Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem the AFL are open to resuming the season when and if the circumstances allow and even if it takes the rest of the year to complete.

They own Marvel so I assume that would be available for use while any Sheffield shield matches around the country could surely me moved to smaller venues as they attract bugger all in terms of crowd anyway.

The big bash and international cricket schedules could cause problems with any AFL fixture however.

Cricket will need to do their part during this unprecedented period because simply put football provides the majority of the revenue that stadiums and broadcasters generate in a year.

Well they have Big Bash at Marvel

Find a Curer or Vaccine for it and there been some good reports that is heading in the Right Direction.

People catching the Virus goes down a Fair Bit.

I can still see us having a Season

There will be no vaccine that's widely distributed this year, I can guarantee it.

Vaccines need an extensive testing process before they're widely rolled out to the public.

Find a Curer or Vaccine for it and there been some good reports that is heading in the Right Direction.

People catching the Virus goes down a Fair Bit.

I can still see us having a Season

You can't go from sample to vaccine overnight Dave.. it take a good yr or 2 to do that.

There will be no vaccine that's widely distributed this year, I can guarantee it.

Vaccines need an extensive testing process before they're widely rolled out to the public.

So we will be in Lockdown for 2 Years?

It might be wise for our club to get on the phone tomorrow and hire our players treadmills and home gyms to help keep fitness levels up if they aren't allowed to train together at our headquarters or have to self isolate at some stage.

If going outside is still allowed for exercise but we can't congregate then an individual exercise program can be devised by Kevin White.

If training has to be abandoned I don't see many problems arising if we take a professional approach to finding alternative options.

It might be wise for our club to get on the phone tomorrow and hire our players treadmills and home gyms to help keep fitness levels up if they aren't allowed to train together at our headquarters or have to self isolate at some stage.

If going outside is still allowed for exercise but we can't congregate then an individual exercise program can be devised by Kevin White.

If training has to be abandoned I don't see many problems arising if we take a professional approach to finding alternative options.

Could they still turn up at Olympic Park then for Training but go home After the Training instead of going inside?

Mowing my lawn 3 times a day.. hitting the home gym hard.. perfecting my cooking skills.. free djing for neighbors.. online yoga I've never tried that s**t but might do an hr session of it every morning.. self reflection and development and malakies like that f zen re.. etc etc..

You've got to have a plan in place.. don't become a couch patato re.. come out of this the other end stronger than ever.

Looking forward to your fragrance and male grooming product review videos Gimpy!

Have our Olympic swimmers do laps in their tub.. and expect em to do what in the games?

Very disappointing but understandable.
I was super keen on our chances this year moreso after Friday night. ...
Obvious we were favourites. Even more obvious this is another AFL conspiracy to stop us winning the flag.
I think I have enough beer...
Mate! The impression I get from you is "enough beer" would be a shite load. Do you live in a brewery or something? I've just given up. Gunna get me one of those kobucha plants. Dunno if you can get high if you drink enough of it but I am going to give it a damn good go.

Yes I think it's fair to postpone the season by 2 mths.. have the players train wherever or whenever.. and expect em to come out firing again in 2 mths time.. that is a complete joke as far as I'm concerned. Not fair on the players.. mind and body.. and not fair on us supporters waiting for an answer in 2 mths time.

Write it off ffs!

I agree Gimpy. Anyone that has had to train hard for months to prepare for a comp will understand how hard it is to (a) keep that high fitness standard for another N months and (b) maintain the rage.

If you ask the players though, I'm sure they wouldn't want to write the year off altogether. Those managing injuries will appreciate the extra rehab time.

If we can slow the contagion rate enough that things are under control by June, and the authorities have built enough capacity to treat the serious cases that will inevitably arise, I want footy in June. Even if that means in empty stadiums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't congregate.. have em stand trampolines on their side as team mates. Or the club can splurge their cash on artificial intelligence.

So we will be in Lockdown for 2 Years?

We are locking down to limit the amount of people that get it in the timespan that won't be as much of a threat to our health system (or at least less of a threat then if everyone got the disease at once)

This virus will be around for a long time. Clearly the country can't stay locked down for economic reasons. The government is preparing for a good portion of us to catch this virus. (around 60%)

Vaccines don't appear out of thin air.

I agree Gimpy. Anyone that has had to train hard for months to prepare for a comp will understand how hard it is to (a) keep that high fitness standard for another N months and (b) maintain the rage.

If you ask the players though, I'm sure they wouldn't want to write the year off altogether. Those managing injuries will appreciate the extra rehab time.

If we can slow the contagion rate enough that things are under control by June, and the authorities have built enough capacity to treat the serious cases that will inevitably arise, I want footy in June. Even if that means in empty stadiums.

I don't think it's right.

Not fair on the players.

We are locking down to limit the amount of people that get it in the timespan that won't be as much of a threat to our health system (or at least less of a threat then if everyone got the disease at once)

This virus will be around for a long time. Clearly the country can't stay locked down for economic reasons. The government is preparing for a good portion of us to catch this virus. (around 60%)

Vaccines don't appear out of thin air.

Virus might never ever go away 100%.

Well they been Testing things Already and they found something that has Success against the Virus.

The Vaccine take longer as start from Scratch but IF they have something that can hep People get better with it then that will go long way of things go back to Normal

If it fails to resume then the Draft order has to be a lottery system too.
Suggest be last season’s order. But without any priority picks etc.

That is fairest I’d guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back