Opinion Covid-19 & The footy season (& food & sheep)...

Remove this Banner Ad

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to take the blue pill and go back to when Pete was the likeable TV chef. As long as his teeth are still awesome.

Bigfooty is trying to tell me that likeable should be spelt likable. This wouldn't happen in The Matrix, thus proving I am outside it.
Shows AI still has a fair way to go. Once we're more technologically advanced and it knows you are talking about Pete, the spelling of likeable will be changed to lovable.

Go Pete you lovable bastard!

sideswipe

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shows AI still has a fair way to go. Once we're more technologically advanced and it knows you are talking about Pete, the spelling of likeable will be changed to lovable.

Go Pete you lovable bastard!
Evidence of his lovability was his speech to the anti-vaxxers on Sunday. He was on the stage in bare feet. That is authentic, man.

JB1975

Premium Platinum
Feb 26, 2015
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
My first ever thumbs down. You earned it for daring to disrespect Pete Version 1.0.
I won't pretend that the angry thumb doesn't hurt, because the wounds of life cannot heal if you ignore them.

Still, my third-rate psychoanalysis tells me that you're really angry at yourself for not seeing that the devil always lurked in Pete Evans.

Or you're stung for being chided about using the word 'awesome'.

We all need to look deeply within ourselves.

HeathComeBack

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to take the blue pill and go back to when Pete was the likeable TV chef. As long as his teeth are still awesome.

Bigfooty is trying to tell me that likeable should be spelt likable. This wouldn't happen in The Matrix, thus proving I am outside it.
it keeps wanting me to put z's where the English spelling is with an s, I hate the red line, By the way, why is it an s not a s when there is no vowel in front of s. The English language is way too complicated and i will never work it out!

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Evidence of his lovability was his speech to the anti-vaxxers on Sunday. He was on the stage in bare feet. That is authentic, man.
And let's face it, shoes are an oppressive instrument yoking us to the establishment. You know they were shoes in China. And it's being pushed by the corrupt msm with their mind control. Have you noticed that they usually depict people wearing shoes? Bloody sheeple keep wearing the bloody things.

sideswipe

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I won't pretend that the angry thumb doesn't hurt, because the wounds of life cannot heal if you ignore them.

Still, my third-rate psychoanalysis tells me that you're really angry at yourself for not seeing that the devil always lurked in Pete Evans.

I don't like it when people see right through me. Scratch the surface, all you find is more surface. Then, nothing.

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mock all you want but people have a right to be concerned about an unproven, untested experimental vaccine that at this stage doesn’t appear to do anything other than possibly lessen the severity of the symptoms.
It’s also experimental technology
This does not mean they deserve the label of ant-vaxxer, only that they’re cautious about what goes into their body.
It's been Tested and Good Results are coming in.

Don't get Vaccine and nothing Changes

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
While you are in teaching mode, can you please explain the various uses of "gh" which can be silent, g or f?

Aghast
Although
Enough
I don't know about those examples.

But in general with non-phonetic spelling, spelling is more connected to meaning than pronunciation. Pronunciation changes over time and words come from a variety of different languages and we don't always pronounce them the same as the root language. When we first started to get anal about spelling, the convention tended (but not always) to be to stick with the original spelling. The advantage of this is that the root word and thus meaning is more clear and spelling doesn't change as quickly as in other languages - it also keeps spelling constant amongst the various different groups of the English language (imagine Scottish phonetic spelling). The disadvantage is that it makes spelling hard and literacy slower to acquire with patterns and supposed rules regularly broken. Or in other words - tell TKIL to fu** off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone Critical

Mar 11, 2007
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood

Can shallow look deeply?

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a fair question. These days, however, the important thing is to create the impression of looking deeply.

With silvering hair and spectacles, this is an art I've easily mastered.
I'm avoiding glasses to the point where when I play golf I haven't seen any of my drives all year and rely on my playing partners to tell me where it went, so I go with a different technique: When I'm in a vacant mood, I've learnt to tilt my head backwards, furrow my brow and curl my index finger under my lip, with my thumb under the chin - equally as effective - it also gives you justification for ignoring requests from kids and wife - sorry I was too deep in thought.

WalterBlaknWhte

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think I'm an anti-laserer. Too many science fiction movies. The whole concept of someone taking a light sabre to my eyes, freaks me out.
Seeing the detail of green leaves afterwards was awe-inspiring

Was also great being in the surf and not getting slapped by waves

Guessing you’d lose your excuse that you didn’t realise she was a ladyboy?

Remove this Banner Ad