Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfizer vaccine can be stored in a normal freezer for two weeks, might make things a bit easier for Aus.
Is that true?
Because I thought it was a minus 70C storage requirement and domestic freezers don't do that.
Pretty much a game changer for that vaccine if you’re right.
Would still be the more fragile of the two vaccines we have because of the fact it needs to be diluted and administered within 6 or so hours from defrost.
I note the Government have already stated there will be loses along the was.

Is that true?
Because I thought it was a minus 70C storage requirement and domestic freezers don't do that.
Pretty much a game changer for that vaccine if you’re right.
Would still be the more fragile of the two vaccines we have because of the fact it needs to be diluted and administered within 6 or so hours from defrost.
I note the Government have already stated there will be loses along the was.
That just makes it more expensive due to wastage, which it is anyway, but not a big issue when compared with the cost of lockdowns. The issue is that countries can't get enough of it, because there's a limited supply. I wonder if they will be able to vaccinate everyone with AZ and then upgrade in a year or two when there is an available supply of a better vaccine or whether that will casue medical issues.

Last edited:

That just makes it more expensive due to wastage, which it is anyway, but not a big issue when compared with the cost of lockdowns. The issue is that countries can't get enough of it, because there's a limited supply. I wonder if they will be able to vaccinate everyone with AZ and then upgrade in a year or two when there is an available supply of a better vaccine or whether that will casue medical issues.
Well the Moderna vaccine should be also available shortly.
Based on the same technology as the Pfizer vaccine, without the storage issues. Can be stored in regular freezers, and scored at 2-8 degrees celsius for up to 30 days!
Plus, a 95% immune success rate.

Well the Moderna vaccine should be also available shortly.
Based on the same technology as the Pfizer vaccine, without the storage issues. Can be stored in regular freezers, and scored at 2-8 degrees celsius for up to 30 days!
Plus, a 95% immune success rate.

We haven't actually approved or ordered it yet, have we? If we do we will be swimming in vaccines like several other wealthy countries which have calved off the lion's share for themselves to the detriment of poorer countries. Plus it seems unlikely we will be offered a choice when our turn comes. We can always employ Dave or the Gimp's suggestion that extra doses could be given to add to our protective layer!

Bloody Disgusting that the Pollies are Getting a Better Vacine then Majority of Normal Aussies.

Only Caring about themselves

Dave, their positions carry a lot of responsibility and they need to be healthy to carry out their roles. They are also setting an example to the greater community to be vaccinated, regardless of what type of vaccine you get.

We haven't actually approved or ordered it yet, have we? If we do we will be swimming in vaccines like several other wealthy countries which have calved off the lion's share for themselves to the detriment of poorer countries. Plus it seems unlikely we will be offered a choice when our turn comes. We can always employ Dave or the Gimp's suggestion that extra doses could be given to add to our protective layer!
You are right, for some reason government stopped discussing with Moderna and is not on our list. Only choice of two at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thumbs down to the utensil heads booing when vaccinations were mentioned at the tennis last night.
There are plenty of them around. Some clown on the radio this morning stated that he wouldn't get the vaccine because he was in a low-risk group. When questioned about the possibility of passing the virus onto a more vulnerable person, he replied that he didn't interact with anyone vulnerable. Guess he is either a hermit or a f-kwit.

Thumbs down to the utensil heads booing when vaccinations were mentioned at the tennis last night.

The whole booing of the vaccine was all per se man.. the crowd anticipated the announcer was going to praise the Victorian government for a job well done. Hopeless.

Got to nod my head in disbelief at times. Really.

The whole booing of the vaccine was all per se man.. the crowd anticipated the announcer was going to praise the Victorian government for a job well done. Hopeless.

Got to nod my head in disbelief at times. Really.
Victorian or Federal? Good reason to boo either really given we are near last in the world queue.

Victorian or Federal? Good reason to boo either really given we are near last in the world queue.

Victorian.. apparently 90% approval of administering a vaccine.. accounted for 90% of the crowd booing.. Christ. Must have only sold tickets to anti vaxxers re. Must have been a lengthy process rounding em up.

Victorian.. apparently 90% approval of administering a vaccine.. accounted for 90% of the booing.. Christ. Must have only sold tickets to anti vaxxers re.
There is nothing praiseworthy about the timing of our vaccine delivery. We couldn't have introduced it more slowly if we wanted to do so. And the bread and butter one could be months away - they say March, but we are yet to even start producing it in Australia.

There is nothing praiseworthy about the timing of our vaccine delivery. We couldn't have introduced it more slowly if we wanted to do so. And the bread and butter one could be months away - they say March, but we are yet to even start producing it in Australia.

Don't think folk booed in unison because of the timing of the jab re when it wasn't even about the jab anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back