengthy process rounding em up.

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Victorian.. apparently 90% approval of administering a vaccine.. accounted for 90% of the booing.. Christ. Must have only sold tickets to anti vaxxers re.
There is nothing praiseworthy about the timing of our vaccine delivery. We couldn't have introduced it more slowly if we wanted to do so. And the bread and butter one could be months away - they say March, but we are yet to even start producing it in Australia.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There is nothing praiseworthy about the timing of our vaccine delivery. We couldn't have introduced it more slowly if we wanted to do so. And the bread and butter one could be months away - they say March, but we are yet to even start producing it in Australia.
Don't think folk booed in unison because of the timing of the jab re when it wasn't even about the jab anyhow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I was just adding a point. So they were booing the government?
Remember the Essendon suppporters booed Pendlebury when he won the bog medal? They actually booed because they felt they were done wrong by the umpires. Along those lines. Anything relating to this incompetent govt you'd get a negative reaction. Don't think it had anything to do with the vaccine on it's own. Accompanied with the government.. different story re.

DinoSoar

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2013
Outer Fringes
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a 3 week break between jabs for Pfizer and 12 weeks for the AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the AZ break can be less. If able to go overseas (unlikely) mid year, would not want to be held up by the enforced break.
It was originally set at around the 3 - 4 week mark based on clinical trials, just like the Pfizer vaccine. The UK govt made a decision to change the interval to 12 weeks in order to get more of the population covered by at least one dose. The data for efficacy at the 12 week interval is just catching up or confirming that this interval is ok and has no impact on immune response. I’m not sure if the 12 weeks is being scheduled here or if we are adhering to the 3 week recommended interval.

MagpieJoel

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was originally set at around the 3 - 4 week mark based on clinical trials, just like the Pfizer vaccine. The UK govt made a decision to change the interval to 12 weeks in order to get more of the population covered by at least one dose. The data for efficacy at the 12 week interval is just catching up or confirming that this interval is ok and has no impact on immune response. I’m not sure if the 12 weeks is being scheduled here or if we are adhering to the 3 week recommended interval.
Fairly sure we are going with the 3 months.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
The whole booing of the vaccine was all per se man.. the crowd anticipated the announcer was going to praise the Victorian government for a job well done. Hopeless.

Got to nod my head in disbelief at times. Really.
The announcer did praise the Vic Government for making the tournament happen.
And was booed by the same idiots. These idiots don’t even understand that without the government support of the event they wouldn’t be in the stands and therefore couldn’t boo!
You can’t battle stupidity, and there was a large contingent of stupidity on show last night.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn’t worry about the intervals.
You ain’t going anywhere this year I reckon.
I'm hopeful that things will have changed for Australian entry/exit and those of a lot of other countries by mid 2022 and I think travelling to and from some countries will still require long quarantines and restrictions on entry due to whether particular countries have been vaccinated yet.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The announcer did praise the Vic Government for making the tournament happen.
And was booed by the same idiots. These idiots don’t even understand that without the government support of the event they wouldn’t be in the stands and therefore couldn’t boo!
You can’t battle stupidity, and there was a large contingent of stupidity on show last night.
So let bygones be bygones?

Remove this Banner Ad