Opinion Covid-19 & The footy season (& food & sheep)...

Remove this Banner Ad

JB1975

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2015
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Science has just discovered that horses recognise their own reflection in a mirror, which points towards them being self-aware:

As if we didn't already know that horses have a bit more self-awareness than the average human.

For myself, I try not to recognise my own reflection but remain painfully self-aware of who stands before me in the mirror.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Science has just discovered that horses recognise their own reflection in a mirror, which points towards them being self-aware:

As if we didn't already know that horses have a bit more self-awareness than the average human.

For myself, I try not to recognise my own reflection but remain painfully self-aware of who stands before me in the mirror.
The horse on here has much more vanity than self awareness I think.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

time start arming yourself and prepping for the equine apocalypse

Good Horse

Premium Platinum
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

We are just making sure no pony-like tendencies are cropping up. It's a defense mechanism.

Or sometimes saying in horse...

"you talking to me?"

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thailand has announced a plan to open up between now and October to vaccinated tourists. Given the tardiness of our immunisation program, the over 70's from here may well be the only tourists ready to take advantage of the planned opening. This is the fear of many, that the world will open up and we will still be locked out of the party because we limited ourselves to one vaccine and can neither produce or distribute it at a decent rate. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/tat...7JmKITanCFWYGyJzlM9KXITaSp4pFHD_Fbxd_arkF12ZU

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DinoSoar

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2013
Outer Fringes
AFL Club
Collingwood
I gather from the PM's press conference a few minutes ago that under 50's are not going to get the AstraZenica vaccine. Well good luck to them given there are no other vaccines available in this country. :rolleyes:
We are now doomed to remain in this whiplash of restrictions on and off for the next 12 months at least, with the international border to remain closed. There will be the inevitable leaks from quarantine, especially if this UK variant is the dominant strain being brought in. The vaccination rollout was woefully behind schedule as it is without this further constraint being added, we simply cannot get enough supply of the Pfizer vax into the country and none of the others are approved for use so that’s a mute point, too.

MagpieJoel

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I gather from the PM's press conference a few minutes ago that under 50's are not going to get the AstraZenica vaccine. Well good luck to them given there are no other vaccines available in this country. :rolleyes:
You'd assume they will order them. Obviously, when Pfizer can fulfil the order is a different matter.

The Pfizer vax isn't being blocked by Europe because they have been able to meet their orders.

I think it's going to take a while to get to the general public stage anyway.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You'd assume they will order them. Obviously, when Pfizer can fulfil the order is a different matter.

The Pfizer vax isn't being blocked by Europe because they have been able to meet their orders.

I think it's going to take a while to get to the general public anyway.
The demand for Pfizer will spike now as the eu and uk are also placing advisories re az.

It’s a balls up.

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think it's going to take a while to get to the general public stage anyway.
From what I understand, it's extremely difficult to get other vaccines now on a new order.

Last edited:

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are now doomed to remain in this whiplash of restrictions on and off for the next 12 months at least, with the international border to remain closed. There will be the inevitable leaks from quarantine, especially if this UK variant is the dominant strain being brought in. The vaccination rollout was woefully behind schedule as it is without this further constraint being added, we simply cannot get enough supply of the Pfizer vax into the country and none of the others are approved for use so that’s a mute point, too.
The international border is not closed to those who wish to leave for longer than 3 months and there are opportunities opening up to enter other countries. The key to entry or even boarding an international airline is being vaccinated, but this country has done precisely what I always knew it would - ensured that the vast majority of it's citizens will be among the last out of the starting gates in the international travel stakes.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Novavax is still on the cards but now looking a lot further away for Australia than the June timeframe that was being looked at a month or two ago.

Remove this Banner Ad