Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must confess to be utterly frustrated by the overly nannified approach of the Australian governments to absolutely everything related to covid 19. Without the ability to travel beyond this country's borders, life loses much of its appeal for me. Returning Australians can't even get home let alone the overseas' students who could inject much needed funds into our education system and life into our cities through apartment rentals. However, I imagine that leaving this country will still be possible - but getting back in will be fraught with difficulty.

Australia still has only given a first vaccine to less than 5% of the population, while the USA has vaccinated 54% of their population and the European union 22%. The Federal government is rightly copping the blame for the incredibly slow rollout, but I imagine the same overly cautious, bureaucracy and regulation riddled approach would have occurred no matter which party was in charge. It's pathetic.
Albo would have us at 35% by now.
Scomo is useless.

Doomsday might not be far away. Yesterday I received an order from my wife (delivered via daughter) regarding a birthday present, more accurately a directive to purchase a handbag. Good Horse will be shocked to learn of the brand.

I have warned of this before. But nobody took heed of my warnings. I guess I should be pleased that there is some acknowledgement of the inherent deadliness of ponies, but when you use this as a branding, for a supposedly desirable product, what message are you sending?

Are we to have Lovely Cholera brand footwear? Designer hats named Carlton? Where will this celebration of the depraved and dangerous end?

I urge you all to join me in leading a demonstration against this scourge. We will carry torches and reclaim our shopping centres from this menace. I am sure there are good people on both sides here, but we must cleanse the planet of anyone who might, even in postmodern irony, heap praise on ponies. Build a pyre of their designer bags. And then we can start burning Belgians...

Sorry, was that mic still on? Hello?

I have warned of this before. But nobody took heed of my warnings. I guess I should be pleased that there is some acknowledgement of the inherent deadliness of ponies, but when you use this as a branding, for a supposedly desirable product, what message are you sending?

Are we to have Lovely Cholera brand footwear? Designer hats named Carlton? Where will this celebration of the depraved and dangerous end?

I urge you all to join me in leading a demonstration against this scourge. We will carry torches and reclaim our shopping centres from this menace. I am sure there are good people on both sides here, but we must cleanse the planet of anyone who might, even in postmodern irony, heap praise on ponies. Build a pyre of their designer bags. And then we can start burning Belgians...

Sorry, was that mic still on? Hello?

I am considering getting in touch with whoever owns this brand and directing them to your BF posts. You might become the counter-brand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really?

Where would he have procured the vaccines from? Would he have bypassed the batch testing from CSL?

Albanese can't even count to 35, let alone run a vaccination program.
Not surprised you’re a Lib. You should probably follow Carlton.

It could be worse. We could be led by ponies.

Or are we....

Not surprised you’re a Lib. You should probably follow Carlton.

So you admit being a Liberal means success, since Carlton have won seven premierships since 1970? As opposed to two.

Nice to see you answer the question by the way. Here's a further one for you - how would Albanese have persuaded the rapacious doctors, whose natural instinct is to gouge the public whenever they can, to become more involved in vaccination?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching the news this morning re.. and they were saying it's not a bad thing to eat pizza for breakfast and have cereal for dinner and that re sort of a thing.. you all saw proof of that when I won the highly decorated and prestigious Lavazza Turkish Coffee Cup.. mate.

Am I a great or what re.. had that figured out when I was 2 yrs old or whatever re.

So you admit being a Liberal means success, since Carlton have won seven premierships since 1970? As opposed to two.

Nice to see you answer the question by the way. Here's a further one for you - how would Albanese have persuaded the rapacious doctors, whose natural instinct is to gouge the public whenever they can, to become more involved in vaccination?
My Albo comment was meant as a joke, although Scomo’s government have totally arsed up the vaccination program.

Last edited:
During the worst of Covid, around 550 aged care residents died from the outbreak in Victoria. 45 of these came from from the St Basil's facility.

Let the Andrews government wear a portion of the blame, because it deserves it, but that shouldn't blind anyone to what the pandemic has revealed about the abomination of our aged care system.

I was interested in the recent royal commission into aged care, and this piece about St Basil's is a nauseating case study which adds its own evidence of profound neglect:

Run by the Greek Orthodox Church, St Basil's has received tens of millions of taxpayer funds in recent years while at the same time it has kicked back around $20 million to the archdiocese.

This is the crew headed by an Archbishop who organised his Church to buy him a $7 million apartment overlooking the Harbour Bridge and Opera House in Sydney. He also sports some sexy vestments which cost around $30,000 a piece.

Vow of poverty be damned.

A son complained to St Basil's about conditions, especially the poor quality of food, and was told it was fine because the residents were simple folk who had all worked in factories during their earlier years and 'at least it isn't dog food'.

Capitalism is a wonderous thing, but it does have a tendency to convince the unscrupulous that anything and everything is a potential cash cow. It ain't.

Beware a Greek bearing gifts!
During the worst of Covid, around 550 aged care residents died from the outbreak in Victoria. 45 of these came from from the St Basil's facility.

Let the Andrews government wear a portion of the blame, because it deserves it, but that shouldn't blind anyone to what the pandemic has revealed about the abomination of our aged care system.

I was interested in the recent royal commission into aged care, and this piece about St Basil's is a nauseating case study which adds its own evidence of profound neglect:

Run by the Greek Orthodox Church, St Basil's has received tens of millions of taxpayer funds in recent years while at the same time it has kicked back around $20 million to the archdiocese.

This is the crew headed by an Archbishop who organised his Church to buy him a $7 million apartment overlooking the Harbour Bridge and Opera House in Sydney. He also sports some sexy vestments which cost around $30,000 a piece.

A son complained to St Basil's about conditions, especially the poor quality of food, and was told it was fine because the residents were simple folk who had all worked in factories during their earlier years and 'at least it isn't dog food'.

Capitalism is a wonderous thing, but it does have a tendency to convince the unscrupulous that anything and everything is a potential cash cow. It ain't.
I recall hearing a day or two ago that 80% of health care workers were yet to be vaccinated. Seemed a high figure for the coalface workers of the industry, but the program couldn't proceed any slower if it wanted. Also heard many of the elderly were getting the Pfizer rather than the AZ, which in turn denies an under 50 worker the opportunity for a jab.

Beware a Greek bearing gifts!
I recall hearing a day or two ago that 80% of health care workers were yet to be vaccinated. Seemed a high figure for the coalface workers of the industry, but the program couldn't proceed any slower if it wanted. Also heard many of the elderly were getting the Pfizer rather than the AZ, which in turn denies an under 50 worker the opportunity for a jab.

My great-grandfather is well into his 80s, living in a residential care place, and --as of last week at least-- still hasn't received a jab.

An aunt who works in the administration of the place can't tell us what the delay is all about.

In 1941, John Curtin inaugurated a Department of Postwar Reconstruction in order to draw up a vision and allocate resources to a new Australia in the post-war world. It was an inspired move in many ways, not least because the war was at its worst and it gave long-suffering citizens a sense of hope and clarity about the future.

It gave Australia a foundation for its future at a moment when it wasn't clear that we'd even have a future.

Australia is capable of momentous things, but not when it is led by a Prime Minister who sells us an idea of leadership and then delivers a steady supply of platitudes.

My great-grandfather is well into his 80s, living in a residential care place, and --as of last week at least-- still hasn't received a jab.

An aunt who works in the administration of the place can't tell us what the delay is all about.

In 1941, John Curtin inaugurated a Department of Postwar Reconstruction in order to draw up a vision and allocate resources to a new Australia in the post-war world. It was an inspired move in many ways, not least because the war was at its worst and it gave long-suffering citizens a sense of hope and clarity about the future.

It gave Australia a foundation for its future at a moment when it wasn't clear that we'd even have a future.

Australia is capable of momentous things, but not when it is led by a Prime Minister who sells us an idea of leadership and then delivers a steady supply of platitudes.
I know several people who have got the jab AOT and don't understand how any of them received it ahead of an aged or health care worker or an aged care resident.

I despise all religion.

I despise all religion.

Being born out of nothing and living for a burst of time and then returning to nothing can seem a bit bleak. I accept and respect that religion provides a warm doona for life in a cold universe.

But f*** me, faith does take on some hideous forms, and the institutional expression of it can be ghoulish.

Scommo is a Total Idiot
I now despise him as much as you know who, perhaps even more so given he is now standing between me and freedom and taunting with these pronouncements of quarantine free travel when a first vaccine shot is still months away. The last 6 months have been disastrous for the federal libs. Scommo in particular is in a very weak position, and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back