Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we're killing it. My 86 year old mother in law can't even get it (let alone my 78 year old mother).

My daughter works in a public hospital as a nurse and they don't organise for her to have it. She has to go to some place miles away in her own time off to get it. She's also done the training to administer it early this year but no-one has given her any info about her actually using those qualifications to give it. She's sitting on the shelf like the vaccine itself.

It's total incompetence.

This one is for you Kirby. Alas, your avatar passed away (well, not Comrade Dyatlov, but Paul Ritter)

Looking to take my son to his first AFL match this wknd. Not members and noticed that the only options to buy tickets are currently AFL reserved, MCC reserved or club members. Does anyone know if it will be possible to get tickets later in the week or will I need to buy some memberships?

This one is for you Kirby. Alas, your avatar passed away (well, not Comrade Dyatlov, but Paul Ritter)

So sad at this. Martin Goodman in Friday Night Dinner is the best comedy character of at least the last decade. That the same actor produced such a devastating performance in Chernobyl is remarkable.

So sad at this. Martin Goodman in Friday Night Dinner is the best comedy character of at least the last decade. That the same actor produced such a devastating performance in Chernobyl is remarkable.
Somehow I missed this series. ABC iview still has series 6 of which I just watched the first episode and will binge the others.

Looking to take my son to his first AFL match this wknd. Not members and noticed that the only options to buy tickets are currently AFL reserved, MCC reserved or club members. Does anyone know if it will be possible to get tickets later in the week or will I need to buy some memberships?
I’m pretty sure you can later in the week.

Science has just discovered that horses recognise their own reflection in a mirror, which points towards them being self-aware:

As if we didn't already know that horses have a bit more self-awareness than the average human.

For myself, I try not to recognise my own reflection but remain painfully self-aware of who stands before me in the mirror.

Science has just discovered that horses recognise their own reflection in a mirror, which points towards them being self-aware:

As if we didn't already know that horses have a bit more self-awareness than the average human.

For myself, I try not to recognise my own reflection but remain painfully self-aware of who stands before me in the mirror.
The horse on here has much more vanity than self awareness I think.

time start arming yourself and prepping for the equine apocalypse

We are just making sure no pony-like tendencies are cropping up. It's a defense mechanism.

Or sometimes saying in horse...

"you talking to me?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was beautiful, I would be unashamedly vain.

If I were a Friesian, I would probably spend my entire day just trotting while looking in the mirror.

Maybe Black_White thinks I'm a Friesian? Or perhaps he still thinks I'm Susan Boyle?

Thailand has announced a plan to open up between now and October to vaccinated tourists. Given the tardiness of our immunisation program, the over 70's from here may well be the only tourists ready to take advantage of the planned opening. This is the fear of many, that the world will open up and we will still be locked out of the party because we limited ourselves to one vaccine and can neither produce or distribute it at a decent rate. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/tat...7JmKITanCFWYGyJzlM9KXITaSp4pFHD_Fbxd_arkF12ZU

I gather from the PM's press conference a few minutes ago that under 50's are not going to get the AstraZenica vaccine. Well good luck to them given there are no other vaccines available in this country. :rolleyes:

We are now doomed to remain in this whiplash of restrictions on and off for the next 12 months at least, with the international border to remain closed. There will be the inevitable leaks from quarantine, especially if this UK variant is the dominant strain being brought in. The vaccination rollout was woefully behind schedule as it is without this further constraint being added, we simply cannot get enough supply of the Pfizer vax into the country and none of the others are approved for use so that’s a mute point, too.

I gather from the PM's press conference a few minutes ago that under 50's are not going to get the AstraZenica vaccine. Well good luck to them given there are no other vaccines available in this country. :rolleyes:
They're welcome to mine as I really have reservations about the AZ and have no great desire to travel at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back