Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankston has formally commenced negotiating a two-state solution

We've set-up an office in HK to attract its best and brightest, abandoning our policy of 'We grew here, you flew here'

A militia has been raised - arsenals were buried in backyards during the gun amnesty

They have been instructed that a stocking over your head is not PPE

Norf is trying to relocate and become the Frankston Dolphins

And our coat of arms is a toddler booting a seagull (the bird tried to steal her Maccas)

Those A**HOLES be the 1st to Sook about it. Wonder IF they going to Protest Again?

Also why is Australia still taking people from overseas back? IF they did not come home with it 1st Started then Bad Bloody Luck
FFS Dave! There is no evidence whatsoever that the protests had anything to do with the spread of the virus. Also it wasn't the people returning from overseas that are responsible. It's the idiots the state government employed to 'guard' them who spread it.

Why not start it tomorrow and not today?! It's going to last 6 weeks. A day at least gives people the chance to do things they won't be able to do once the lockdown starts.

Agree. They should Start it Straight away as people will now try and Escape up North

FFS Dave! There is no evidence whatsoever that the protests had anything to do with the spread of the virus. Also it wasn't the people returning from overseas that are responsible. It's the idiots the state government employed to 'guard' them who spread it.

Agree. Why did we keep bringing people that had tons of Cases in those Countries and have Flogs as Security Guards

When I think about everything I've done, all that I've achieved since the end of the last lock down and the beginning of the next one...I realise that I may as well have been in lock down the whole time.

I find that depressing.

When I think about everything I've done, all that I've achieved since the end of the last lock down and the beginning of the next one...I realise that I may as well have been in lock down the whole time.

I find that depressing.
I was thinking the same thing about myself....haha

Oh well, when the current one is over it will be our time to shine!

Waiting for the Big Ears fans to come out in praise of this this measured reaction. Is he going for a world record?

His government's incompetence in managing quarantine is indefensible and he is using the inquiry to sidestep this and all the negative sentiment it has resulted in during media questioning.

If this was a Lib. government the Labor supporters would be gathering the pitchforks.

For this to have gone our way we needed the magic combination of good decision making from our leaders and some luck; we got neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess what... at the end of the 6 week lockdown we'll get 10 new cases and no one will care because it's only 10 new cases per day... then it'll be 20, 30, 50, and then it'll be a 100... then Daniel Andrews will call an emergency meeting to discuss an official time to set a cabinet meeting and then he'll think about some strategies to start reducing our numbers again.

Have no fear with Dan in charge.

I find that depressing.
Google food recipes!
Chutney curries etc.

In a disease that seems predominantly asymptomatic
- surely we should be using hospitalizations as the benchmark not not positive tests. With 33 people in hospital and only 5 in ICU is this really a health crisis requiring a lockdown?

Dan told us we needed to Lockdown initially to increased ICU capacity (which we increased 10 fold) and now with another lockdown, he’s governing as if these beds are full.
This completely defies all logic.

Last edited:
His government's incompetence in managing quarantine is indefensible and he is using the inquiry to sidestep this and all the negative sentiment it has resulted in during media questioning.

If this was a Lib. government the Labor supporters would be gathering the pitchforks.

For this to have gone our way we needed the magic combination of perfect decision making from our leaders and some luck; we got neither.
I watched the police commissioner questioned about the hotel guard fiasco and her answer to almost every question was 'I don't want to preempt the inquiry outcome'. Announcing an inquiry was a great little tactic by BE to deflect criticism. BE is just being quoted on the radio as I type. I find him very difficult to listen to now, particularly when he puts all the blame for the new lockdown on people not doing the right thing.

I read the news on my phone while I was walking the beagle. After dropping him at his home, I got stuck talking to an ice user with a syringe in his hand babbling about how he had 48 Master's degrees, had met Donald Trump and family plus saved the USA 438 trillion dollars (and many other equally absurd things). He barely took a breath and didn't offer me an opportunity to get away. Then he went to shake hands and I politely refused. I was more worried about getting pricked by his syringe than catching covid. Eventually I interrupted him, bade him farewell and clambered into my new car which is not going to clock up many kilometers in the next 6 weeks.

Apparently there are numerous ice users in the towers that are under siege. Those towers are going to present a powder keg of problems as the addicts are forced to endure cold turkey under policed lockdown.

Surely Maggie idiots are spread relatively evenly across Australia? Why only Melbourne? Why not Adelaide or Hobart which also both have similar climates? I only heard a tiny excerpt from BE's speech where he blamed people not doing the right thing. I gather he didn't take any blame for his own inept decision to employ a private security firm. I don't buy this idiots argument as the reason for Melbourne being totally out of step with the rest of the country.
Good points TGG but I only speak of the idiots that I have been speaking to.

Friend told me of a family that he knows of had a wedding of 30 people in their home thinking no-one would notice.

I heard him strongly accept responsibility not sure that it makes any difference now that the horse has bolted.

I refuse to vote for either party as they are both as corrupt as each other in my opinion. Haven't in over 15 years
So I think I can be judged as impartial. But make no mistake the Premier screwed this up. The only state leader who hasn't overcome this.
Did his union mates insist on union based security for the hotels? Why did he refuse the federal governments offer of ADF personnel to oversee hotel quarantine? Monumental screw up that has stuck us back in lockdown for another 6 weeks. I have no faith he will do better given a 2nd crack at it.

I watched the police commissioner questioned about the hotel guard fiasco and her answer to almost every question was 'I don't want to preempt the inquiry outcome'. Announcing an inquiry was a great little tactic by BE to deflect criticism. BE is just being quoted on the radio as I type. I find him very difficult to listen to now, particularly when he puts all the blame for the new lockdown on people not doing the right thing.

I read the news on my phone while I was walking the beagle. After dropping him at his home, I got stuck talking to an ice user with a syringe in his hand babbling about how he had 48 Master's degrees, had met Donald Trump and family plus saved the USA 438 trillion dollars (and many other equally absurd things). He barely took a breath and didn't offer me an opportunity to get away. Then he went to shake hands and I politely refused. I was more worried about getting pricked by his syringe than catching covid. Eventually I interrupted him, bade him farewell and clambered into my new car which is not going to clock up many kilometers in the next 6 weeks.

Apparently there are numerous ice users in the towers that are under siege. Those towers are going to present a powder keg of problems as the addicts are forced to endure cold turkey under policed lockdown.
Even though the q hotels decision and non oversight was a shocker, it still fit under the banner of some people not doing the right thing - eg. the guards and the returnees.

I suspect that will create a few nightmare scenarios. I think I read in the news that a member of the police was bitten by a tower resident yesterday (no, not an angry beagle).

"I don't want to preempt the inquiry outcome" = "Nobody is willing to fall on their sword for this SNAFU, so we're letting the experts decide about who to blame".

I hate on the Morinington Peninsula has hardly any case but we cop the Lockdown?

I would of Locked the Morinington Peninsula down in that no one can leave or get in but keep the Lockdown Rules Less

Good points TGG but I only speak of the idiots that I have been speaking to.

Friend told me of a family that he knows of had a wedding of 30 people in their home thinking no-one would notice.

I heard him strongly accept responsibility not sure that it makes any difference now that the horse has bolted.

I didn't hear him take ownership of the bungle. I only heard him say that he understands the frustration.

The major points from today's interview were:
  • This virus is extremely contagious and we risk losing control again
  • We have to go into stage 3 restrictions for 6 weeks
  • I understand your frustration
  • We have to work together to beat it, we're not there yet

When he was asked about the quarantine fiasco he accepted or assigned no responsibility.

Maybe he has in another interview that I missed. :shrug:

I find that depressing.

I was thinking the same we should just stayed in at best Stage 2 Lockdown

For this to have gone our way we needed the magic combination of good decision making from our leaders and some luck; we got neither.

IF the Libs where in Charge there be cases in at least the Thousands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back