Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of toe cheese...

The Liberal Village has lost its Idiot to the cross benches

Liberal MP Craig Kelly
Prime material for the Great Australian Party. Possibly suited to have a crack at a Senate seat next go round. Imagine him, Rod Culleton and Pete Evans? A formidable triumvirate.

I won't pretend that the angry thumb doesn't hurt, because the wounds of life cannot heal if you ignore them.

Still, my third-rate psychoanalysis tells me that you're really angry at yourself for not seeing that the devil always lurked in Pete Evans.

Or you're stung for being chided about using the word 'awesome'.

We all need to look deeply within ourselves.
Can shallow look deeply?

Can shallow look deeply?

It's a fair question. These days, however, the important thing is to create the impression of looking deeply.

With silvering hair and spectacles, this is an art I've easily mastered.

It's a fair question. These days, however, the important thing is to create the impression of looking deeply.

Let us be the judge of that

I'm avoiding glasses to the point where when I play golf I haven't seen any of my drives all year and rely on my playing partners to tell me where it went, so I go with a different technique: When I'm in a vacant mood, I've learnt to tilt my head backwards, furrow my brow and curl my index finger under my lip, with my thumb under the chin - equally as effective - it also gives you justification for ignoring requests from kids and wife - sorry I was too deep in thought.

Got my eyes lasered at 32

Surgeon said it would be one of the best 5 decisions I’d make in my life

It is well in front of deciding to have kids

I think I'm an anti-laserer. Too many science fiction movies. The whole concept of someone taking a light sabre to my eyes, freaks me out.

I think I'm an anti-laserer. Too many science fiction movies. The whole concept of someone taking a light sabre to my eyes, freaks me out.

Seeing the detail of green leaves afterwards was awe-inspiring

Was also great being in the surf and not getting slapped by waves

Guessing you’d lose your excuse that you didn’t realise she was a ladyboy?

Don't buy into it TD. It's such a poxie spin being done on when pollies choose to get their jabs.

At least he doing when He should and not like PM making sure he can get a Photo Shoot from it

At least he doing when He should and not like PM making sure he can get a Photo Shoot from it

Whichever way they chose is a win for the snipers.

If they chose to have it first, they're selfish pricks only looking after themselves rather than worrying about who is at greatest risk.

If they choose to not get it early, they are setting a bad example and fuelling people's concerns and fears about the vaccine.

There's just no way to win.

When ScoMo announced his early vax, he was doing what all other leaders had done at that date - setting an example to show his faith in the vaccine. The narrative has changed as it's been worked out how to snipe an early vaxxer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albo just got vaxed

Good on him

We don’t want our leaders to be sick
Your wonder woman shouldn't bother getting vaccinated at all. She's a born covid slayer with Pfizer naturally pumping through her veins.

Last edited:
Ahh, maybe not

Pete is air-drying his toe cheese

He then grates this on pasta for his guests

Kinda like grating white truffles, but not really
Poor old Pete. He can't even get grating toe cheese right and hasn't learnt that it accumulates best in shoes and socks.

Guessing you’d lose your excuse that you didn’t realise she was a ladyboy?

Jesus Walt get with the program: "They were a ladyboy". Actually scratch that, "They were ladyboys".

But yes I need to do something about my eyesight. My golf partners are very competitive and it's become a bit too common that they say "It went out of bounds" Only for me to walk up the hole and find my ball in the middle of the fairway. "Jeez you got lucky. It must have hit a tree."

Jesus Walt get with the program: "They were a ladyboy". Actually scratch that, "They were ladyboys".

But yes I need to do something about my eyesight. My golf partners are very competitive and it's become a bit too common that they say "It went out of bounds" Only for me to walk up the hole and find my ball in the middle of the fairway. "Jeez you got lucky. It must have hit a tree."
I hope if you reloaded you called it a provisional. And why is it that provisional balls always go straight down the middle?

I hope if you reloaded you called it a provisional. And why is it that provisional balls always go straight down the middle?

My provisionals don't. I overcorrect and miss the other side. My provisional provisionals however are a sight to behold.

Surely in KL you have a caddy? They must cost next to nothing.

My Thai prison mate came from a family of caddies and flower garland makers and sellers. They lived in a hut over a pond in which they threw plastic bags full of household garbage, then bathed and swam. The parents caddied at the air force course that borders the runway at Bangkok's Don Meuang airport. Each day, they lined up with the other caddies hoping to secure a job and a tip for their efforts.

The caddie community lived directly under the flight path of the planes landing at the airport. The aircraft passed incredibly low overhead as the flood prone shanty town sat just beyond the runway. For visitors, the plane's proximity and noise was a novelty and vaguely exciting, but for the residents the noise must have been frustrating.

His elder brother was employed to dive for golf balls in the water hazard ponds. His younger brother was trialled for the same job but his chronically infected ears (my theory - the dirty bathing water) couldn't handle the water pressure.

Dad drank cheaply distilled liquor and died at 47. His sister spent her days threading flowers, good luck garlands sold at traffic lights to be dangled on the internal car mirror. She died even younger from lung cancer but thought the pain was the result of the hours spent spearing the petals.

Another uncle was a priest at the local wat. Often in the late afternoon, Oh would sit cross legged at the door to his upstairs room in the old wooden wat. The room resembled the inside of a shop, full of household items he had been gifted over time by devout Buddhists. He was a gentle man and a bit of a father substitute for the children of his brother. But he also died in his mid 40's.

Caddies live a hand to mouth existence in SEA. I hope you use them. :):)

Last edited:

My Thai prison mate came from a family of caddies and flower garland makers and sellers. They lived in a hut over a pond in which they threw plastic bags full of household garbage, then bathed and swam. The parents caddied at the air force course that borders the runway at Bangkok's Don Meuang airport. Each day, they lined up with the other caddies hoping to secure a job and a tip for their efforts.

The caddie community lived directly under the flight path of the planes landing at the airport. The aircraft passed incredibly low overhead as the flood prone shanty town sat just beyond the runway. For visitors, the plane's proximity and noise was a novelty and vaguely exciting, but for the residents the noise must have been frustrating.

His elder brother was employed to dive for golf balls in the water hazard ponds. His younger brother was trialled for the same job but his chronically infected ears (my theory - the dirty bathing water) couldn't handle the water pressure.

Dad drank cheaply distilled liquor and died at 47. His sister spent her days threading flowers, good luck garlands sold at traffic lights to be dangled on the internal car mirror. She died even younger from lung cancer but thought the pain was the result of the hours spent spearing the petals.

Another uncle was a priest at the local wat. Often in the late afternoon, Oh would sit cross legged at the door to his upstairs room in the old wooden wat. The room resembled the inside of a shop, full of household items he had been gifted over time by devout Buddhists. He was a gentle man and a bit of a father substitute for the children of his brother. But he also died in his mid 40's.

Unfortunately I don't get to assuage my spoilt expat guilt by helping out any caddies. There's not a caddy in sight on the 9 hole course in our compound. But in my defence, my dodgy eyesight and wayward hacking does result in me losing a lot of balls and then buying them back, supplementing the measly incomes of underpaid Bangladeshi green keepers. Actually I don't really buy the golf balls. I just rent them, so those greenkeepers are really usurers exploiting my physical in capabilities. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Unfortunately I don't get to assuage my spoilt expat guilt by helping out any caddies. There's not a caddy in sight on the 9 hole course in our compound. But in my defence, my dodgy eyesight and wayward hacking does result in me losing a lot of balls and then buying them back, supplementing the measly incomes of underpaid Bangladeshi green keepers. Actually I don't really buy the golf balls. I just rent them, so those greenkeepers are really usurers exploiting my physical in capabilities. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Are Bangladeshis used as cheap labour by Malaysians just as the Burmese are by the Thais? Same religion makes for easy integration into the lowest ranks of society.

Are Bangladeshis used as cheap labour by Malaysians just as the Burmese are by the Thais? Same religion makes for easy integration into the lowest ranks of society.
Lots of foreign workers. I don't really know how it works yet as its been a pretty sheltered existence so far, with settling in, a fair bit of online schooling and then afterwards picking up the pieces of my daughters shambolic online schooling, various degrees of lockdown But it seems to be a different nation for different professions. The security guards I've met are all Nepali. Groundsmen are Bengali. Home help is Phillipino. Lots of non local Indians working in restaurants. No idea about factories. Unlike other parts of Malaysia, KL is not particularly Muslim, might not even be the majority. Big tamil and Hokkien Chinese communities.

Last edited:
Lots of foreign workers. I don't really know how it works yet as its been a pretty sheltered existence so far, with settling in, a fair bit of online schooling and then afterwards picking up the pieces of my daughters shambolic online schooling, various degrees of lockdown But it seems to be a different nation for different professions. The security guards I've met are all Nepali. Groundsmen are Bengali. Home help is Phillipino. No idea about factories. Unlike other parts of Malaysia, KL is not particularly Muslim, might not even be the majority. Big tamil and Hokkien Chinese communities.
In 1980 I flew Malaysian Airways KL to Madras in Tamil Nadu. The plane was booked solid with Tamils largely wearing Indian clothing who behaved like they were on a public bus. They leapt from their seats as the wheels hit the runway and were immediately pushed back into their seats by the air hostess. There's a lot of Tamils in Singapore and Bangkok, particularly in textiles and clothing shops. You would be 100% right about the mix of nationals. The Chinese dominated business there then and probably still do now despite earlier government attempts to redress the success balance between the majority Malay and Chinese populations. Philippinos often feature prominently in English teaching in SEA and NGO organisations. Indians and Phillipinos here feature prominently in aged care work and of course in call centres. It's interesting how certain nationalities and ethnic group seem to have a predisposition towards particular careers and jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back