Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are rolling out the vaccine at a pitifully slow rate.

My wife works in general practice and has had to do planning for the vaccine clinics they will need to hold.

They have been provided no information so far about when they will receive vaccines. It makes it remarkably difficult to plan appropriately.

Many GP clinics won't do vaccines because it's going to be a costly exercise for them to actually provide them. My understanding is that they aren't allowed to do the vaccines during a run of the mill appointment.

The people in charge of this roll out are failing miserably so far.

My wife works in general practice and has had to do planning for the vaccine clinics they will need to hold.

They have been provided no information so far about when they will receive vaccines. I makes it remarkably difficult to plan appropriately.

Many GP clinics won't do vaccines because it's going to be a costly exercise for them to run them.

The people in charge of this roll out are failing miserably so far.
At the risk of being accused of having a cultural cringe etc, this kind of tardiness is precisely what I expect this country to deliver at a time when other countries are vaccinated their populations at lightning speed.

He is not going to the UK. I was more interested in the speed of the rollout rather than the technicalities of getting into the country. I would imagine within a very short period of time the vaccination passport will be all that matters in terms of entry. We are rolling out the vaccine at a pitifully slow rate.
So where’s he going?
like all countries, the start of the rollout is slow. No country started with a “bang”.
Ours will follow this path and ramp up over the next few weeks.

Just for a comparison, the UK are now at about 1/3 of population having the first of 2 jabs.
The first one was in the 8th of December, so it has taken almost 3 months to the one third figure.
Only 800,000 have had the follow up jab.
So, on those figures, of a country vaccinating at warp speed, we need to achieve 8 million first jabs by mid/late May.
This will depend entirely on supply.

Last edited:

He is not going to the UK. I was more interested in the speed of the rollout rather than the technicalities of getting into the country. I would imagine within a very short period of time the vaccination passport will be all that matters in terms of entry. We are rolling out the vaccine at a pitifully slow rate.

Be later this year at the Earlist before the have a Vaccine Passport for most of the World.

Plus can't you still Spread Covid with a Vaccine. You just would not get Badly Sick with it

The problem with the passport jab thingimagigy and that re is that say the govt get a wif of how good Dimples is and that re.. folk partying and going crazy and having a good night on the turps and that re.. they'd wanna attend and that re.. then the word gets out.. and every man and his dog would want to come and get shitfaced and dance the night away.. on the blocks and that re or whatever and that.. then the night becomes over commercialized.. and you've got a line that extends out to 100 meters or whatever and that re sort of a thing.. then the essence of the night is lost. On the other hand though.. you can make the night really quite exclusive and only campaigners like me can get in.. park the amaxi just outside the door.. show it off a bit by giving the subwoofers a good work out.. popping open the bonnet to show off the fluro diffs and that re.. as everyone's waiting to get in.. then you can go to the front of the line and simply walk in.. would be *en allright I reckon and that re.

So where’s he going?
like all countries, the start of the rollout is slow. No country started with a “bang”.
Ours will follow this path and ramp up over the next few weeks.

Just for a comparison, the UK are now at about 1/3 of population having the first of 2 jabs.
The first one was in the 8th of December, so it has taken almost 3 months to the one third figure.
Only 800,000 have had the follow up jab.
So, on those figures, of a country vaccinating at warp speed, we need to achieve 8 million first jabs by mid/late May.
This will depend entirely on supply.
We have done 6000 in well over a week. The rollout has proceeded art snail pace. And yes you are right about supply. Given it will nearly all be coming from our local CSL, that is also likely to be delayed.

Be later this year at the Earlist before the have a Vaccine Passport for most of the World.

Plus can't you still Spread Covid with a Vaccine. You just would not get Badly Sick with it
Americans are on target to be vaccinated by the end of May. For all the criticism of Trump, the country has not lagged at getting the best vaccines and administering them early. By the end of May, the majority of Australians are unlikely to have had their first jab. Then there is a 3 month wait for the second jab.

It might be said that I drank too much during one of my last nights in Sydney, in the same way we might say that the Titanic took on a bit too much water.

I didn't know I was seeking oblivion until I found it, and I found it: in pints, bottles, glasses, and shots of I don't remember what.

I collapsed somewhere, I don't remember where. A man stopped by and, instead of robbing me, proceeded to ask about my welfare. Had I been assaulted? Where are you from? I don't remember my replies, can't remember replying at all.

Blackout. I recall being bumped into an ambulance, sound of another polite voice.

Blackout. 'You're in Sydney Hospital, Mr JB, it seems you had a big night'. I nod to the doctor, nod to the IV drip in my arm.

Blackout. Nurse: 'Would you like to try and stand up, Mr JB?' Nod to the nurse, lift my feet over the bed, and take flight.

Blackout. I'm 'conscious', but hardly realise that the doctor is talking to me before he's called away by a 'code blue'.

Stumble into light, away from hospital, a weary traveler walking 'home' among the political and corporate titans of Martin Place.

I just received a text from Sydney Hospital, asking me to fill out a survey about my experience of their fine institution. What to say? Exemplary etiquette, maybe. Everyone so polite to me, I could learn from their example and be kinder to myself.

Americans are on target to be vaccinated by the end of May. For all the criticism of Trump, the country has not lagged at getting the best vaccines and administering them early. By the end of May, the majority of Australians are unlikely to have had their first jab. Then there is a 3 month wait for the second jab.

I agree it would appear that we're draging our feet on vaccination front but we don't face the same urgency as GB and the US. I'd be interested to learn how the NZ roll-out is going. They are a closer match to our circumstances with a (much) less bureaucratic public service.

It might be said that I drank too much during one of my last nights in Sydney, in the same way we might say that the Titanic took on a bit too much water.

I didn't know I was seeking oblivion until I found it, and I found it: in pints, bottles, glasses, and shots of I don't remember what.

I collapsed somewhere, I don't remember where. A man stopped by and, instead of robbing me, proceeded to ask about my welfare. Had I been assaulted? Where are you from? I don't remember my replies, can't remember replying at all.

Blackout. I recall being bumped into an ambulance, sound of another polite voice.

Blackout. 'You're in Sydney Hospital, Mr JB, it seems you had a big night'. I nod to the doctor, nod to the IV drip in my arm.

Blackout. Nurse: 'Would you like to try and stand up, Mr JB?' Nod to the nurse, lift my feet over the bed, and take flight.

Blackout. I'm 'conscious', but hardly realise that the doctor is talking to me before he's called away by a 'code blue'.

Stumble into light, away from hospital, a weary traveler walking 'home' among the political and corporate titans of Martin Place.

I just received a text from Sydney Hospital, asking me to fill out a survey about my experience of their fine institution. What to say? Exemplary etiquette, maybe. Everyone so polite to me, I could learn from their example and be kinder to myself.
You really are a bit of a dark horse, JB!

Hope you are okay now. Well enough to never have a drop again?

I have never experienced anything like that, I seem to have a built radar that stops me.

Strictly a two glass of wine drinker most of my life and with a meal.

I agree it would appear that we're draging our feet on vaccination front but we don't face the same urgency as GB and the US. I'd be interested to learn how the NZ roll-out is going. They are a closer match to our circumstances with a (much) less bureaucratic public service.
There is a sense of urgency in terms of the world and us resuming a normal life. As for NZ, I consider them about as nannyish as us, but their rollout is actually ahead of ours and their population a lot smaller. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...alias-vaccination-rates-with-9000-doses-given

Hope you are okay now. Well enough to never have a drop again?

I have never experienced anything like that, I seem to have a built radar that stops me.

Strictly a two glass of wine drinker most of my life and with a meal.

Lived like a monk during the lockdown, or like a monk training for a title fight, and avoided alcohol for most of last year.

I'm usually a 'respectable' drinker these days, and I'll try and avoid another bender for the next decade or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good.
Hard to believe the daily cases, and deaths, are up by 2% in the USA despite the vaccination rollout.

You won't be getting it. You'll be enduring the never ending story vaccine along with the rest of us.
I would be dropping the current contracts and trying to source the one shot.
Not just because even the thought of a needle makes my testicles retreat into my body, but because logistically you half the labour and costs of the whole operation.

You won't be getting it. You'll be enduring the never ending story vaccine along with the rest of us.

Is that the one that turns you into a Luck Dragon?

I want that one. Only if it does this though...

anigif_sub-buzz-29982-1536208402-1.gif

But not this

69b6e4e80f24b49279e9c7a2519d363f.gif

Lived like a monk during the lockdown, or like a monk training for a title fight, and avoided alcohol for most of last year.

I'm usually a 'respectable' drinker these days, and I'll try and avoid another bender for the next decade or so.

One way or another it sounds like that was something you needed, even subconsciously.

In which case, hopefully mission accomplished. But you need to leave the wanton self abuse and self destruction to those of us younger and more resilient in future. Or else. I might have to bring out the riding crop.

Glad you’re okay JB

ps what did you do with WalterBlaknWhte?

Sounds like uni days. Did you pick up?

Malaysia is talking Feb 2022 to have gotten around to everyone who wants one, and their dates usually blow out rather than coming in.

What's happening in Thailand and Cambodia?

One way or another it sounds like that was something you needed, even subconsciously.

In which case, hopefully mission accomplished. But you need to leave the wanton self abuse and self destruction to those of us younger and more resilient in future. Or else. I might have to bring out the riding crop.

The notion of not having the stamina for self-destruction is a novel one, not sure I can get my head around it.

But I can adapt. I'll take up knitting, perhaps, and wield those needles in poorly-lit rooms.

Glad you’re okay JB

ps what did you do with @WalterBlaknWhte?

Thanks MG.

Sorry to say that I lost our dear Walter, along with my dignity and a good portion of my cerebral functioning.

Sounds like uni days. Did you pick up?

Well I got picked up, romanced by the NSW Ambulance service and whisked to the ambient love nest of Sydney emergency. Does that count?

You will probably receive a 5 star review from them. It's an automatic 4 stars as long as you haven't abused staff for wrecking your opioid high by injecting you with Narcan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back