Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four out of five cleared, family assumes it's okay to just send the fifth to back school. The advice should have been more complete, but the family also should have sort clarification. Not seeking clarification is on them not DHHS.

There's also this where the family has given it directly to two other households, one of which is over 25km away. While it's unknown if they meet outside (permitted) or visited the house (banned) they would have had to travel more than the then 5km restriction to reach one of the households.

Chinese concrete their gardens too. You have something in common. My Chinese landlord in Bangkok was horrified when I bought grass strips to lay around a little pond in the front yard. I'd popped some water and goldfish in and even ringed the pond with flowers. I thought I'd be doing her a favour providing a contrast to the fully concreted yards, but I couldn't have been more wrong if I had wanted to be.

I love natural landscapes and will be be spending quality time on the ride-on mower. :)

After years of living on a large lot I do look forward to something that requires less hard yakka.

Can you stop qualifiying your criticisms of Big Ears with 'to be fair' and 'is not a comic book villain' type remarks. You make me think your switching sides, particularly since you called him Mr Andrews a couple of times. Don't let your resolve be weakened! Maintain the rage!

TKiL

Four out of five cleared, family assumes it's okay to just send the fifth to back school. The advice should have been more complete, but the family also should have sort clarification. Not seeking clarification is on them not DHHS.

There's also this where the family has given it directly to two other households, one of which is over 25km away. While it's unknown if they meet outside (permitted) or visited the house (banned) they would have had to travel more than the then 5km restriction to reach one of the households.

Have you read the Age article which reproduces the DHHS email?

“As discussed, your family has met the Department of Health and Human Service's (sic) criteria to end isolation. Please see letters attached. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.

Relying on that to send your kid to school sounds like pretty reasonable behaviour?

The heinous abuse of an apostrophe need not be mentioned.

Last edited:

Like the distaste for all things Andrews that jathanas likes to project, there is probably a chink or two in the armour plated innocence of this family, with perhaps a significant degree of fault on both sides. It certainly looks a cluster* of red from the small version I am forced to view. Unless of course the kids spread that through school contacts. I can't read the print on the diagram where the contact method may be clearly explained.

I love natural landscapes and will be be spending quality time on the ride-on mower. :)

After years of living on a large lot I do look forward to something that requires less hard yakka.
I can tell from the photos of your yard you don't really want to concrete your colourful outdoor oasis.

Like the distaste for all things Andrews that jathanas likes to project, there is probably a chink or two in the armour plated innocence of this family, with perhaps a significant degree of fault on both sides. It certainly looks a clusterfu** of red from the small version I am forced to view. Unless of course the kids spread that through school contacts. I can't read the print on the diagram where the contact method may be clearly explained.
Here's a larger version. Seemingly it was passed from one house in Heidelberg Heights directly to another in Roxburgh Park and not via a school or work.

1603670196465.png

Just as an aside, what is the wind like today where the rest of you live. My magpies are only coming once or twice (the male) a day the last few weeks since sitting on a new lot of eggs, but there is no way either of them could make it onto my balcony this morning. Even the balcony table has blown over, which has never before happened. Melbourne's weather leaves a lot to be desired, even well outside the winter period.

Here's a larger version. Seemingly it was passed from one house in Heidelberg Heights directly to another in Roxburgh Park and not via a school or work.

View attachment 995377
Cheers. The twitter version would not even show. Much appreciated, barrackers. Have DHHS released this to justify their side of the story and discredit the family's complaints?

Have you read the Age article which reproduces the DHHS email?

“As discussed, your family has met the Department of Health and Human Service's (sic) criteria to end isolation. Please see letters attached. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.

Relying on that to send your kid to school sounds like pretty reasonable beheaviour?

The heinous abuse of an apostrophe need not be mentioned.
I read an article on one site, which referenced the age article. It would be interesting to know what letters were attached. For example did they receive letters for four of the family members giving them clearance? Certainly the fifth family member wasn't discussed and family then made an assumption.

“Due to the phone call and email that did not mention [the boy, we] didn’t take him to get tested,” the family member said. “Considering they called on the 17th, and did not mention any day 11 test, and halted all communications with my [family] from that day on, [we] thought he was in the clear.”

Cheers. The twitter version would not even show. Much appreciated, barrackers. Have DHHS released this to justify their side of the story and discredit the family's complaints?
It was released by DHHS yesterday morning. Don't know what their motivation was.

I read an article on one site, which referenced the age article. It would be interesting to know what letters were attached. For example did they receive letters for four of the family members giving them clearance? Certainly the fifth family member wasn't discussed and family then made an assumption.

It's likely that this includes elements of wrongdoing from both parties.

1603670877780.png

"...

Health authorities said last week that the year 5 boy had attended school on October 19 and October 20 even though members of his family remained in quarantine at home with COVID-19 infections. Testing commander Jeroen Weimar on Saturday said the family were “expressly told not to” send their child to school.

But the family told The Age that the department had sent an October 17 email that said: “Your family has met the Department of Health and Human Service's (sic) criteria to end isolation”.

..."

I would say that the onus of clarity lies with DHHS. "Your family" is a terribly general phrase. Guess this tracks back to there being different case officers for different family members. If one person was over the family, it would be pretty simple to say "Jimmy, Bobby and Ricky are ok, but Sally needs to stay home for a few more days".

Hope they learn from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say that the onus of clarity lies with DHHS. "Your family" is a terribly general phrase.

Correct. In a Greek setting this phrase would include partner, children, parents, inlaws, siblings, cousins, and people originating from the same village.

Last edited:
I would say that the onus of clarity lies with DHHS... Hope they learn from it.

Agree

They are the supposed experts

So many of us would get sued in our businesses or lose clients for being this reckless in our communication

And we might destroy our biz if we then blamed the client because other clients would not trust us

PS meanwhile, more of the tree fell on the neighbour’s house, arborist comes in 90 min, fingers-crossed this 40 metre dangerous Devil Leviathan comes down

Mate, I am focused on repairing mistakes, but I also don't have confidence in Dan's judgement or DHHS, so I am concerned this is going to drag on longer than it should. I am entirely focused on moving forward. But I am never going to forget the incompetence that brought about the situation we are in.
Good to hear.
So, post about moving forward. Others will hold those accountable to account.

I would say that the onus of clarity lies with DHHS. "Your family" is a terribly general phrase. Guess this tracks back to there being different case officers for different family members. If one person was over the family, it would be pretty simple to say "Jimmy, Bobby and Ricky are ok, but Sally needs to stay home for a few more days".

Hope they learn from it.
DHHS are wholly responsible for this cluster.
The general populace relies on the organisation to inform them correctly of what is expected of them.
By saying your family is cleared, then any reasonable person would assume that to include every member in the household.
That they also failed to report back on the 5 year olds test, so the family can only assume a negative result, is also a big mistake.
The whole system needs someone to take it by the throat, shake it up, make clear to employees how to do the job. It appears that employees of DHHS Don’t understand what we expect of them. It appears there is no actual procedure that has to be followed.

Is Greece like Tasmania?

In the most important respects yes e.g. both have a proud history of cheesemaking excellence.

Last edited:
see what happens when I'm a bit busy on stuff here and there - inc other threads about our fearless, time-honoured, cannot get rid of, everywhere, perpetually bustling President

As I said elsewhere - being a guardian of high standards is a thankless task

PS - we used to be proud of the BIG V, not now that it stands for Big Virus :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back